I wonder how many they've sold, 10K pieces?
    Not even. Probably 1000-2000 were in Amazon's warehouses.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 02:59 PM
    What a terrible launch, very disappointed.
    Agreed!!! What more can be said than just this... 🤔

Bob
    05-31-17 04:15 PM
    -______- how many KEYone's did they have in stock in the first place?! lol. I live in Pasadena (Los Angeles area) and the device is not available through Best Buy (within 250 miles) and on Amazon it is temporarily out of stock. So much for delaying the release to avoid this very problem.
    I live in LA as well (LAX area) and I thought I'd be able to head to Best Buy in Culver City to pick one up. Nope. We'll see what happens, I guess.
    05-31-17 04:31 PM
    With all the hype & great fanfare, only to fail on launch day, I find it hard to believe they only made a what a thousand if that for the states & Canada. Shame on BlackBerry / TCL, bigger shame on us wanting to buy it now by the way they are treating us the buying public.

Posted via CB10
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 04:38 PM
    I wonder how many they've sold, 10K pieces?
    worldwide? Probably higher. It has been selling for about a month in UK and Germany. Pre-ordering in Canada was also relatively high ( https://crackberry.com/keyone-has-re...ckberry-device )

I mean, I would assume they would want to at least move 500K for this to be a slight success, they must have more stock at this stage.
    More in stock? Not necessarily if they keep opening up new countries before they catch up to the demand in the countries they are already selling in. France is suppose to come online in week or two. They never did fully catch up the UK and Germany demand before moving on to Canada and USA.

This more looks like they are taking steps to spread the initial demand bubble out over 2-4 months.

Higher than projected demand in the UK , Germany , and Canada would deplete phones available for the USA. There is extremely likely one and only one factory production line. That line probably has a top end capacity that is substantially lower than the initial demand bubble.

If I recall correctly there was a report in a review on these forums of phones with "made on" dates in April for a phone sold in the UK at the end of April. It isn't like TCL has been cranking out phones for several months beforehand.

Pre-registiering/Pre-ordering is [b]not[\b] necessarily going to change the production capacity at the factory.

BBMobile/TCL appears to be selling the phones as fast as they make them. It is relatively obvious someone at BBMobile/TCL used a too conservative estimate of demand. There are likely limits to just how far up they can turn the capacity "setting".

For the USA I'd put the number around 150-250K per cell network they paid to certify on. That presumes they can hold the $529 price point until reaching those breakeven points. For the 4 big networks in USA that would be about 1M. Canada probably a bit less.

Chen's sustainability limit for the Blackberry phone business was overall 4M phones per year. It don't think that gets any lower for BlackBerryMobile. They'll need some other phones this year to filling in most of the gap that the KeyOne leaves under that number.
    05-31-17 04:42 PM
    Typical blackberry launch I can't believe they did it again!
    phuoc likes this.
    05-31-17 05:00 PM
    I live in LA as well (LAX area) and I thought I'd be able to head to Best Buy in Culver City to pick one up. Nope. We'll see what happens, I guess.
    Culver City had them in stock last night. I didn't want to order but I could have if I was willing to drive.
    05-31-17 06:11 PM
    Culver City had them in stock last night. I didn't want to order but I could have if I was willing to drive.
    interesting. They probably had GSM types available, but I called and asked if they had any CDMA variants in stock and they told me they didn't.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 06:15 PM
    interesting. They probably had GSM types available, but I called and asked if they had any CDMA variants in stock and they told me they didn't.
    Yes, only the GSM model.... none of the stores close to me had any, but Culver City, Glendale, West Hollywood and Chino all had them to buy and pick up at the store. I actually had one for Glendale in my cart, but I decided to just wait until I can get it more locally... Downey or Puente Hills would be would have been okay for me... maybe Cerritios.
    05-31-17 06:24 PM
    That's a feature.
    I have a tent like that. If I want it lighter I don't have to take the fly or I can use hiking poles instead of tent poles. So, the K1 can be lighter depending on whether you take the screen or the innards. Nice feature.
    05-31-17 07:07 PM
    [WARN]The launch, and BlackBerry Mobile's handling of it, is a volatile subject. We understand that there is a wide range of reactions to it. However, that does not give an excuse for all the personal comments being made. Discuss the topic -- NOT the poster.[/WARN]
    BigBadWulf and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    05-31-17 08:35 PM
    Steve is a liar.
    +1 on this. He is just trying to spin this to make people believe that the demand is so great, how could TCL be expected to meet such an unprecedented demand. BS, BS, BS. The K1 will sell less than the Priv. Sad.
    phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 08:45 PM
    Corrected? How? Delay again?

