Then you need to add those numbers to your breakdown. That $1k difference is down to $820, which over 18 months is about $45.56 a month, and you will have two unlocked gsm phones on a better network versus two locked cdma phones on a garbage network...
    I don't disagree about Sprint, but I can buy the two GSM phones with the money I save and still have cash left over. Also, these days, I'm at home or the office on WiFi more than 90% of the time, so Sprint's network coverage (which is decent where I live) won't really matter.

When I was on the road 200+ days a year, there was no way I would bite, but now, I kinda think I should go for it.

The only downside, now that I am seriously considering this, is I have a huge legacy discount with AT&T that I'll never get back. It's about 26% on all phone purchases and services. If I drop my account, it will be gone forever.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-31-17 10:24 PM
    Cost of phone/service is obviously your main focus but you get what you pay for for quality network service! ATT is much better than sprint!
    07-31-17 10:28 PM
    Out of curiosity where are you located? I thought Sprint had some kind of guarantee that you can try their service for a certain period of time.
    We did that with T-Mobile for the office and ended up switching back to Verizon.
    For me I'm out of the office and traveling more than I'm in the office and poor coverage would be a killer for me.
    I read with great interest your test plan you posted and still anxiously waiting to see why you think.
    I got one of the first CDMA phones and now waiting for my replacement after my screen dropped out... so maybe you were right to wait.
    07-31-17 10:29 PM
    Are you trying to say you like your KeyOne..........LOL....Wooof!
    Maybe just a little bit!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-31-17 10:30 PM
    I don't disagree about Sprint, but I can buy the two GSM phones with the money I save and still have cash left over. Also, these days, I'm at home or the office on WiFi more than 90% of the time, so Sprint's network coverage (which is decent where I live) won't really matter.

When I was on the road 200+ days a year, there was no way I would bite, but now, I kinda think I should go for it.

The only downside, now that I am seriously considering this, is I have a huge legacy discount with AT&T that I'll never get back. It's about 26% on all phone purchases and services. If I drop my account, it will be gone forever.

That's your situation RIGHT NOW. Anyway, if you're so sure about it then go for it.
    07-31-17 11:45 PM
    Cost of phone/service is obviously your main focus but you get what you pay for for quality network service! ATT is much better than sprint!
    Agree about AT&T. Been with them for more than a decade now. But I just don't prioritize my phone anymore now that I have my PC on and with me 90% of the time. I make 95% of my calls via soft phone on my PC, and basically just use my phone as an email appliance over WiFi. Frankly, if I didn't need Signal for one client, I would stay in BB10 indefinitely.

08-01-17 12:50 AM
    At the end of the day you've done your homework and educated yourself on options/risks! I'd suggest staying with att, for better coverage and fast lte service!
    08-01-17 01:18 AM
    so maybe you were right to wait.
    Might be a good idea to keep waiting.... maybe one of the promised devices for this year will turn out to be an improved KEYone. Seems the stories of 4GB and 64GB all Black are true for at least India right now.
    08-01-17 07:33 AM
    Might be a good idea to keep waiting.... maybe one of the promised devices for this year will turn out to be an improved KEYone. Seems the stories of 4GB and 64GB all Black are true for at least India right now.
    Yes, but I'm so lukewarm on the switch to Android that I probably wouldn't pay more than $20 extra for a new version of the KEYone. Honestly, if it wasn't for the idea of saving money, I wouldn't be planning to get a KEYone at all.

I've been fooling around with a Priv for the past few weeks, and I'm having a very hard time finding any meaningful advantages over my Z10 for the things I do and value. Since 2004 I've used my phones primarily as an email/messaging appliance, ebook and audio player. I hate Web browsing without a mouse and keyboard, and I find most mobile apps pointless.

I love the form factor of the KEYone, but I honestly am not sure if I will prefer it as a daily driver to the Z10.

The only reason that this is even a conversation for me is that I have to have Signal for one client. :-/

08-01-17 09:25 AM
    Yes, but I'm so lukewarm on the switch to Android that I probably wouldn't pay more than $20 extra for a new version of the KEYone. Honestly, if it wasn't for the idea of saving money, I wouldn't be planning to get a KEYone at all.

