- Carrier Interference
    - Last minute manufacturing defect
    - Management incompetence
    - Delivery delays
    - Anything else?
    Doughnut Break in Sector 7G. Doh!
    Frenzytom likes this.
    06-02-17 07:48 PM
    So why did you reply to my comment if you never said anything about that? My comment was directed at those who have been making claims of ridiculous numbers of units sold...

And I did look back to see why you felt it was directed toward you, and it's likely because I made that reply after one of your comments? Well, sorry for the confusion, but no, it wasn't directed at you, my comment was a general one for those who have made comments on the number of units made and sold. I typically would quote someone if I am replying directly to them. Again, sorry for the confusion, I just so happened to post that comment right after you posted yours, but it wasn't a comment directed specifically to you. Hope this clears that up...
    Yeah I probably thought it was in response to my post....all good. I think what unites many people here is the wish to own a properly functioning K1, even if there are conflicting opinions on the exact reasons for a failed launch and delays.
    06-03-17 04:09 AM
    I'm sorry sure that outside of this board a lot of people care about the long production and delivery delays. In my network most people didn't even know the KEYone existed. Still, as posted many times in this forum - disaster release for sure.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-03-17 06:48 AM
    Personally I'm not defending the launch. I'm reserving judgement until I know enough information to make an intelligent assessment.

I don't leap from "short supply in some channels" to "management is clearly incompetent".
    And without being a company insider, how do you intend on getting "enough information"? This isn't rocket science.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-03-17 06:59 AM
    I'm sorry sure that outside of this board a lot of people care about the long production and delivery delays. In my network most people didn't even know the KEYone existed. Still, as posted many times in this forum - disaster release for sure.
    Can you tell me what is the average IQ.of your network? My is just slightly above 100, definitely not qualify. I got a K1... Double not qualify.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 07:57 AM
    Can you tell me what is the average IQ.of your network?
    My network consists of business leaders / project managers / Civil engineers - not sure what their average IQ is *LOL* My point is that since Blackberry currently has less than 1% of the smartphone market it is very common that people haven't heard of it...
    06-03-17 08:04 AM
    My network consists of business leaders / project managers / Civil engineers - not sure what their average IQ is *LOL* My point is that since Blackberry currently has less than 1% of the smartphone market it is very common that people haven't heard of it...
    Thx. Now I just found my DNA deficiency why I am own a BB. Have to work hard and no short cuts. hmm, 1% feels pretty good... something special, unique, and rare... was bothered with average IQ, not anymore... ;-)
    Last edited by stlabrat; 06-04-17 at 07:30 PM.
    06-03-17 08:20 AM
    TCL and BlackBerry probably underfunded the process required to move from design to production. The result being slower production and spotty quality. At this juncture it does not pay to be an early adopter.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 08:23 AM
    144x6? That is very hard to quench the fan's fire... better have news for all the chaps running around best buy store to chase the illusive K1.
    Don't worry, it'll be as mind boggling as the previous ones. But be ready for a good chuckle though like "Sales have exceeded all expectations. Asia, get ready for the fastest selling BlackBerry ever!!!"
    06-04-17 06:27 PM
    TCL and BlackBerry probably underfunded the process required to move from design to production. The result being slower production and spotty quality. At this juncture it does not pay to be an early adopter.

Posted via CB10
    Wait for the Keytwo instead. At this rate, it'll take 2 years for that device to be available in stores or wherever they intend on selling it. But make sure you pre register for the latest news though!
    06-04-17 06:29 PM
    The KEYtwo is already sold out.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-04-17 10:11 PM
    The KEYtwo is already sold out.
    No!!!! I was hyped and excited for it. I dedicated an entire room to the BlackBerry Mobile shrine and now I can't have it since it's sold out.
    06-04-17 10:34 PM
    There are plenty heading home now with automation. Robot is much cheaper nowadays. (besides, design got everything to do with it, if you made it for robot, not labour intensive, the advantage of Chinese is minimized. It all in the design... however, one of the downside of NA is lack of designer with MFG know how, that made automation difficult)..
    That depends on the company. A lot of companies are bound by contracts with labor unions that do not allow them to replace workers with robotics. For them spending any money to more advanced means of manufacture will actually just cause them to lose money since they'll be forced to continue paying the workers they replaced for doing nothing... This happened to GM which caused them to need to file for bankruptcy before Obama bailed them out to prevent them from doing so. Filing for bankruptcy would have voided all of their contracts, including those with the labor unions. No doubt the labor unions forced Obama to bail them out to prevent that from happening. And please, don't come at me with the labor unions having no power over politics and political figures, they absolutely do...

And what also makes competing in manufacturing in NA more difficult than in Japan is the fact that our factories here are really old... It might seem like an odd correlation, but because our mainland was not bombed during WWII actually puts us in a bit of a disadvantage in terms of manufacturing because now we're stuck with a bunch of really old and out-dated manufacturing plants.

Trying to retrofit or upgrade old plants is actually harder than just building a new one. Japan, along with a lot of Europe and Asia, got the bejeezuz bombed out of them during WWII, their manufacturing plants being the target of most bombings. The US and other Allied nations actually have been helping them rebuild following the war, which actually left them with much newer facilities than we do here in the USA. Yes, plants built in the 50's and 60's are considered "modern" when you consider a lot of the manufacturing plants here in the USA could date back to the 1800's...

The question inevitable would be "why not just build new plants?" Well, to tear down old plants in order to build new plants would mean stopping production. Not only is the demolitions and construction costly things, but so is the lack of production. Why not build another factory while the old one keeps running? Well, I don't want to sound like I'm against the environment, but the EPA is a huge reason why that's not really feasible. It's not the factories themselves, but the logistical support a manufacturing plant would require. Most of the time you can't just do everything within the plant, you still need to truck over supplies from another plant. For example, you might need a full-time road just to truck over steel from a nearby facility to the actual manufacturing plant. It's just an example, but getting the approval to build these new roads just to serve this function is nearly impossible because of EPA regulations. Same thing with building the plant itself, there are tons of EPA (and other government red tape) standards they need to make sure they meet when doing so, making building new plants here expensive.

Places like China doesn't have any of these roadblocks. They need a new plant? No problem, make it. Need a new road? No problem, plow down those trees, make the road. It's become less and less about the actual costs of paying their workers and more about these other issues that the USA need to contend with that Chinese companies do not...

Anyway, sorry for the rant...
    werkregen likes this.
    06-07-17 05:08 PM
    Yeah I probably thought it was in response to my post....all good. I think what unites many people here is the wish to own a properly functioning K1, even if there are conflicting opinions on the exact reasons for a failed launch and delays.
    Definitely. Sorry for the extremely short response. Ranted too much just now, so have to balance some how... :-P
    06-07-17 05:16 PM
164 ... 567