06-28-16 07:33 PM
    06-28-16 07:52 PM
    Probably not.
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:56 PM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    What else do you know about it other than a rumoured name?

That's why.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    skinnymike1 and PALoeza like this.
    06-28-16 08:11 PM
    What else do you know about it other than a rumoured name?

That's why.

At one point there was a Vienna forum. That was a rumoured name.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:23 PM
    At one point there was a Vienna forum. That was a rumoured name.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, like two weeks after the PRIV launched.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    06-28-16 08:33 PM
    There's more evidence pointing towards Rome/Hamburg (benchmarks + that Alcatel stuff); in fact, there's more supporting the name "DTEK 50" than the element names.

But everything is conjecture until BB says so, so it doesn't really matter in the end.
    06-28-16 08:36 PM
    There's more evidence pointing towards Rome/Hamburg (benchmarks + that Alcatel stuff); in fact, there's more supporting the name "DTEK 50" than the element names.

But everything is conjecture until BB says so, so it doesn't really matter in the end.
    I like the way you think lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:10 PM

When I saw that name, BlackBerry was probably saying "y'all think Priv was a stupid name? That isn't even my final form."
    06-29-16 06:20 AM
    When I saw that name, BlackBerry was probably saying "y'all think Priv was a stupid name? That isn't even my final form."
    Don't know how BlackBerry come up with names. I mean, we all hated the name "Leap" when it came out but it grows on you and we all move on.

I understand the name "PRIV" which is why it wasn't so bad. Quite excited to see what they come up with next

We even thought the name would be "Avenger" lol

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    Biowulf likes this.
    06-29-16 08:50 AM
    Priv Mk.2

06-29-16 08:57 AM
    Are we to that point yet?

Posted via CB10

Nope. As Thurask point out, there's nothing but a lot of conjecture there. There will be no new changes until something substantial that legitimizes the names and specs come out. Everyone is getting amped off some renders, codenames, and hype but at the end of the day, the latest rumors are all over the board and well, not very solid at all compared to how they once were in the BlackBerry World.

For every rumor, there are three others that tell a different side of the story. People just aren't hearing about those because no one is posting them, I'm guessing because they would conflict with what a lot of what was said previously. Hard to say one thing in one post, then post another saying something else, unless you really don't care about what rumors one is tossing out.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    06-29-16 01:01 PM
    Nope. As Thurask point out, there's nothing but a lot of conjecture there. There will be no new changes until something substantial that legitimizes the names and specs come out. Everyone is getting amped off some renders, codenames, and hype but at the end of the day, the latest rumors are all over the board and well, not very solid at all compared to how they once were in the BlackBerry World.

For every rumor, there are three others that tell a different side of the story. People just aren't hearing about those because no one is posting them, I'm guessing because they would conflict with what a lot of what was said previously. Hard to say one thing in one post, then post another saying something else, unless you really don't care about what rumors one is tossing out.
    Why are the rumors not as solid as they used to be?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 01:30 PM
    Why are the rumors not as solid as they used to be?

Posted via CB10
    To be brutally honest, because everyone who worked there no longer works there. New people, closed off relationships, renewed dedication to the 'no leaks' atmosphere Chen has created, no angry employees getting booted so no 'screw it, I'm out anyway' attitude.

Nowadays, most BlackBerry stuff isn't going to leak until it hits carrier / retailer levels and even then it's hard because really, a lot of carrier employees couldn't possibly care less about the latest BlackBerry being pushed out. It's not even on their radar to even bother with leaking it unless they're BlackBerry fans themselves.
    06-29-16 02:02 PM
    To be brutally honest, because everyone who worked there no longer works there. New people, closed off relationships, renewed dedication to the 'no leaks' atmosphere Chen has created, no angry employees getting booted so no 'screw it, I'm out anyway' attitude.

Nowadays, most BlackBerry stuff isn't going to leak until it hits carrier / retailer levels and even then it's hard because really, a lot of carrier employees couldn't possibly care less about the latest BlackBerry being pushed out. It's not even on their radar to even bother with leaking it unless they're BlackBerry fans themselves.
    That sucks lol. Makes me question, if I should wait for the Rome device. Some people say "it may not see the light of day".

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 02:32 PM
    That sucks lol. Makes me question, if I should wait for the Rome device. Some people say "it may not see the light of day".

Posted via CB10
    It'll see the light of day. Whether or not you'll want to buy it in its final form is a different story.
    06-29-16 02:53 PM
    It will look probably like this.

Attached Thumbnails Start a new page for BlackBerry Mercury?-100143.jpg  
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-29-16 07:22 PM
    It'll see the light of day. Whether or not you'll want to buy it in its final form is a different story.
    I don't think the Hamburg or Rome have to be high end devices to be successful. BlackBerry's target market is more business than consumer, and there are lots of mid range phones now that perform well enough for most people.
    06-29-16 11:48 PM
    I don't think the Hamburg or Rome have to be high end devices to be successful. BlackBerry's target market is more business than consumer, and there are lots of mid range phones now that perform well enough for most people.
    More like they cannot be high end to be successful. BlackBerry needs to drop their ego of selling "premium" devices like it's 2007.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-05-16 09:12 AM
    With production on the Classic being shut down, I think we can say that there will not be a Mercury. Makes no sense to build one if the market would not support the Classic. Initially rumours said two new phones and they will be the Neon and the Argon. Why would Chen waste money on building a PKB android if he just shut down the Classic? Wouldn't make sense.
    07-05-16 10:56 AM
    With production on the Classic being shut down, I think we can say that there will not be a Mercury. Makes no sense to build one if the market would not support the Classic. Initially rumours said two new phones and they will be the Neon and the Argon. Why would Chen waste money on building a PKB android if he just shut down the Classic? Wouldn't make sense.
    Maybe Mercury will launch ASAP as a result.........LOL sorry, I know that's crazy!
    07-05-16 12:58 PM
    The classic is bb10 and it is old. They would kill passport if that was the case. Only thing blackberry can differentiate themselves is the premium built pkb. I don't know how many but a lot passport and classic users would buy it.
    blckberry4life likes this.
    07-05-16 01:19 PM
    And the ones like me. Priv users not satisfied with the keyboard and the build quality.
    blckberry4life likes this.
    07-05-16 01:20 PM
    I think the PKB will come....but it will be too late ( as usual)
    pooyam likes this.
    07-05-16 01:26 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm not interested in the Mercury or the rome but the Argon.

You guys seen those specs?

Sd 820
    Fingerprint scanner
    Quick charge 3.0
    USB type c.
    21 mega pixel primary camera
    8 mega pixel secondary camera
    4 gig ram

And a horrible 3000 mah battery.. Like er?

Any way. I still think I might .. Not saying I will as I am happy with my priv apart from the atrocious battery life and S0T I get. I get about 24 hours usage on 3 hours SOT.. Total BS for a phone with such a huge battery.

But if the battery endurance rating on the argon shows me something good I might dip into my budget and kick the priv to the curve. MIGHT being the keyword.

Just my 5 cents.
    07-05-16 01:35 PM
77 123 ...