I've been fooling around with a Priv for the past few weeks, and I'm having a very hard time finding any meaningful advantages over my Z10 for the things I do and value. Since 2004 I've used my phones primarily as an email/messaging appliance, ebook and audio player. I hate Web browsing without a mouse and keyboard, and I find most mobile apps pointless.

I love the form factor of the KEYone, but I honestly am not sure if I will prefer it as a daily driver to the Z10.

The only reason that this is even a conversation for me is that I have to have Signal for one client. :-/

Personally I hated going from my STORM back to the BOLD format, I like having a large screen. Really think the PRIV would have been my choice, but then I didn't trust BlackBerry and their promises about updates and there being a future....

Recently drowned my Droid and had to switch back to my Z10 while waiting for a replacement.... really love the OS, but app situation makes it impossible to go back to. It's funny there are still things about my Palm Treo that I miss.... but we move on.
    08-01-17 09:36 AM
    Personally I hated going from my STORM back to the BOLD format, I like having a large screen. Really think the PRIV would have been my choice, but then I didn't trust BlackBerry and their promises about updates and there being a future....

Recently drowned my Droid and had to switch back to my Z10 while waiting for a replacement.... really love the OS, but app situation makes it impossible to go back to. It's funny there are still things about my Palm Treo that I miss.... but we move on.
    Yes. I'm sure that, if I had a use for apps and moved to Android, I would NOT want to go back to BB10. I'm just not there yet. :-)

08-01-17 04:07 PM
    no wifi calling nor HD voice.
    08-01-17 05:00 PM
    Just 2 months ago I offered to give a close friend my DTEK 60 for $150.00 with 3 cases. He is still using an old cracked Blackberry Bold on the Sprint network. He turned down the 60 because he did not want to leave Sprint and go GSM network. He said Sprint coverage, service and cost was too good. My brother just left US Cellular for Sprint for the same reasons as you and he is happy. New Iphone 7's at a better price. He stated service is good. Maybe Sprint service is within 1% of Verizon...Can you hear that?
    08-01-17 08:14 PM
    Just 2 months ago I offered to give a close friend my DTEK 60 for $150.00 with 3 cases. He is still using an old cracked Blackberry Bold on the Sprint network. He turned down the 60 because he did not want to leave Sprint and go GSM network. He said Sprint coverage, service and cost was too good. My brother just left US Cellular for Sprint for the same reasons as you and he is happy. New Iphone 7's at a better price. He stated service is good. Maybe Sprint service is within 1% of Verizon...Can you hear that?
    So, how much does Sprint pay you? Because that 1% BS is part of their marketing campaign. It's utter bull and everyone knows it. Either that or it's the largest 1% ever...
    arc3484 likes this.
    08-01-17 10:39 PM
    I'm late for this conversation 😁 but I keep hearing there is talk of a possible merge between T-Mobile & Sprint. I hope not as we here at my house jumped the Sprint ship for T-Mobile and we are saving about $1,000 a year. After being with them for way too many years watching our cost rise as we were refused better deals offered to only new-comers through the years. After buying our last 2 phones from them, they first refused to give us our unlock codes and then kept giving us the wrong codes. CS is a nightmare! They refused to allow factory unlocked phones. Wouldn't carry the Priv here even though so many wanted one. Right before we left them, we were told they wouldn't be carrying the Key1 - although, I see they are now. We now have 2 Sprint locked phones that we paid for and we can't use on any network but theirs. So much for being long time loyal customers. We pay only $100 a month for unlimited at T-Mobile and that includes taxes and everything.
    08-02-17 04:44 AM
    So, how much does Sprint pay you? Because that 1% BS is part of their marketing campaign. It's utter bull and everyone knows it. Either that or it's the largest 1% ever...
    Ha, ha....they do not pay me. I don't use Sprint...never did. Just sharing the few people I know who use them are happy.
    08-02-17 07:14 AM
    Whether it's 1% or 50% depends on location and needs. I'm someone who never notices or cares if I have 1 bar or 4 because I just don't use much data on my phone, and I hardly ever use my phone for actual phone calls.

