They pulled all devices on the market also that have been bought by users, and exchange with similar performance devices. Apple gave bumper case for free for any iphone 4 buyers. So no tech perfect.

What blackberry do? Well at least they say something.
    What? What excuses does samsung has. That's what I was responding too, EXCUSES. What the heck are u talking about? Just make your off topic remark without quoting me.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 04:33 PM
    I've had my Keyone for a week now and no issues. Dropped it already twice and still going. I'm glad I made the switch from the Galaxy phone.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-11-17 05:09 PM
    I've had my Keyone for a week now and no issues. Dropped it already twice and still going. I'm glad I made the switch from the Galaxy phone.
    If 2 drops a week is typical for you, you'd better grab a case - and fast! Lol.
    06-11-17 05:17 PM
    I know, lol. I really should, but I just like the way it looks without a case.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-11-17 05:19 PM
    Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    Great post, would like to follow up a little. My friend has a Keyone, tossed the phone onto the desk and the screen popped out. Since it was still working, we took it to my tech guys at my company. They swap out screens all the time. A quick look and special adhesive with the proper clamps. Side Bar: the glue is a two part that works when under pressure.

10 minutes latter the phone is fine, looks to my guys to need more adhesive. Really no big deal if you have the proper tools. Do not use crazy glue or alike as it will re-fail.
    bakron1 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-11-17 07:19 PM
    Great post, would like to follow up a little. My friend has a Keyone, tossed the phone onto the desk and the screen popped out. Since it was still working, we took it to my tech guys at my company. They swap out screens all the time. A quick look and special adhesive with the proper clamps. Side Bar: the glue is a two part that works when under pressure.

10 minutes latter the phone is fine, looks to my guys to need more adhesive. Really no big deal if you have the proper tools. Do not use crazy glue or alike as it will re-fail.
    I would NOT recommend any home remedy/self repair of this issue. BlackBerry officially acknowledged the issue and cover it under warranty... don't void your warranty applying adhesive yourself.
    Superfly_FR and kbz1960 like this.
    06-11-17 10:05 PM
    Weird how this thread gets a lot less attention than the thread about the silly video. For me this one is more important.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-12-17 12:34 AM
    I would NOT recommend any home remedy/self repair of this issue. BlackBerry officially acknowledged the issue and cover it under warranty... don't void your warranty applying adhesive yourself.
    I would like to point out a few things, one we are factory authorized to make repairs. We have hundreds of phones with employees in service and do not send them back. Our Tech guys are sent to school by the manufacturers for these repairs. Also I stated they used proper clamps and adhesives.
    06-12-17 06:42 AM
    It was nice to see TCL respond to the possible screen issue this week not many manufacturers will do this. I hope they keep up with any issues that come down the line.
    06-12-17 07:10 AM
    Thought Kevin was going to post the video last week of him testing Keyones ... wonder what happened to that???
    06-12-17 07:21 AM
    Thought Kevin was going to post the video last week of him testing Keyones ... wonder what happened to that???
    Would be done sometimes today cause of his film maker was too busy over the weekend for editing
    06-12-17 07:23 AM
    As was stated, it was being put together over the weekend and will be posted today. Meantime, look at the highlights on the front page.
    thoms333 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:24 AM
    I would like to point out a few things, one we are factory authorized to make repairs. We have hundreds of phones with employees in service and do not send them back. Our Tech guys are sent to school by the manufacturers for these repairs. Also I stated they used proper clamps and adhesives.
    In your opinion is this a flaw with the manufacturing of the phone? Meaning, is there just not enough adhesive being used?

Also, what happened to the "Woof!"
    06-12-17 07:25 AM
    As someone who's lived on the other side of the fence in the unregulated wild west, I wonder how many of these bulletin board/ twitter stories come from internet cafe's in those parts of the world, at c50 a post/ tweet?

Just cynical old me....
    06-12-17 07:27 AM
    In your opinion is this a flaw with the manufacturing of the phone? Meaning, is there just not enough adhesive being used?

Also, what happened to the "Woof!"
    Funny you should ask. This was part of the discussion while waiting for the phone to set up. What we all think is this is more a case by case than wide spread. Could be the machine set up for this is not applying it evenly across all of the production. We think if it was really wide spread they would be popping all over the place. Bottom line: if it lifts or pops bring it back for a new phone.

