Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    06-10-17 01:56 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there's a way (without damaging the device) for owners of the k1 to check if or if not their screen were properly manufactured.
    06-10-17 02:00 PM
    Took them long enough to say something. This is what happens when you go into business with a budget company that makes most of its phones to sell for $40 with the TracFones at the supermarket.
    06-10-17 02:11 PM
    Note "Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped".

Not tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions. Single thousands.
    06-10-17 02:12 PM
    Yup. Thousands. It's a flop
    06-10-17 02:20 PM
    Took them long enough to say something. This is what happens when you go into business with a budget company that makes most of its phones to sell for $40 with the TracFones at the supermarket.
    What's Samsung excuse for there quality issues. No tech is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-10-17 02:21 PM
    Some of you guys are ridiculous. They didn't have to say anything. I'm happy they did. They also made it clear that this issue is covered by warranty. I'll continue to enjoy my KEYone.
    06-10-17 02:22 PM
    Lol. Man you're an instigator @consv93. The statement is about the "reported display separation issue" and you're turning it into device sales issue. Thousands means not hundreds and not millions. Big range without making an actual statement on device sales. Don't hijack my thread topic.

Note "Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped".

06-10-17 02:26 PM
    Lol. Man you're an instigator @consv93. The statement is about the "reported display separation issue" and you're turning it into device sales issue. Thousands means not hundreds and not millions. Big range without making an actual statement on device sales. Don't hijack my thread topic.
    Way to go Kevin, you tell him! ;-)
    06-10-17 02:38 PM
    At least they said something. The BB of old would have never said anything. At least you know they recognize this and will replace it if it happens.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-10-17 02:41 PM
    06-10-17 02:43 PM
    I personally haven't been worried about this happening, as it seems like the effort required to actually get display separation is beyond what you'd ever see in normal use, but it is nice to know that should it happen, they're willing to stand behind the product, and support customers who experience it.

[p.s this is my 800th post on CrackBerry, go me!]
    06-10-17 02:48 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile came out and said something to the public. I wish BlackBerry could do the same for the priv and dtek ups updates.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 02:53 PM
    It was actually an extremely quick and properly measured answer. Kudos to BB Mobile for providing that kind of info and take responsibility for an issue that frankly is very difficult to repeat in a real world testing..
    anon(10255518) and jmr1015 like this.
    06-10-17 03:01 PM
    Well, they came out with a statement nice and fast.
    Great to see TCL show interest in consumer concerns.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    06-10-17 03:05 PM
    Some of you guys are ridiculous. They didn't have to say anything. I'm happy they did. They also made it clear that this issue is covered by warranty. I'll continue to enjoy my KEYone.
    Yeah they did have to say something. They can't afford negative press on an already niche device. This has been covered by major tech blogs and ignoring it would have only hurt sales in a device that they need to sell to as many keyboard users as possible.
    06-10-17 03:11 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great response by the manufacturer..give me great confidence that this is a premium device and we'll supported....

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 03:29 PM
    without question this is the best device i have purchased over the years. blackberry. iPhone. moto. etc. I'm committed to no brand.

This is a quality device.

no doubt some issues will come up. that is why most products have warranties.

some of the replies on these forms is beyond hillarous.
    06-10-17 03:29 PM
    thanks Kevin and TCL I am so satisfied with my KEYone really it's one of best BlackBerry devices ever
    06-10-17 03:35 PM
    Thanks.

They didn't have to address it at all, but I am happy to read what I already know/knew would be the case.

"JerryRigEverything" is a mostly comedy channel and an enjoyable one. However, this (to me) demonstrates the need for humanity to step away from unhealthy social spheres that do nothing but sensationalize such unsensational things and cause undo stress on one's mind if allowed.

The video causes me no stress at all. When I handle my KEYone, it feels very good and works very good too.
    Last edited by AwkwardUnkleHug; 06-10-17 at 03:53 PM.
    06-10-17 03:39 PM

I'm just glad they officially came out and guarantee a warranty replacement in case it does happen. I won't be cancelling my order now. I'm buying it. Just one though

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 03:48 PM
    I'm still definitely planning for a second KEYone because I really enjoy this device.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-10-17 03:51 PM
    Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    That's a good way to react. Thank you for letting us know.

Do you know maybe when we can expect results of "actively examining additional adhesive measures" a.k.a. "using glue"? I would like to contact my seller and let them know that I only want a unit built after that date.
    06-10-17 04:08 PM
    Good.
    06-10-17 04:16 PM
    I'm not sure if you've been reading the forums, but I'm tired of people claiming we still don't have the CDMA because they've already sold so many to enterprise, or that they've sold a million so the screen issue only affects a low percentage of users.

I'm still salty about the CDMA so I'm not impressed with anything BB or TCL does.
    mister2d likes this.
    06-10-17 04:16 PM
99 123 ...