I planned to change my entire line up of an iPhone and Apple watch to purchase the KEYone. Intended to buy from Best Buy this morning but am not able to do so. With the incompetent "marketing" of this device, the confusion associated with "pre-registration" and the "limited stock" available on the launch date, I feel that my loyalty to the brand is being taken advantage of. The company simply doesn't care about a consumer that was willing to buy the device as was communicated for months, on May 31st. I could be patient and hope that stock would appear in the next few weeks, but, I think it is time to move on. Too many mistakes, not enough loyalty to previous brand customers. A bit too much frustration.
    05-31-17 07:22 AM
    I planned to change my entire line up of an iPhone and Apple watch to purchase the KEYone. Intended to buy from Best Buy this morning but am not able to do so. With the incompetent "marketing" of this device, the confusion associated with "pre-registration" and the "limited stock" available on the launch date, I feel that my loyalty to the brand is being taken advantage of. The company simply doesn't care about a consumer that was willing to buy the device as was communicated for months, on May 31st. I could be patient and hope that stock would appear in the next few weeks, but, I think it is time to move on. Too many mistakes, not enough loyalty to previous brand customers. A bit too much frustration.
    I couldn't agree more, the website for bbmobile itself isn't even updated, they've had months to plan and failed to execute. Every Best Buy physical location should have had stock.

I too was planning on switching multiple devices from iPhone but now am seriously reconsidering it.
    05-31-17 07:27 AM
    It seems you are not that loyal to BlackBerry as you are "all - in" Apple as you said. Otherwise you would have a Priv, DTEK 50 or 60 . Also if loyalty is important you would wait and see what happens today for stock.
    You could order from Amazon (shipped from TCL) and get in a week.
    But loyalty issues questionable.
    MyriadeCoh and rx8er like this.
    05-31-17 07:29 AM
    I think a bit too tied to a material object. Dude I honestly am frustrated af as well. Been waiting for this crap for months upon months and now that's it's officially here, I'm not in any rush to buy it anymore. Unless it shows up at the local best buy I will wait this one out. But to decide not to buy the KeyOne at all because you had to wait a little longer is purely too emotional. Take a deep breath and let it sit.. I bet on anything you will buy this device eventually.

Posted via CB10
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    05-31-17 07:30 AM
    I understand your frustration, I wanted to get one from Best Buy. I believe there is more information coming soon
    05-31-17 07:31 AM
    It seems you are not that loyal to BlackBerry as you are "all - in" Apple as you said. Otherwise you would have a Priv, DTEK 50 or 60 . Also if loyalty is important you would wait and see what happens today for stock.
    Actually it says the phone will be recieved between the 8th and the 16th. Based on how this has gone I think it's a fair bet that it wouldn't arrive until the 16th.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:47 AM
    I understand your frustration, I wanted to get one from Best Buy. I believe there is more information coming soon
    Cue the "sales have exceeded our expectations" quote, which has been BlackBerry's go to line.
    05-31-17 07:48 AM
    Which tells me they are out of stock and not very good considering they have had months to prepare for this launch.
    05-31-17 07:51 AM
    Don't go there with people not being loyal! Why be Loyal when a company can't get things together. This launch was a botch
    bjones7134 and lionhearted like this.
    05-31-17 07:52 AM
    This is exactly why I am taking the wait and see approach before I make the purchase. I don't like the idea that the big carriers are not carrying the keyone which makes me believe they did not like the device from the start. Also I am starting to see reviews complaining about lag in the device.
    05-31-17 07:54 AM
    This is exactly why I am taking the wait and see approach before I make the purchase. I don't like the idea that the big carriers are not carrying the keyone which makes me believe they did not like the device from the start. Also I am starting to see reviews complaining about lag in the device.
    Oh no man, there is no lag. It's as zippy as tj s8!

Cb users said so! Either Cb members have a lower standand for lag or they don't know what lag is, but it's very minimal difference between the keyone and the s8 which is double the price!

Never mind other phones with 625 chip running faster with better cameras for half the cost of the keyone. The keyone is a niche device.
    05-31-17 07:57 AM
    BlackBerry themselves couldn't produce a product their fickle fanbase wanted in enough numbers to profit. TCL was willing to pay and pick up the ball, made the most loyal to the BlackBerry brand phone we've seen in years, and is being understandably cautious with manufacturing.

This has been a mess today. Communication has been miserable for a while, but if you're a longtime fan, this is nothing new. If this is truly the phone you want, the wait is worth it, and has nothing to do with loyalty on your part, or TCL's.
    05-31-17 08:04 AM

Cb users said so! Either Cb members have a lower standand for lag or they don't know what lag is, but it's very minimal difference between the keyone and the s8 which is double the price!

