When I started replying to your post, you had yet to be corrected by the OP. Don't dish out what you can't take.
    My comment re people getting on with their lives till the release date stands.

I look forward to the release of the K1, and will purchase it.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    03-31-17 05:52 PM
    Yep, honesty would have been nice. But a lot of people are speculating that it's a software problem on Blackberrys end. If true, there's no way that TCL would point the finger. If it is on BlackBerry and not TCL, I kinda respect them more for falling on the sword.
    Good point and I think you're right.
    03-31-17 05:53 PM
    It's obvious the software isn't production ready for an April release thats all. TCL doesn't have a problem making phones once they get the 'go' from BB on the OS and then TCL can schedule a production run for the KeyOne. What most likely happened is that the OS wasn't ready for the initial schedule date for production and they had the bump it down the road to the next open date at TCL. Well run hardware companies don't have factory lines sitting idle waiting for someone else, neither do they make the hardware and store the phones in a warehouse for a month waiting for the OS.
    Yup, I'm voting the ball is in BlackBerry's court as well. If it was hardware delay, John Chen wouldn't have been so specific about the delay, he would just deflect the question to BlackBerry Mobile.
    03-31-17 05:54 PM

I'm looking forward to it as well ... see; we agree on something.
    03-31-17 05:54 PM
    I kinda wonder about the software as well since we have seen no beta of Nougat yet to my knowledge.
    03-31-17 06:01 PM
    Lol... again a Story of someone jumping to a S8. I don't understand this and I do not want to judge this, as this is senseless. I do not focus on a PBK-device and then jump to a Touchscreen, that is available 2 weeks earlier.

Posted via CB10
    keyboardweeb and DolemiteDONS like this.
    03-31-17 06:04 PM
    Lol... again a Story of someone jumping to a S8. I don't understand this and I do not want to judge this, as this is senseless. I do not focus on a PBK-device and then jump to a Touchscreen, that is available 2 weeks earlier.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Priv and use both form factors. Lately I've gotten used to the vkb, so much so that I'm questioning whether or not I could use a full slab phone all the time. Excitement for the K1 is dying while excitement foe the S8 is gearing up. I myself will stick with th K1, but I don't think it's senseless for someone else to like both phones and buy either based on availability.
    03-31-17 06:08 PM

People are getting on with their lives. This is a KeyOne forum and that is what people are talking about. You can continue on with your life as well as you are in here typing away too.
    03-31-17 06:10 PM
    Completely ridiculous.
    03-31-17 06:12 PM
    Well I hope the release means available at most retailers and carriers not just one or two stores
    03-31-17 06:35 PM
    I kinda wonder about the software as well since we have seen no beta of Nougat yet to my knowledge.
    While there is no beta, there is production BlackBerry Nougat, namely BlackBerry Aurora.

Granted, that thing doesn't have a keyboard, and John from BlackBerry cited difficulties in that.
    03-31-17 06:43 PM
    Damn... It's almost as if they want the people who have been loyal to BlackBerry to go out and buy something different. My PRIV is toast, after 10+ years of sticking around, I'm done with this nonsense.
    AllanQuatermain and mister2d like this.
    03-31-17 06:50 PM
    I literally have been lurking on this site for 10 years. Loved BB. LOVED CB. Left after the BB 10 stuff and went to Apple. I am so ingrained in their ecosystem but I have prepped all my docs and googlefied my life in preparation for the KEYone. To get so excited but have this drag out in classic BB fashion is so damn disheartening. I'm gonna stick around but I don't blame others at all. Some things never change I guess.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-31-17 07:13 PM
    Honestly wouldn't be AT ALL surprised if this didn't get into carriers or hands of consumers not till July / August
    03-31-17 07:14 PM
    I literally have been lurking on this site for 10 years. Loved BB. LOVED CB. Left after the BB 10 stuff and went to Apple. I am so ingrained in their ecosystem but I have prepped all my docs and googlefied my life in preparation for the KEYone. To get so excited but have this drag out in classic BB fashion is so damn disheartening. I'm gonna stick around but I don't blame others at all. Some things never change I guess.
    CrackBerrians are like the beaten dog that keeps coming back to its master.
    03-31-17 07:15 PM
    I just joined today from lurking mode for 10 years. That alone should show how disappointed I am. I get people saying relax it's a phone, it's only another month blah blah. But I think it's the lack of clarity that drives me batty. NOTHING changes. Would even love for CBK to step up and be honest. I agree with another post saying more meet ups means more delays. You don't need meet ups if it's in people's hands.
    03-31-17 07:17 PM
    Dont tweet about exciting April like 2 days before you amend it saying ah may maybe and stay tuned.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-31-17 07:19 PM
    Worst thing is, now if you Google KEYone news, all top stories have bold headlines about "BlackBerry KEYone delayed" or "delayed until May or later". Not good headlines for prospective customers. Would be better to see news stating "KEYone demand outstrips supply" or "TCL ramps up KEYone production to meet demand". Too many people just read headlines