What I care about is always having access to email, my calendar, and tasks/notes. In the major metropolitan area in which I live and work, the differences between the networks of AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile for basic connectivity and data are noticeable but relatively unimportant.

08-02-17 08:27 AM
    Whether it's 1% or 50% depends on location and needs. I'm someone who never notices or cares if I have 1 bar or 4 because I just don't use much data on my phone, and I hardly ever use my phone for actual phone calls.

What I care about is always having access to email, my calendar, and tasks/notes. In the major metropolitan area in which I live and work, the differences between the networks of AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile for basic connectivity and data are noticeable but relatively unimportant.

Cool man, so switch already...
    08-02-17 03:04 PM
    Cool man, so switch already...
    LOL. What keeps holding me back is that, while I know the KEYone is the most appealing Android phone for me, I'm still not sure I'm ready to stop using my BB10 phone as a daily driver, even if it costs me an extra $250 a year on my cellular plan.

08-02-17 03:12 PM
    I have been a sprint user for a very long time. Its all about location. ATT is horrible here and no one i know uses them.

That being said i got my keyone earlier this week and the store had no idea how to activate it. I was the first to buy one and they could not get it activated on my account. They even exchanged it for the other keyone they had in stock thinking it was the phone.

Ultimately they had to put in a network ticket and told me id just have to use my iphone for now. Im still waiting to hear back on the ticket they submitted. For some reason the keyone uses some kind of on device activation where you have to login to your sprint account on the device to activate it and they couldnt get it working.

So be warned they might have a hard time getting it going. Im seeing other threads of people having issues with keyone on sprint and only certain apps having data access. Its early days for the k1 on sprint and it does kinda feel like they didnt fully test it before shipping, so that they could be first to the us market.

Good luck!
    08-05-17 03:03 PM
    Well, I was too lazy to switch, and now I'm glad, since AT&T will be offering it in just over a week.

Also, I like it better in Black. Heck, I like EVERYTHING better in black.

08-24-17 11:34 AM
    Well, I was too lazy to switch, and now I'm glad, since AT&T will be offering it in just over a week.

Also, I like it better in Black. Heck, I like EVERYTHING better in black.

Glad that you waited. I will wait to hear your excited review of the AT&T KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    08-24-17 12:34 PM
    Glad that you waited. I will wait to hear your excited review of the AT&T KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Thanks. I've been double carrying a Priv, but haven't been thrilled with the Android experience, overall. It's very "noisy" compared to BB10, with lots of pointless notifications and continuous app updates.

Really like the KEYone form factor, but I'm still not sold on the value of Android for someone who is heavily PC-based and doesn't need a bunch of apps to get stuff done.

Obviously Android does a lot more than BB10. But I'm not sure if it isn't worse for my purposes. I had planned to do a thorough test and review this summer. Sept-Nov is make or break for my business, so not sure if I'll have the time now.

08-24-17 12:41 PM
    Thanks. I've been double carrying a Priv, but haven't been thrilled with the Android experience, overall. It's very "noisy" compared to BB10, with lots of pointless notifications and continuous app updates.

Really like the KEYone form factor, but I'm still not sold on the value of Android for someone who is heavily PC-based and doesn't need a bunch of apps to get stuff done.

Obviously Android does a lot more than BB10. But I'm not sure if it isn't worse for my purposes. I had planned to do a thorough test and review this summer. Sept-Nov is make or break for my business, so not sure if I'll have the time now.

I turned off almost all notifications, especially the sounds. I rely mostly with the on-screen notifications, and it is not distracting to me that way.

I put my most used apps on my homepage, and moved everything else to the next pages. No clutter, and I feel very organized with the Hub.
    08-24-17 12:47 PM
    I turned off almost all notifications, especially the sounds. I rely mostly with the on-screen notifications, and it is not distracting to me that way.

I put my most used apps on my homepage, and moved everything else to the next pages. No clutter, and I feel very organized with the Hub.
    Thanks. I'm sure I can dial it in, and I'm sure that there are things I'll dislike. There are also things I dislike about BB10.

But, with Android, I can have a reasonable hope the things I dislike will improve. I have been very impressed with the improvements from Lollipop (which I disliked intensely) to M, N, and now O.

08-24-17 12:53 PM
50 12