The fact is, they made as many as they could. It's too bad they couldn't meet demand, but it's as simple as that.
    The launch was was poorly done. It's as simple as that. No medals for trying!
    05-31-17 08:59 PM
    The launch was was poorly done. It's as simple as that. No medals for trying!
    Demand > Supply.

That's it. TCL isn't sitting on inventory to upset you, nor did they slow down production to cause you distress. Lack of supply hurts them far more than it hurts you. I'm sure they are doing everything they can. Why wouldn't they?
    05-31-17 09:05 PM
    Demand > Supply.

That's it. TCL isn't sitting on inventory to upset you, nor did they slow down production to cause you distress. Lack of supply hurts them far more than it hurts you. I'm sure they are doing everything they can. Why wouldn't they?
    I am sure they are doing what they can. I am not losing sleep. I sell products to retail so I know when a launch does not go well. This is 101 being poorly handled. That's all. I hope they get them in stock for everyone on this site that "needs" one.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-31-17 09:21 PM
    I like to think they made more, but the screens fell off.
    They missed a few screws to accelerate production! Genius!
    cribble2k likes this.
    05-31-17 09:23 PM
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... oh my I'm sorry but this **** too funny.

Posted via CB10
    GoLeafsGo44, notbadday and FF22 like this.
    05-31-17 09:28 PM
    Demand > Supply.

No, no, no! That's not it at all.

They conspired behind closed doors, set up lies to create their own modern-day Orson Welles adoption of War of the Worlds. TCL wanted to see if they could create the same hysteria in 2017 as in 1938, but with a phone launch.

For some, it worked For others, the earth will still spin tomorrow. I think. LOL
    05-31-17 09:29 PM
    Demand is high, he says. When you have only a hundred in stock and they get sold out doesn't mean the demand is high LOL!

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    05-31-17 10:07 PM
    "Today has been an extraordinary day for the launch of the @bbmobile #KEYone here in North America"

What does he think we are a bunch of gullible toddlers? Then you have Blackberry Mobile help answering questions on amazon directing people to select the vapor(hard)ware CDMA version for everyone on Verizon when they no dam well it doesn't even exist.

Honesty is a little too much to ask for from a Chinese company I guess.
    05-31-17 10:30 PM
    Demand > Supply.

Demand (5,000 units) > Supply (500 units)
    05-31-17 10:31 PM
    I think most of people buying Keyone are CBKers. Could we make a poll on some choices like 1. Good with no issues, 2. Screen faulty, 3. KB faulty. From that, we can estimate how many have been sold as well as have some ideas on build quality. What do you think, guys?
    05-31-17 10:33 PM
    Lets make 1000 phones.

Statement from Steve Cistulli-evilcq63t.jpg
    05-31-17 10:43 PM
    I think most of people buying Keyone are CBKers. Could we make a poll on some choices like 1. Good with no issues, 2. Screen faulty, 3. KB faulty. From that, we can estimate how many have been sold as well as have some ideas on build quality. What do you think, guys?
    Add a '4. drops signal', for me, please.
    06-01-17 07:34 AM
    Let's face it. Apple did this all the time. Nothing new. Great to see people clamoring after a BlackBerry. It really is worth the wait.
    06-01-17 07:37 AM
164 1234 ...