Major connection issues and customer service issues with Sprint and the KeyOne in Washington, DC and NoVA. No mobile data without WiFi being connected is but one issue. Other issues include being telemarketed by Sprint despite having signed up at the time of the KeyOne purchase, 0-1 bar in well populated NoVA zip code, CSR rep provisioning phone without warning in middle of day with loss of email and other open app transactions, no ability to unlock phone for International travel until day 51, no ability to unlock phone period until day 51, customer service that doesn't have a posted email address, suspending mobile calling due to inactivity in first week of being a customer despite paying fees and credit check (Sprint claimed it was an automated safeguard against fraud, though data worked fine), untimely shipping and delivery of shipping information (the device sat at the warehouse for 4 shipping days / 5 days total before being shipped despite obviously being within a stones throw of UPS main shipping hub.....and more. Sprint executive escalation team (a.k.a. Marci Karris' team) has been inept at solving any of the issues mentioned, and flat out refused to do anything to remediate the service issues that continue to persist. I have spent more time on Sprint related issues than I have on anything else related to the phone.

I have plans to return the device before the close the 14 day window and switch to a device that works on Verizon or AT&T/T-Mobile. I have no allegiance and cost is not the deciding factor, the service just needs to work and not need to be constantly gammed (turning on and off, resetting mobile settings, etc.) or or restored due to Sprint's own unilateral nonsensical actions. They simply can't deliver what they have promised or even recover when given many opportunities to do so. They seem to trip over themselves to make the experience worse each day.

Otherwise big fan of the KeyOne device having migrated from Priv, and before that the Classic (that died in March 2017). Glad to have essentially the standard Blackberry keyboard back, and that's the most important feature. All the other bells and whistles or wants are secondary or limitations universal to all/most Android.
    07-26-17 02:22 PM
    Sprint user here, zero issues one week in.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone
    How's it going without being connected to WiFi?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 03:30 AM
    No problems with data/internet without being connected to WiFi? Are u using CDMA only?

Posted via CB10
    No issues without WiFi. Live in a small town in MA, have even traveled to NH over the weekend and no issues. Preferred Network Type is on Automatic
    07-27-17 03:57 AM
    No issues without WiFi. Live in a small town in MA, have even traveled to NH over the weekend and no issues. Preferred Network Type is on Automatic
    What APN is it set to?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 03:59 AM
    This is so aggravating...great phone, bad carrier. What is the damn fix to allow us to have mobile data without WIFI and get MMS?
    07-27-17 04:30 AM
    I took mine into a Sprint store that had a technical support/repair team and they couldn't figure out why this is happening. They had a working KeyOne there that their boss used and their support team made sure all networking settings including apn settings were the EXACT same and my phone still had the issue. Even mirroring a working Sprint KeyOne did not fix. I sent the phone back and got a replacement phone yesterday. This new phone also has the data issue when not on WiFi. How can Sprint even sell this phone? If you don't take it back within 14 days or get insurance, you are completely stuck with it. If there isn't a fix by this weekend I am going to just give up and get something different I really dont want to. This phone is amazing!
    07-27-17 09:38 AM
    Here!

I got issues also, in RURAL TN.... so my signal is def a factor.

I just spent 45 min with tech on phone... she actually got me some data working!

so here were the steps,

1. system updates : update profile
    shut down device when complete
    2. reboot device, it should come up and tell you it is updating profile again then reboot on its own.
    3. set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA
    4. check that LTE signal is aquired next to the signal bar indicator.
    5. reboot again....
    6. update profile... and reboot again...

and poof! I turned off my wifi and the phone got the first data without just automatically going OFFLINE!

!!!!!!!!!*********** I noticed MANY things changed on the phone now, yesterday tethering and mobile hotspot was compleetly MISSING from my phone, after this simple update it is now a full menu!

!@#$%^&*(
    BOTTOM LINE ----- SPRINT IS WORKING ON THIS!

Keep faith in Sprint and BB KO!