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 07:24 PM
    Nah, even the beaten dog finds faster a better thing to do hahaha

CrackBerrians are like the beaten dog that keeps coming back to its master.
    03-31-17 07:26 PM
    I just joined today from lurking mode for 10 years. That alone should show how disappointed I am. I get people saying relax it's a phone, it's only another month blah blah. But I think it's the lack of clarity that drives me batty. NOTHING changes. Would even love for CBK to step up and be honest. I agree with another post saying more meet ups means more delays. You don't need meet ups if it's in people's hands.
    The people saying "relax" , "it's just a phone", etc ... are usually people who defend BlackBerry no matter what. This release has been totally botched and there are still people who can't stand to hear anyone criticize BlackBerry.

If only there was a forum where everyone stood united to sing the praises of a phone and the company that built it. A forum where we could all go to talk anxiously about the release of a new phone and then line up by the thousands on release day to show our unwavering support. A forum where ... wait a minute, there is such a forum.

www.imore.com

But this is BlackBerry, they are one of the biggest screw-up stories in the history of business. So if they screw up something like a release of a phone (which they have), maybe everybody needs to let those who want to vent go ahead and do it.
    naijab0y, Tsepz_GP and chance1180 like this.
    03-31-17 07:37 PM
    While there is no beta, there is production BlackBerry Nougat, namely BlackBerry Aurora.

Granted, that thing doesn't have a keyboard, and John from BlackBerry cited difficulties in that.
    What about the pre-production KEYone's? Aren't they running Nougat too?
    03-31-17 07:38 PM
    did web search, here is old info. look like TCL is very standardized their equipment for SMT production line and single sourced for equipment. That normally good for mass production of similar platform design, such as in TCL house of idol or dtek 50, 60. If Merc required something new, not sure the flexibility of the tooling is there to support it. to commission a slap building line to different format handset, may need some extra work, possibly, test point, fault catch capability, and assembly sequence included. If not done properly, the tolerance of fit might not be there (especially, you might not catch the fault, for example, if the gyro tested prior to assembly is ok, any twist and warp may impact its performance after the assembly, unless you have a way to either compenzated or you have tooling to minimize the twist and warp upon assembly.. those are not in the design, need good MFG engineer know the overall production line tolerance and repeatability to nail it. IMHO. If you use manual labour, unless it got trained like army, you might have problem). IMHO. Best of luck of Merc. The LAST possibly the best BB design... Sorry you have to get to a foster home to get build.. hopefully, light at end of tunnel. http://www.siplace.com/bausteine.net/f/8618/SIPLACE_TCLMobil%2Btcl+shanghai+smt+production+lin e&client=safari&rls=en&hl=en&ct=clnk]Smartphone manufacturer TCL Mobile selects SIPLACE equipment[/url]
    03-31-17 07:39 PM
    What about the pre-production KEYone's? Aren't they running Nougat too?
    Well that's precisely the thing being said is unfinished, thus causing the delay.
    03-31-17 07:39 PM
    The people saying "relax" , "it's just a phone", etc ... are usually people who defend BlackBerry no matter what. This release has been totally botched and there are still people who can't stand to hear anyone criticize BlackBerry.
    Exactly this. The defending has slowed a little today but some are still jumping in to claim "maybe it's other factors like suppliers" and so on. Yes because no other company faces those challenges in this tech space yet you don't see too many dragging a launch on for 5 or even more months.
    03-31-17 07:43 PM
    Dont tweet about exciting April like 2 days before you amend it saying ah may maybe and stay tuned.
    It might still be an exciting April for him. While we have no KEYone's, he could be checking out stacks of them as they roll off the assembly line "fresh". That would be exciting for him, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be exciting for us to see a photo of the first ones made in April?
    03-31-17 07:44 PM
180 1234 ...