Lol. Man you're an instigator @consv93. The statement is about the "reported display separation issue" and you're turning it into device sales issue. Thousands means not hundreds and not millions. Big range without making an actual statement on device sales. Don't hijack my thread topic.
    Actually, a sharp eyes catching... it tells TCL to be careful about their released statement. Every word counts... that is how hedge fund spot their "wind"... it could potentially sink the stock, even un-intentionally. i am not TCL share holder, but if it impact BB stock, I am not a happy camper...
    06-10-17 04:24 PM
    I've had the device for a week now and am totally impressed. The young cashier at Loblaws today was very interested in the KeyOne when she scanned it to give me PC Rewards points. I'm so happy that I don't have to plan my business day around phone charging!!!
    06-10-17 04:32 PM
    Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    Any change you could maybe find out when they plan to add more adhesive to the screen? Some info like, the batch of phones made after 6.10.2017 have added adhesive (ofc that date is just an example), or maybe some info related to the serial on the box.
    06-10-17 04:37 PM
    No real concerns that TLC would step up to the plate

I didn't expect anything less
    06-10-17 04:49 PM
    I sure wish TCL could do something about the battery too. As much as I try to kill it in one day, I can't. Lol.
    06-10-17 04:51 PM
    they just need a proper customer care line now!
    06-10-17 05:10 PM
    I'm just glad they officially came out and guarantee a warranty replacement in case it does happen. I won't be cancelling my order now. I'm buying it. Just one though

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully any warranty replacements are replaced with one that has "additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring". If not, then you'll be stuck with another faulty phone.
    06-10-17 05:12 PM
    The battery life is so good!

I've had the device for a week now and am totally impressed. The young cashier at Loblaws today was very interested in the KeyOne when she scanned it to give me PC Rewards points. I'm so happy that I don't have to plan my business day around phone charging!!!
    06-10-17 05:13 PM
    What all this is telling me is how a lot of BlackBerry users seem like logical people; most of whom understand this whole "thing" isn't really even a "thing" at all, unless a person purposefully allows stuff like this have an effect on them.
    06-10-17 05:17 PM
    Hopefully any warranty replacements are replaced with one that has "additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring". If not, then you'll be stuck with another faulty phone.
    I think they're going to ship replacements having a loose screen out of the box with a complimentary bottle of "Krazy Glue" for the repair. I hope it's obvious that I'm joking.
    valer466 likes this.
    06-10-17 05:21 PM
    I'm giving away free roses for the living accompanied by an awkward hug.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-10-17 05:24 PM
    My plan:
    Enjoy the device for 11 months, then get a brand new replacement from a batch that has updated manufacturing process
    06-10-17 05:39 PM
    Thanks Kevin! You're being a great ambassador for the Keyone, but also for the fans, here at CB!
    06-10-17 05:40 PM
    They did the community a "solid" by making a perfectly worded statement addressing something that should have never even become a "thing" at all. But, this type of "thing" is exactly what makes our North American society so good, people can say and do what they want within reason.

I could build a bowling alley, set up the bowling pins, try to bowl with a ping pong ball, and everybody can try and correct me in my endeavor either by making fun of me or directly offering assistance.
    06-10-17 06:07 PM
    All phones sold in the first 12 month of launch to receive a 2 year warranty and that will fix the problem!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    06-10-17 06:12 PM
    The battery life is so good!
    Happy to see that what I saw at the Winnipeg Meetup is what I see with my own KEYone in real life. Seriously amazing battery life. It's not quite BB 7290 week-long battery life, but it's way better than the last few devices I've owned.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    06-10-17 06:23 PM
    Stop making a big deal of this. The device is durable and awesome!
    06-10-17 06:25 PM
    Yup. Thousands. It's a flop
    Astroturfer
    06-10-17 06:37 PM
    CBK, you came in just in time!

yeah it's good to hear the prompt statement from BBMobile, that is crucial for them to really be aware of this issue. as the phone has not arrived in APAC region as yet, better you do something good about it TCL before the phone is in my hand! 😁😁
    06-10-17 07:02 PM
    ..ok JerryRig show is over...lets continue with the success of an awesome unique device..KEYᴼᴺᴱ... CB and CBK clearing the road!
    06-10-17 07:08 PM
    Great statement
    06-10-17 07:11 PM
    So a small amount of a small amount of phones is defective?

Would this be considered a professional and successful product launch?
    06-10-17 07:15 PM
    I know, right?!!? So much battery.

I sure wish TCL could do something about the battery too. As much as I try to kill it in one day, I can't. Lol.
    jafobabe and anon(10255518) like this.
    06-10-17 07:23 PM
    One of my favorite things so far is not being able to put the device down so wearing the battery out a few times is easy.

I was originally not going to use it right off the bat. But I could not help myself because it's very admirable.

It's what I'm thinking is a "winback" device especially for BlackBerry fans who might have left for android but miss BlackBerry things.

I recommend KEYone for mindfulness. Strange video tests aside.
    angelitop likes this.
    06-10-17 08:59 PM
    Note "Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped".

Not tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions. Single thousands.
    Trying too hard bra lol

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 09:36 PM
99 1234