I'm having a problem with my Sprint KEYone, it frequently logs me out and requires the passcode instead of the fingerprint. It does this even while I'm logged in and actively using it. It happens quite a lot when I am travelling, but even happens in my house. There's no real pattern to it. Any way to prevent that?

1. Yes, I've reset the phone to try to solve this. It doesn't help.
    2. Yes, I've searched though this forum, but didn't find an answer. (also Sprint's forum, and the Internet at large).
    3. I know Sprint's not the best, but that what I have.

If this thing keeps up this negative behavior, I'm going to take the blue pill and get a Samsung. I only got this because of the keyboard, but it's not worth this hassle.

Thanks for the help.
    06-01-18 03:51 PM
    I also have a Sprint version and have not experienced this issue. My security is set for a fingerprint.; a password is required occasionally but as expected. Is this a new phone or did the phone's security behavior suddenly change? If its a new phone I'd exchange it.
    06-02-18 04:56 AM
    I also have a Sprint version and have not experienced this issue. My security is set for a fingerprint.; a password is required occasionally but as expected. Is this a new phone or did the phone's security behavior suddenly change? If its a new phone I'd exchange it.
    Thanks, I have the same settings. I did find another thread on the forum about another user with a similar problem that was fixed by forcing the system to use one signal, rather than setting it to auto. I also read somewhere else (can't find that link now) that it locks when it switches network signals (e.g. 4G, CDMA, LTE, etc). Can anyone confirm that? Why on earth would that be a good idea? Can that be turned off? That might explain the reason for it happening when I travel. It also happens in my house, sometimes the signal is low here. Anyone know anything this?
    06-02-18 03:08 PM
    Mine is set to auto and have not experienced this issue when traveling to 3g areas. Maybe a network settings reset? It is not as much trouble as a factory reset. Think you may have to reauthorize your wifi only.
    06-03-18 05:15 AM
    I don't have a Sprint version but I do have to input the password every once in a while as well.

I have an unlocked 01 Silver on T-Mobile.
    06-03-18 07:02 AM
    It happens to me occasionally too. I haven't really notice a pattern. Sometimes when I'm typing it will suddenly lock and require a pass code to unlock. Not really related, I don't think, but sometimes I have a lot of trouble with accidentally tapping the home keys when I'm trying to hit one of the top letter row keys. It must be how I hold it sometimes, because I haven't done it once typing this. It's really irritating when I'm texting.
    06-03-18 08:26 AM
    It happens to me occasionally too. I haven't really notice a pattern. Sometimes when I'm typing it will suddenly lock and require a pass code to unlock. Not really related, I don't think, but sometimes I have a lot of trouble with accidentally tapping the home keys when I'm trying to hit one of the top letter row keys. It must be how I hold it sometimes, because I haven't done it once typing this. It's really irritating when I'm texting.
    I use to have that happen much more often. I guess I've cleaned up my typing or have better finger control as it does not really happen now.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    06-03-18 08:38 AM
    Mine is set to auto and have not experienced this issue when traveling to 3g areas. Maybe a network settings reset? It is not as much trouble as a factory reset. Think you may have to reauthorize your wifi only.
    Ok, I've reset the network settings. We'll see if it helps. Thanks.
    06-03-18 03:38 PM