I dropped my KEYone today on a hard school yard when playing with my kids. Two corners got some hurt. Fortunately the screen is ok. Knocking on wood.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-10-17 09:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure those doubting BlackBerry or just hating them for no reason now will find something else to cry about.
    Last edited by TheBond; 06-10-17 at 11:25 PM.
    06-10-17 09:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure those doubting BlackBerry or just hating them for no reason now will find something else to find.
    Exactly!
    06-10-17 10:50 PM
    I personally haven't been worried about this happening, as it seems like the effort required to actually get display separation is beyond what you'd ever see in normal use, but it is nice to know that should it happen, they're willing to stand behind the product, and support customers who experience it.

[p.s this is my 800th post on CrackBerry, go me!]
    Congrats on your post!!!
    xDAKx likes this.
    06-10-17 11:19 PM
    Thank you.
    I was seriously considering sending mine back after that video.
    Not now!!
    06-11-17 01:58 AM
    In France, former royal land, we continue to state "don't be more royalist than the king is". 10 minutes after I tweeted Jerry about CBK's article yesterday, here's what we got :

Statement from BlackBerry Mobile in regards to reported  KEYone display separation-screenshot_20170611-014955.jpg

Can we move on or some of you still plan to intentionally over-bend-twist the device just for the sake of it ?
    P.S: STILL, I sympathize with those who had - genuine and acknowledged - pop problem but hopefully, your problem seems now only how fast you will get a replacement or a fix, charge free.
    06-11-17 03:38 AM
    06-11-17 04:58 AM
    What's Samsung excuse for there quality issues. No tech is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    They pulled all devices on the market also that have been bought by users, and exchange with similar performance devices. Apple gave bumper case for free for any iphone 4 buyers. So no tech perfect.

What blackberry do? Well at least they say something.
    06-11-17 08:12 AM
    They pulled all devices on the market also that have been bought by users, and exchange with similar performance devices. Apple gave bumper case for free for any iphone 4 buyers. So no tech perfect.

They assured warranty for anyone with this problem - that IS something.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    06-11-17 08:32 AM
    The only thing that IMHO would be a problem is TCL/BBMobile requiring the phone back before sending a replacement. Does anyone know what the warranty does in this regards?

In the past for me I've had to give seller my charge card info again, then they send a replacement and the damaged unit goes back in a same package with a prepaid postage, that way you aren't without a phone! And if you don't send back the damaged unit it goes on your charge card. So does anyone have any experience with returns under warranty on K1?
    06-11-17 08:48 AM
    The only thing that IMHO would be a problem is TCL/BBMobile requiring the phone back before sending a replacement. Does anyone know what the warranty does in this regards?

In the past for me I've had to give seller my charge card info again, then they send a replacement and the damaged unit goes back in a same package with a prepaid postage, that way you aren't without a phone! And if you don't send back the damaged unit it goes on your charge card. So does anyone have any experience with returns under warranty on K1?
    They only experience here so far is that people opted for a refund
    06-11-17 09:04 AM

Samsung did so only once an enormous number of phones were exploding and they were facing serious backlash from providers, and regulatory agencies. Their's was a classic example of how NOT to handle a problem.
    06-11-17 09:13 AM
    Samsung did so only once an enormous number of phones were exploding and they were facing serious backlash from providers, and regulatory agencies. Their's was a classic example of how NOT to handle a problem.
    Not here to attack competitors but fully agree Samsung handled their incident wrongly as they denied over and over that note7 was safe until the evidence was overwhelming.
    BlackBerry Mobile responded right away even though the issue was very very limited to actual incidents / users. This is how you handle incidents like this. At the same time CB and CBK did not hide and or ignore as we saw the posting of JerryRig video link right away. Well done to all. Can't wait to receive my KEYone!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-11-17 09:41 AM
    Lol. Man you're an instigator @consv93. The statement is about the "reported display separation issue" and you're turning it into device sales issue. Thousands means not hundreds and not millions. Big range without making an actual statement on device sales. Don't hijack my thread topic.
    Some people can't help themselves. Everything has a negative twist that can be put on it by some...
    06-11-17 11:10 AM
    without question this is the best device i have purchased over the years. blackberry. iPhone. moto. etc. I'm committed to no brand.

This is a quality device.

no doubt some issues will come up. that is why most products have warranties.

some of the replies on these forms is beyond hillarous.
    No matter what you say about how many different types of devices you've owned, the fact that you're not insulting them will get you accused of being a BB fanboy or defender or something, lol.
    06-11-17 11:14 AM
    I dropped my KEYone today on a hard school yard when playing with my kids. Two corners got some hurt. Fortunately the screen is ok. Knocking on wood.

Posted via CB10
    What is the production date of your K1?
    06-11-17 11:16 AM
    I've had the device for a week now and am totally impressed. The young cashier at Loblaws today was very interested in the KeyOne when she scanned it to give me PC Rewards points. I'm so happy that I don't have to plan my business day around phone charging!!!
    Yes, I fell asleep last night without putting my KEYone on charge. Not at all worried, lol. So far still going strong!
    06-11-17 11:16 AM
    Trying too hard bra lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    06-11-17 11:22 AM

Um, you're talking about a device that caught fire, thus is a safety issue. They didn't pull devices to be nice to their customers, they pulled the devices so they don't get sued after people are injured or killed by it...

TCL is offering to fix any device that encounters a problem due to this. The most you will endure is some inconvenience, not an injury or major property damage... Why would you even begin to think the response needs to be at the same level? It's like expecting Ford to do a full recall for a car with a known possible issue with the car horn not working because another car company recalled a car that would spontaneously catch on fire...
    anon(10255518) likes this.
    06-11-17 11:27 AM
    Exactly. I don't get why he was saying that as if Samsung did it out of the kindness of their heart...
    06-11-17 11:28 AM
    What is the production date of your K1?
    Where to check the production date? I pre-ordered it from Rogers and got it on May 31.
    06-11-17 11:29 AM
    Yup. Thousands. It's a flop
    and yet you are here announcing this

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-11-17 12:01 PM
    Where to check the production date? I pre-ordered it from Rogers and got it on May 31.
    I assume it's somewhere on the box.....
    06-11-17 12:14 PM
    jaja why worry about the screen, with the battery life and sexy look on this device it will spend more time on your hands getting things done than in your rear pocket hiding.
    06-11-17 01:19 PM
    I would expect an extended warranty would be in order. Maybe just on the screens would work. They need to do something.
    I'm holding off till they get some new stock in about a month.
    06-11-17 01:46 PM
99 1234