https://www.staples.ca/products/2736...-prd-63116-001

Staples has it for $229.97. Clearance price (.97). But it's been like that for a while now. The stores are slowly discarding their store specific stock.

I was surprised that they got rid of all their Key2s and Key2 LEs first, but I'm guess that's because they had more limited stock of those newer devices. The Key2 LE, I was told by an associate that they have 80 nationwide. And none anywhere close to me. And no longer on their website. If you want either of those newer devices, likely have to get it from the big carriers.
    09-06-19 02:38 PM
    Not worth it. Also they're likely from the batch that the screen falls out of....
    John Albert likes this.
    09-06-19 02:42 PM
    Not worth it. Also they're likely from the batch that the screen falls out of....
    Are you sure about that? Anyone purchase one of these phones and having difficulty with the screen?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-19 03:17 PM
    I have been trying to sell a used one in excellent condition and used for only a year for quite some time on Kijiji. Seems few are really interested in them unless they are free.
    09-06-19 05:59 PM
    I have been trying to sell a used one in excellent condition and used for only a year for quite some time on Kijiji. Seems few are really interested in them unless they are free.
    How much are you asking for?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-19 06:08 PM
    For the price I personally feel it trumps most others in that price range for overall specs and capabilities. Yeah no longer getting updates but I bet the same holds true for the majority of others as well. Great short-term burner phone that doesn't break the bank imo... Yes I bought one for same price a while back.
    09-07-19 01:09 AM
    Are you sure about that? Anyone purchase one of these phones and having difficulty with the screen?

Posted via CB10
    No problems with mine but then we do not use it much these days either. Got on a whim just cuz yet thinks it's a great short-term devices for anyone needing such.
    skilas likes this.
    09-07-19 01:12 AM
    Zer0ten is probably right. I got my Key 1 as soon as it came out in 2017. It was a Silver model PRD-63116-001. It was one of the first production runs. While it was pretty good it did have the problems of the early models - weak radio reception under certain conditions, loose (not terribly) keys, and after a while the screen did come off. I just bought a new Black Edition PRD-63116-041 and it is beautiful. All of the problems have been fixed. It is super quality and I love it. I got it from a store called PDA Plaza in Montreal. It cost $420.00 Cdn but worth it. Don’t know if they have any more.
    09-07-19 08:36 AM
    Just to add - $230.00 is a great price and I would jump on it if I could find one for that.
    09-07-19 08:41 AM
    How much are you asking for?

Posted via CB10
    Had been asking $200 CD, including extras, for many months - and long before prices for new may have dropped to "clearance" sale status at Staples.

I have also noticed that the prices being asked for used have finally begun dropping on sites like Kijiji.
    09-07-19 09:08 AM
    I bought one, and no problems thus far. I'm an electrician and my environment isn't the friendliest for a non-ruggedized phone either. OTOH I've had it in a Stilgut flip cover since it came out of the box.

As I said elsewhere in this forum, I went shopping for a cheap slab to fill in between retiring my (2nd) Classic and finding out (a) if there is any future for the TCL products, and (b) whether my wager on the Titan Kickstarter project will bear fruit.

I stumbled on the Staples deal and so far have been quite happy with "the one." Some of that is probably due to low cost and expectations. I will miss the trackpad forever but I knew there'd be no substitute for it. On the job I routinely wear skin-thin coated gloves, so anything I can do without touching the screen is appreciated - and on the Classic, that was pretty much everything.

BTW I got pretty excited when I discovered the KEYone keyboard cursor control mode - potentially a real boon to text editing. In the field though, it sometimes fails to recognize the double-tap mode switch command, and can be pretty uneven in its response when does get into the cursor mode. Hunh. Not a feature I even expected to have, so - whatever. If I'd paid a higher price and was counting on having that feature I'd be less accepting of the limitations.

As it stands, the capacitive keyboard is still worth something to me - but more so when I'm off the job and bare-handed.
    skilas likes this.
    09-08-19 12:36 PM