I have a ticket with Blackberry Mobile and Sprint about this issue and wonder if any other Sprint users are having Wifi troubles with this update. Sprint has recommended a factory reset and I don't want to go to that much trouble only to have my Wifi broken again with this system update.
    10-20-18 06:32 AM
    Sprint has recommended a factory reset and I don't want to go to that much trouble only to have my Wifi broken again with this system update.
    So you're actively ignoring the best possible option to fix it? Sure, it's a minor PITA and sure it might not fix it but it really is the best option of troubleshooting. The chances of support coming back with some magical fix that doesn't involve a wipe is pretty slim. A wipe is troubleshooting 101.
    10-20-18 07:03 PM
    Try a network settings reset. Then reboot.
    10-21-18 01:37 AM
    So you're actively ignoring the best possible option to fix it? Sure, it's a minor PITA and sure it might not fix it but it really is the best option of troubleshooting. The chances of support coming back with some magical fix that doesn't involve a wipe is pretty slim. A wipe is troubleshooting 101.
    I'm not ignoring it. I want to make sure that after all the work involved in a factory reset that I don't have to do it all again after the same (apparently buggy) system update is pushed out to me. If other Sprint users are able to install this update without breaking the Wifi I may decide to do the reset (network settings reset didn't work). Also have not received Oreo yet which means that I will likely have to do a factory reset twice: now and again after Oreo is finally released by Sprint.
    10-21-18 06:24 AM
    factory reset actually very rarely helps with new bugs of a system update. Or other bugs like 'camera unavailable' crash i had on other phones
    it's their go to suggestion to any kind of problem similar to 'did you turn your device off and on?'
    10-21-18 06:33 AM
    Also have not received Oreo yet which means that I will likely have to do a factory reset twice: now and again after Oreo is finally released by Sprint.
    Sprint isn't getting Oreo. - https://crackberry.com/sprint-blackb...g-android-oreo
    10-21-18 05:42 PM
    I downloaded and installed the update. No wifi problems yet. What exactly is wrong with the wifi?
    10-22-18 03:18 AM
    I downloaded and installed the update. No wifi problems yet. What exactly is wrong with the wifi?
    You'd know it if the update broke your Wifi. Not only can I not connect to Wifi but I cannot disable it without crashing the Settings App. Are your a Sprint customer? Want to make sure that the issue does not reoccur if I factory reset and then reupdate my phone.
    10-22-18 05:51 AM
    You'd know it if the update broke your Wifi. Not only can I not connect to Wifi but I cannot disable it without crashing the Settings App. Are your a Sprint customer? Want to make sure that the issue does not reoccur if I factory reset and then reupdate my phone.
    Yes. I never did a factory reset after downloading this update. However, I've noticed over the past couple days, it seems to keep trying to download "another" update when there is none. I just simply cancel out of the update popup. Otherwise, it works perfectly fine on multiple Wifi networks.
    10-22-18 10:13 AM
    I think you're misunderstanding the Factory Reset procedure. It does not roll back your device to a previous update. You will be on the same update that you are on now, but refreshed.
    10-23-18 11:19 AM
    I didn't know that; I assumed that the original operating system was installed and then automatically updated.
    10-23-18 12:56 PM
    Blaze,

Did TCL confirmed this yet?
    10-24-18 11:40 AM
    Blackberry Mobile rep told me that Sprint has the Oreo update but hasn't approved its release.
    10-24-18 01:25 PM