Not much actual information here...
    Attached Thumbnails Statement from Steve Cistulli-49603.jpg  
    xxjavaxx2001 likes this.
    05-31-17 01:36 PM
    The lack of stock is ridiculous, they pushed back the release to prepare for this and still weren't prepared. I had to cancel my Amazon order because it wasn't going to be filled and then after talking to a local Best Buy to confirm stock I drove an hour to a Best Buy only for them to tell me they had just run out of stock.
    Last edited by Bennett Ragan; 05-31-17 at 01:56 PM.
    The_Q and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 01:40 PM
    The lack of stock is ridiculous, they pushed back the release to prepare for this and still weren't prepared. I had to cancel my Amazon order because it wasn't going to be filled and then I drove an hour to a Best Buy only for them to tell me they were out of stock.
    why did you drive an hour without securing it first?
    05-31-17 01:42 PM
    I thought this delay in US was to ensure stocks are filled for everybody. So now it is another excuse. How pathetic
    gigatigga and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 01:44 PM
    Talked to someone in the store on the phone and she said they had a few left but they werent showing on the computer so I couldn't secure them online.
    howarmat likes this.
    05-31-17 01:44 PM
    Talked to someone in the store on the phone and she said they had a few left but they werent showing on the computer so I couldn't secure them online.
    that sucks, shame on them for not holding one!
    Bennett Ragan and Matty like this.
    05-31-17 01:45 PM
    -______- how many KEYone's did they have in stock in the first place?! lol. I live in Pasadena (Los Angeles area) and the device is not available through Best Buy (within 250 miles) and on Amazon it is temporarily out of stock. So much for delaying the release to avoid this very problem.
    05-31-17 01:46 PM
    that sucks, shame on them for not holding one!
    Unfortunately Best Buy is a joke and they always have been, so I'm not surprised.
    raqball, 5EELTD and phuoc like this.
    05-31-17 01:46 PM
    Edit: I just read the reply, typical Best Buy being Best Buy. I've never ever walked into a Best Buy without encountering a problem. And come to think of it, even if I "knew" they had one with my name on it isn't really a guarantee of anything if my past experience with them is true for everyone else as well, so I totally take back my previous statement, lol.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-31-17 01:54 PM
    The lack of stock is ridiculous, they pushed back the release to prepare for this and still weren't prepared.
    That's hard to conclude when one doesn't know what the stock level actually was.
    PALoeza and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-31-17 01:55 PM
    Don't understand the veil of secrecy from all the "in the know" players - dare we say BlackBerry? BlackBerryMobile? CrackBerry itself?

Surely they produced more than just a few hundred for release in US/Can??? If that is the case, were they, BlackBerryMobile, even planning on a success with this model or are we (the passionate supporters) guinea pigs for their new strategy (or lack thereof)???

I was fortunate to see the thread (thanks to you all) last evening and immediately went to Amazon to get one - it says arriving tomorrow, but I certainly feel for others who have been patiently waiting (and wanting) this device.
    05-31-17 01:56 PM
    When announcing a delay, one always gives a "we want to make sure it's right" excuse. It's a good way of defusing criticism but has nothing to do with reality.
    05-31-17 02:01 PM
    When announcing a delay, one always gives a "we want to make sure it's right" excuse. It's a good way of defusing criticism but has nothing to do with reality.
    They certainly made sure they launched it "right" haha
    05-31-17 02:04 PM
    Steve is a liar.
    05-31-17 02:05 PM

Surely they produced more than just a few hundred for release in US/Can???
    I would imagine that they commit a minimum number to each distribution channel, and then shunt additional stock to the most successful channels. A time lag is probably involved in that process.
    GrandMobile and app_Developer like this.
    05-31-17 02:13 PM
    I don't want to come off as someone who feels entitled.. But every new blackberry in the last decade that I've wanted I've always been able to get.. Including the 9000 bold, 9300 curves, 9700/9780/9790 bolds, q10, q5, passport, classic, priv.. Always got it on the carrier I've been with (usually wind {now freedom mobile}, Rogers, Telus, Virgin, and koodo).. Telus doesn't have it, bell sucks so I refuse to go that route, and I dislike Rogers coverage in my area as I get zero coverage. I'm with koodo and ideally I'd like to just buy it unlocked like I did with the q10, passport. I've always got it day one with all those phones. The fact that I can't go buy it unlocked shows steve doesn't know what he's doing. It shows. All I want is an unlocked keyone. Money on hand and no go. I'm losing faith. Run alcatel how you want, but blackberry is a premium brand.. Don't tarnish it with your nonsense. You tweeted amazon.ca on the 31st... Yet I'm sol. I'm disappointed.
    05-31-17 02:14 PM
    They knew they had a supply issue and have done nothing to correct it, what has this so called launch team been doing the last two months????

By the way I finally received a notification from Blackberry mobile an hour ago that the Keyone is available after trying to get one since 4:30 this morning with no luck. What a terrible launch, very disappointed.
    05-31-17 02:19 PM
    It can trully be a qc issue, maby a huge stock was recalled. We will never know
    Bee Gee and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-31-17 02:21 PM
    They knew they had a supply issue and have done nothing to correct it, what has this so called launch team been doing the last two months????

By the way I finally received a notification from Blackberry mobile an hour ago that the Keyone is available after trying to get one since 4:30 this morning with no luck. What a terrible launch, very disappointed.
    Corrected? How? Delay again?

The fact is, they made as many as they could. It's too bad they couldn't meet demand, but it's as simple as that.
    DolemiteDONS and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-31-17 02:21 PM
    Don't understand the veil of secrecy from all the "in the know" players - dare we say BlackBerry? BlackBerryMobile? CrackBerry itself?
    Crackberry is being paid for ( sponsored) by BlackBerryMobile. An expectation of completely journalistic independence is deeply misguided.

Blackberry just does the contract work as the OS/Software builder.

I was fortunate to see the thread (thanks to you all) last evening and immediately went to Amazon to get one - it says arriving tomorrow, but I certainly feel for others who have been patiently waiting (and wanting) this device.
    So you got the inside scope from the forums being paid for by BlackBerryMobile. Where is the veil of secrecy?

Crackberry's store posted around 6 pm yesterday and the Amazon links went live when?

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...tarting-may-31
    05-31-17 02:45 PM
    Corrected? How? Delay again?

The fact is, they made as many as they could. It's too bad they couldn't meet demand, but it's as simple as that.
    I like to think they made more, but the screens fell off.
    05-31-17 02:46 PM
    I like to think they made more, but the screens fell off.
    That's a feature.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-31-17 02:48 PM
    Steve is a liar.
    That is a bit harsh.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-31-17 02:49 PM
    That's a feature.
    05-31-17 02:50 PM
    I wonder how many they've sold, 10K pieces?

I mean, I would assume they would want to at least move 500K for this to be a slight success, they must have more stock at this stage.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-31-17 02:51 PM
164 123 ...