FYI, the APN's didnt change, but my phone has SPCS Global cinet.spcs selected, and the MMSC is http://mms.sprintpcs.com, MMS Proxy is 68.28.31.7, MMS port 80, MCC 310, MNC 120, APN ype "default,supl,mms,dun, APN Protocol IPv4, Bearer "GPRS,HSUPA, ,HSPAP,HSPA, ,HSDPA,UMTS,EDGE, and the MVNO type is None....
    stlabrat likes this.
    07-27-17 01:33 PM
    I took mine into a Sprint store that had a technical support/repair team and they couldn't figure out why this is happening. They had a working KeyOne there that their boss used and their support team made sure all networking settings including apn settings were the EXACT same and my phone still had the issue. Even mirroring a working Sprint KeyOne did not fix. I sent the phone back and got a replacement phone yesterday. This new phone also has the data issue when not on WiFi. How can Sprint even sell this phone? If you don't take it back within 14 days or get insurance, you are completely stuck with it. If there isn't a fix by this weekend I am going to just give up and get something different I really dont want to. This phone is amazing!
    My MMS it working and data seems to be coming around. My tech guy said he pushed a push using the "OMA" tool. You can give them a call and have to try that.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    07-27-17 02:02 PM
    Another finding!, I turned off the roaming international calling and data, and now the data connection is staying on, despite the terrible 1 to zero bar signal and 3G network. Its a WIP for sure, but progress is being made on my device / network
    07-27-17 02:05 PM
    What APN is it set to?

Posted via CB10
    x.ispsn
    07-27-17 02:34 PM
    Don't waste your time with Sprint. I've spoken with Sprint numerous times to address issues, including no mobile data, and to arrange for a return kit and they are incapable of making the save. Anyone considering the KeyOne should use a different carrier to avoid a lot of hassle and potentially incomplete service. If you do decide to take your chances with Sprint here's a customer service number to use: 1-855-848-3280. Good luck!
    07-27-17 06:15 PM
    I'm having reception issues as well. On my 2nd phone...the first one went back for a faulty screen. The 2nd one is much better. We need wifi calling support if the reception is a hardware issue.
    07-29-17 10:55 PM
    I'm with sprint and bought it the moment it was available online. I havent had problem with the cellular functionality. The only problems I've had relate to Audible reinstalling on every restart, Instagram and other bloatware apps reenabling on profile updates, and I the inability to login to twitter and groupme apps (I'm guessing Hub+ Services is causing this). Also my password keeper keeps resetting on restart.
    07-30-17 06:51 PM
    I'm with sprint and bought it the moment it was available online. I havent had problem with the cellular functionality. The only problems I've had relate to Audible reinstalling on every restart, Instagram and other bloatware apps reenabling on profile updates, and I the inability to login to twitter and groupme apps (I'm guessing Hub+ Services is causing this). Also my password keeper keeps resetting on restart.
    Interesting the inability to login to Twitter. I am signed in with multiple accounts and am able to switch between them while in app and get Hub notifications from them.
    07-30-17 08:26 PM
    Interesting the inability to login to Twitter. I am signed in with multiple accounts and am able to switch between them while in app and get Hub notifications from them.
    Have you restarted your phone since setting it up?
    07-30-17 10:17 PM
    Have you restarted your phone since setting it up?
    Yes I have
    07-31-17 11:28 AM
    Yes I have
    Well shoot.... Last one: do you have an sd card? Because that's the last thing I can think of... I might have a bug lurking on my android build....
    07-31-17 12:30 PM
    Yes, I'm loving my phone now that the kinks are worked out. Miss some of the original BB quirks that Android doesn't have but this phone rocks!
    07-31-17 12:39 PM
    Well shoot.... Last one: do you have an sd card? Because that's the last thing I can think of... I might have a bug lurking on my android build....
    I have an SD card but wasn't installed immediately, didn't receive it and install until 3 days after everything was set up
    07-31-17 02:47 PM
    That will work, but if you have an Airave 3 LTE connection or Magic Box, it doesn't handoff to the network. You have to do a restart.
    08-02-17 05:56 PM
    Have a keyone on sprint for 4 days. I've had my built in app (sprint pushed garbage I've disabled) re-enable many times. Driving me nuts. Sometimes a restart will re-enable them. Always a profile update re-enables them. Talked to sprint and blackberry. Sprint blames it on blackberry. BB says they've escalated to senior tech and I will get a call back within 2 days. First BB tech said he's have to check with prod manager to find out if some deal has been made with sprint to re-enable built in apps. Really?

So, something is going on here and it's not good. Every phone has problems but these need to be figured out in less than 14 days or it goes back. Don't want to, the phone is great, just can't deal with apps re-enabling without permission.
    08-02-17 08:39 PM
    Still having issues with a lot of my data 3 weeks in.
    08-02-17 10:07 PM
    For those having issues with data, where are you located?
    08-02-17 10:12 PM
    I'm located in Illinois - Chicago suburbs.
    08-03-17 12:33 AM
    So my buddy has Sprint and is dirt poor and I want to buy him a KEYone as a birthday present. Anyway to do this full retail online without buying a plan? He already has a contract and no phone. Stores don't have it yet...
    bruh, you're a good friend
    08-03-17 02:33 AM
60 123