Never mind other phones with 625 chip running faster with better cameras for half the cost of the keyone. The keyone is a niche device.
    The S8 is NOT double the price.
    05-31-17 08:15 AM
    Have to say that this really makes me chuckle. People who say because I can't get the phone right away I'm not getting what I wanted so badly anymore out of spite is comical. I wonder how many people said that waiting in line for an iPhone to only be told there are no ore units available in store? I am pretty sure they found a way and a phone.

I find we live in this must have now society of material objects and if we can't get it due to some unfortunate circumstance the world stops turning.
    Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise where you will get to read more reviews and learn more about the phone's durability and performance over the coming weeks.

It's only the first day

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and croman like this.
    05-31-17 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry themselves couldn't produce a product their fickle fanbase wanted in enough numbers to profit. TCL was willing to pay and pick up the ball, made the most loyal to the BlackBerry brand phone we've seen in years, and is being understandably cautious with manufacturing.

This has been a mess today. Communication has been miserable for a while, but if you're a longtime fan, this is nothing new. If this is truly the phone you want, the wait is worth it, and has nothing to do with loyalty on your part, or TCL's.
    Agreed, not the best release ever that's for sure! But it is better that no KEYone at all. Many PKB people would have been forced to go slab eventually. Lucky TCL took this on.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-31-17 08:37 AM
    My sticking with BlackBerry has nothing to do with being loyal and everything to do with my personal device preferences. I will buy the device that best suites me. One can only truly be loyal to a person, not a company, and I don't know anyone personally at BlackBerry. So long as they make what I want I will buy from them and no longer.
    anon(10250310) and rx8er like this.
    05-31-17 09:44 AM
    I am with you 100%, I am also an Apple fan and Windows, and everything tech really. I do recall the Apple launch of the 7 plus to be the same debacle. It took 3 weeks before I could finally get my hands on one.
    05-31-17 09:48 AM
    Good for you. I personally couldn't use an iphone because they aren't good enough at the basics, there aren't any programmable shortcuts, no headphone jack, device is too fragile, battery life isn't good enough etc. The list goes on.

Patience is a virtue.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-01-17 03:20 PM
    You never have this kind of Key Stone Cops fiasco capers with Apple, Samsung, etc. It seems that interns are in charge of things...
    06-01-17 03:29 PM

There is lag. Please. Even the phone app keypad has delay. Its not as fluid. Big diff from 7 plus for sure. But thats another os. Cant speak for s8.
    06-01-17 03:29 PM
    I am on the same boat. Up until the 31 it was out of the question that I was going to buy a blackberry. Not any more. Got tired of waiting. Every time Blackberry says something, it is another month of waiting.
    I have started to look for other options. Maybe I will buy a cheap android and buy keyone after a year. Or maybe I will buy a high specs phone and buh bye blackberry for the next 3 yeas. Or maybe I will suck it up and wait some more. I don't know. Bottom line, I need an android phone for work and my Q10 does't cut it anymore

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 03:33 PM
    There is lag. Please. Even the phone app keypad has delay. Its not as fluid. Big diff from 7 plus for sure. But thats another os. Cant speak for s8.
    not sure how you use your KEYone or how long you've had it, but mine is quite fast--then again, I really only had it for a day so... we'll see.

The reviews that said it lagged were early pre-production units and it was fixed with a software update shortly before reviews were allowed to be released. A lot of reviewers mentioned that in their review.
    06-01-17 04:36 PM
    I am on the same boat. Up until the 31 it was out of the question that I was going to buy a blackberry. Not any more. Got tired of waiting. Every time Blackberry says something, it is another month of waiting.
    I have started to look for other options. Maybe I will buy a cheap android and buy keyone after a year. Or maybe I will buy a high specs phone and buh bye blackberry for the next 3 yeas. Or maybe I will suck it up and wait some more. I don't know. Bottom line, I need an android phone for work and my Q10 does't cut it anymore

Posted via CB10
    I have been looking at an alternative to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ if it does not meet my expectations and have come up with the MOTO Z. If you get the Mophie Juice Pack battery Mod you will have a total of 5750mAh of battery to last you the day or more. It's a powerful phone, also you can buy the BlackBerry Suite and hack the BlackBerry virtual keyboard on it. That would be a great alternative with two small caveat being there is no headphone jack and the speaker is sub par. With that said there is a JBL mod lol

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 07:14 AM
    They must have spent all their time perfecting the phone and forgot to market it, because it's an absolute gift from God. Yes it's frustrating and seems incompetent, but you're only effing yourself by boycotting the keyone.

This phone combines everything I have ever loved about Blackberry with the few things BB was lacking back in the day that led to their downfall.

You're getting a keyone, you can thank me later, end of discussion.
    06-02-17 07:29 AM
    I switched and was fortunate enough to land one. Enjoy the herd.
    06-02-17 07:36 AM
26 12