Does anyone experience problems with the square button? I had intermittent problems but now there is no response.
    07-01-17 01:17 PM
    I am new (yesterday) to the Keyone. So my suggestions may not work. But have you tried a full reboot? The other touch keys on that row work? The screen in that area responds to touch and the physical keys in that area also work?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    MatthiasHannover likes this.
    07-01-17 02:20 PM
    thanks for the tips. the other buttons did work. I performed a reboot and it's working again. I'm new to android. miss the BlackBerry OS.
    07-02-17 12:47 AM
    Does anyone experience problems with the square button? I had intermittent problems but now there is no response.
    When did you buy your phone? Do you have a screen protector on it?

Same issue happens to my third KEYᵒⁿᵉ . The square recent button intermittently stop responding to the touch probably once or twice a day. Usually simply turning off the screen off and on again fix it though.

I got this their KEYᵒⁿᵉ 4 days ago as a replacement of my two KEYᵒⁿᵉ with screen lifting issues, and I noticed the square button unresponsive issue right away out of the box right after setting up the phone.

I had a tempered glass protector from skinomi applied to it even before starting to set up(since I decided to self repair this one if the screen lifts again...) , so I thought it was the tempered glass making it less sensitive. ( other buttons work fine though) it happened almost every hour or so.

So I took the screen protector off, and the symptom disappeared for a day . So I was half right since the symptom still persist but with much less frequency.

Sigh... damn this KEYᵒⁿᵉ with so many issue somewhere.
    07-02-17 07:55 AM
    I have been using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ for 4 weeks now. There is no screen protector or case. I have never used either of these items on any Blackberry i have ever owned. The build on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the BBB100-1. I have been noticing this problem come and go over the past few weeks. The Triangle and Circle have never been problematic. I assume, because the problem with the Square Key goes away after restart, that it is a software issue that can be fixed.
    07-02-17 10:45 AM
    I really wish that this is a software's issue as well.
    and it seems likely.

however, I'm wondering why my other two keyones didn't have the same issue with the same os build and exact same applications installed for 4 weeks..

finger crossed. :::
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 07-02-17 at 11:38 AM.
    07-02-17 10:55 AM
    same issue here, no idea how to solve it!!!
    07-02-17 03:55 PM
    Same here. Mine keeps pressing itself randomly. Disabling with button remap app and using pie control app instead does not work. Even disabled it still acting up
    07-02-17 07:52 PM
    lol. square gate after screen gate.

and somehow I get all issues with all of my keyone.

one after another.
    07-02-17 08:18 PM
    I would imagine that this is definitely a software issue that is presenting itself under a particular set of conditions which is why it works intermittently. Just reboot. Just another benefit of Android.
    07-03-17 11:29 AM
    lol. square gate after screen gate.

and somehow I get all issues with all of my keyone.

one after another.
    Were you an Apple iPhone user in a previous life?
    07-03-17 01:31 PM
    Were you an Apple iPhone user in a previous life?
    Not more than two months with iPhone 1 like many many years ago. And I have no idea how my previous life was.

If I started my first smartphone life with iPhone or Android like many others... I wouldn't be in this doomed destiny of using BlackBerry all the time while blaming BlackBerry all the times...

I hate but I love BlackBerry.
    07-03-17 02:39 PM
    I am new (yesterday) to the Keyone. So my suggestions may not work. But have you tried a full reboot? The other touch keys on that row work? The screen in that area responds to touch and the physical keys in that area also work?

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

Safe Mode:

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    Congratulations for the purchase!
    I am sure you will enjoy it , I have mine for about 5 weeks and I am super happy!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-17 05:51 PM

Safe Mode:

I don't have any problems with K1, but thanks for these very helpful restart instructions. I never knew there were so many ways to reboot the device.

Really appreciated.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-17 06:20 PM
    I've had my K1 for 4 days now and I have experienced a non functional square button a couple times now, just that button...no others. a reboot has fixed it each time. I'm guessing it's a software issue.
    07-15-17 07:10 AM
    anyone ever have a problem when they are on BBM and when u want to add a bbm emotion it kinda freezes and u can't select the emotions?
    GrandMobile likes this.
    07-15-17 07:30 AM
    anyone ever have a problem when they are on BBM and when u want to add a bbm emotion it kinda freezes and u can't select the emotions?
    Create a thread and ask.
    07-15-17 12:12 PM
    it seems to be happening more and more for me. a few times today so far.
    07-16-17 04:01 PM
    yeah. my square button malfunctions routinely. I've had my GSM US unlocked since launch. power off and on fixes it every time. so hopefully a software update will fix this. otherwise I've been very happy with the phone.
    GrandMobile likes this.
    07-16-17 08:08 PM
    yeah. my square button malfunctions routinely. I've had my GSM US unlocked since launch. power off and on fixes it every time. so hopefully a software update will fix this. otherwise I've been very happy with the phone.
    Im happy as well, great phone but this is getting annoying.
    GrandMobile likes this.
    07-17-17 06:06 AM
    I have been using the Google launcher and the problem has disappeared.
    07-18-17 01:51 PM
    it hasn't happened in 2 days now. lol strange
    07-19-17 06:32 AM
    Had screengate got given a replacement now also have squaregate! Noticed 1st when I applied tempered glass so took off but now it happens maybe twice a week. Also having issue saving to sim and false error message saying its full but will start a new thread for that one. Will keep you lot updated such a shame as I love this phone!
    09-30-17 06:57 PM
    another member of squaregate. have noticed a reboot gets it to behave again
    09-30-17 08:02 PM
    I have also had the square button fail on me. I do have a screen protector and case but the triangle and round buttons continue to work. I have to reboot each time, which is annoying. The rest of the screen seems to work fine. There is also no noticeable trigger. I can go days and nothing and then all of a sudden it stops working.
    03-12-18 03:02 PM
30 12