And a Woof to you!
    06-12-17 07:39 AM
    The question is
    "how many time one can exchange a device if the screen detached?"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:45 AM
    there is a difference between factory authorized repair house and the table on the corner of street (few in China I saw years ago). to put adhesive under the LCD panel, you need to consider the stack up height, the thermal conductivity (heat flow), assume the LCD tray also used as heat distribution of processor, uniformity of the adhesive impact on the light output, etc.etc. The adhesion might not be so important since the area is very big... if there is back reflective used for the tray - like mirror, you might have difficulty to put adhesive without effect reflection. In addition, add material, consider as major design change (if it is already there, you missing, or lower /higher amount is consider as minor). Some of the test, like drop test might have to be re-qualify... that will take time to go through carrier qual process. IMHO. wait until TCL's official mention. Looking for what existing field data so far, I personally believe it is just a mountain out of molehill... anyone got screen pop out, either due to drop in the wrong place, or put into a wrong case (like iphone case), go get replacement and make sure you don't do it again (treat it like your baby).
    06-12-17 07:48 AM
    there is a difference between factory authorized repair house and the table on the corner of street (few in China I saw years ago). to put adhesive under the LCD panel, you need to consider the stack up height, the thermal conductivity (heat flow), assume the LCD tray also used as heat distribution of processor, uniformity of the adhesive impact on the light output, etc.etc. The adhesion might not be so important since the area is very big... if there is back reflective used for the tray - like mirror, you might have difficulty to put adhesive without effect reflection. In addition, add material, consider as major design change (if it is already there, you missing, or lower /higher amount is consider as minor). Some of the test, like drop test might have to be re-qualify... that will take time to go through carrier qual process. IMHO. wait until TCL's official mention. Looking for what existing field data so far, I personally believe it is just a mountain out of molehill... anyone got screen pop out, either due to drop in the wrong place, or put into a wrong case (like iphone case), go get replacement and make sure you don't do it again (treat it like your baby).

I don't understand your point, that's what I said in one paragraph versus your.......what again?
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 07:51 AM
    Now the same issue happened to me - the screen popped out - but IT WAS IN THE CASE! (original Blackberry Keyone FlipCase). What can I do now? I bought it at Dixons in the UK.

ANd here's the photo:
    Statement from BlackBerry Mobile in regards to reported  KEYone display separation-20170708_170859.jpg
    Last edited by huckstero; 07-09-17 at 01:07 AM.
    07-08-17 04:25 PM
    Now the same issue happened to me - the screen popped out - but IT WAS IN THE CASE! (original Blackberry Keyone FlipCase). What can I do now? I bought it at Dixons in the UK.
    Oh man loll

Contact bbmobile

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 04:47 PM
    It's interesting that the statement appeared a day after I posted this:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera.../#post12953882

I'm really happy that a spokesperson from the company has come out and admitted a problem. It's also nice to know that the manufacturer is monitoring the KEYone thread and hoepfully taking on board the various teething problems that will usually occur in the launch of a new product.

"Problems" are a good thing as many business gurus say, as they offer an opportunity to continue improving. The important thing is to admit the problems when they occur and then take specific actions to resolve them.

In the next step, if TCL has evidence suggesting a large % of devices are affected then they should consider a recall, an apology and a brand new second run phone for all those first batch consumers.
    It would be positive publicity and restore faith in this model and the company.

Whether this goes ahead or not I'd like to see a statement saying "All phones now on the market are a second batch with the first batch problems resolved."

I'll be first in line to buy one as I've put off upgrading while I wait for TCL to address this. By the way, I did the same thing with the batterygate S NOTE 7 and I'm still in the market for the Note 8 if I don't end up with the KEYone.

Dear TCL, use the CB forum to gain prescripters, but to be succcessful, you'll have to convince the consumers who are not BB die-hards but just want a great, reliable phone with a PKB, and personally I'd price it at 499 euros not 599 when you finally launch it in Spain (When?).

The Screen lift Mega Thread shows the incredible dedication of the person that has developped it. It's thanks to Blackberry enthusiastics like him on this forum that Blackberry still exists at all.

Don't let us down!
    mister2d likes this.
    07-09-17 02:54 AM
    The only thing that IMHO would be a problem is TCL/BBMobile requiring the phone back before sending a replacement. Does anyone know what the warranty does in this regards?

In the past for me I've had to give seller my charge card info again, then they send a replacement and the damaged unit goes back in a same package with a prepaid postage, that way you aren't without a phone! And if you don't send back the damaged unit it goes on your charge card. So does anyone have any experience with returns under warranty on K1?
    My screen fell out, they DIDN'T replace the handset as has been widely reported...they just fixed it and sent it back to me, same IMEI number and 'screen repair'.

So beware... they are not automatically replacing them as promised.....
    09-26-17 06:06 AM
    I'm just glad they officially came out and guarantee a warranty replacement in case it does happen. I won't be cancelling my order now. I'm buying it. Just one though

Posted via CB10
    They only repaired mine , I didnt get offered the promised replacement....
    09-26-17 06:09 AM
    These guys are total clowns ive been waiting over 10 days just to get some sort of sign of life from them and havent heard anything from them. Ive called them, opened separate cases emailed 3 different people and nothing what is someone to do about non existent customer service?
    09-26-17 08:23 AM
99 ... 234