It seems I have been posting a lot about deficiencies with the K1. Yet here is another one. I hope I am wrong and someone points me in the right direction.

I have Sprint and notice when someone leaves me a VM, no icon shows up notifying me I have a VM waiting to be heard. I thought it was a simple setting change that I couldn't find so I called BB support and they told me they coudn't help me and I should call Sprint since it was a VM issue. I called Sprint, was on the phone for an hour and was told no fix.

How can that be? BB and Sprint - you mean no VM notifying icon is available so if I don't pay attention to my missed call indicator to check my VM just in case, a VM could be on my system for days if I don't check it. Does that make sense to you? If true, what a waste of time.

Sorry - but each day I use my K1 and find these deficiencies, the more frustrated I am becoming
    10-11-17 04:11 PM
    that makes entirely no sense. To my knowledge, you should always be receiving a voicemail notification as I always do every time. It's very possible that you may have turned off notifications for your voicemail? or possibly have not have the September update that solved the notification issue that popped up over the summer (The doze feature that turned off background activity to conserve battery had many folks not get any notifications besides SMS and phone calls.)

For me, I use T-mobile and they have their own visual voicemail app, (however it CAN be integrated in the dialer app, but you can only "save" voicemails using the T-Mobile VVM app)
    10-11-17 05:25 PM
    that makes entirely no sense. To my knowledge, you should always be receiving a voicemail notification as I always do every time. It's very possible that you may have turned off notifications for your voicemail? or possibly have not have the September update that solved the notification issue that popped up over the summer (The doze feature that turned off background activity to conserve battery had many folks not get any notifications besides SMS and phone calls.)

For me, I use T-mobile and they have their own visual voicemail app, (however it CAN be integrated in the dialer app, but you can only "save" voicemails using the T-Mobile VVM app)
    I couldn't agree more --- it makes no sense. Yet, that is what I am told AND the proof is in the pudding --- no vm icon.

Settings -- phone, settings, calls, voicemail and I get Avatar, Display, Help/info, preferences (manage subscription, auto forward toe email, personalize voicemail, transcription, delete messages, mobile advertising preferences, disable ads, disable free trials, sms deliver of voice mail), sound, updates, about voice mail. NOTHING about settings for icon. Again, makes no sense.
    10-11-17 05:55 PM
    have you checked your "PHONE" app's settings? 3 dots in the upper right, select "Calls", and select "Voicemail"
    10-11-17 06:31 PM
    have you checked your "PHONE" app's settings? 3 dots in the upper right, select "Calls", and select "Voicemail"
    Yes - What was stated in my prior email were the steps I went through showing every setting available.
    10-11-17 08:07 PM
    Sprint's VM solution is very clunky. To set notifications, you have to go to settings in the VM app/Sound/Notifications. I like the fact that I can get VM's saved on my phone but would never use the Visual VM service that they are trying to sell. Also, no way to get rid of ads unless you buy more advanced premium service
    10-12-17 03:19 PM
    Sprint's VM solution is very clunky. To set notifications, you have to go to settings in the VM app/Sound/Notifications. I like the fact that I can get VM's saved on my phone but would never use the Visual VM service that they are trying to sell. Also, no way to get rid of ads unless you buy more advanced premium service
    I think Sandyhois may have solved the mystery. I went to VM app/Sound/Notifications and made changes. I'll play around with it and report back so if someone has same problem, this post can help.

The ads are already driving me crazy. Geez - ads needed for VM. Lame

Thank you Sandyhois
    10-12-17 09:20 PM
    After many tickets placed with Sprint and BB support - the fix to this is to go under settings/notifications/voicemail/uncheck block all and I checked show silently. Called and left a message and I received notification voice mail and when I erased voice mail and hung up, notification disappeared. Fixed!
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    10-22-17 08:40 PM
    It seems I have been posting a lot about deficiencies with the K1. Yet here is another one. I hope I am wrong and someone points me in the right direction.

I have Sprint and notice when someone leaves me a VM, no icon shows up notifying me I have a VM waiting to be heard. I thought it was a simple setting change that I couldn't find so I called BB support and they told me they coudn't help me and I should call Sprint since it was a VM issue. I called Sprint, was on the phone for an hour and was told no fix.

How can that be? BB and Sprint - you mean no VM notifying icon is available so if I don't pay attention to my missed call indicator to check my VM just in case, a VM could be on my system for days if I don't check it. Does that make sense to you? If true, what a waste of time.

Sorry - but each day I use my K1 and find these deficiencies, the more frustrated I am becoming
    I'm on Rogers Wireless and I get the vm notification in the upper left corner!? I believe it's the provisioning of the network to send the notification to your device! Are you setup for visual vm or basic?
    10-23-17 09:52 AM
    I just tested my "Verizon" cdma version and I get the little icon in the upper left and if I pull down the Notification shade, I see it there too. Tapping it, dialed my voice mail retrieval access.
    10-23-17 11:16 AM
    I'm on Rogers Wireless and I get the vm notification in the upper left corner!? I believe it's the provisioning of the network to send the notification to your device! Are you setup for visual vm or basic?
    Basic - I think it might have been provisioning and changing notifications on settings. All set now.
    10-23-17 08:16 PM