This week I found out the hard way. My space bar fell out so I contacted sprint about using my Sprint care complete insurance. I also have some battery life issues. Asurion no longer has the phones in stock and wanted to replace my phone with an LG, and Store reps are apparently not allowed to touch blackberry phones anymore . They tell me to contact blackberry I don't know who and where and why or change my phone.Asurion also offered reimburse me if I can buy a new key one but it doesn't look like they're being sold anymore. I had the same thing happen with my blackberry q10 but it lastedme 4 years and this is a device I only got last year. I guess that's what I get for going with a carrier that has limited options in terms of phone brands willing to work with it.
    12-08-18 11:56 PM
    That's really unfortunate but that is Sprint. If your budget allows it, and you really like the KEYone, I would recommend you purchase an unlocked version and either go to TMO, AT&T, or Straight Talk. I would stay away from Big Red as they have their own issues with the KEYone as per these forums, plus they are transitioning to GSM. My gf uses Straight Talk for her KEYone with no issues and the service is just shy of $50 a month.

I purchased a new BBB100-7 (dual SIM) from Walmart online for $300 a few months ago and I use it on AT&T. I know Amazon has them for about the same price too. It has 4 gig of ram and 64 gig of storage which would be an upgrade for you.

I know this doesn't help your issue but you do have options.
    12-09-18 01:53 PM
    This week I found out the hard way. My space bar fell out so I contacted sprint about using my Sprint care complete insurance. I also have some battery life issues. Asurion no longer has the phones in stock and wanted to replace my phone with an LG, and Store reps are apparently not allowed to touch blackberry phones anymore . They tell me to contact blackberry I don't know who and where and why or change my phone.Asurion also offered reimburse me if I can buy a new key one but it doesn't look like they're being sold anymore. I had the same thing happen with my blackberry q10 but it lastedme 4 years and this is a device I only got last year. I guess that's what I get for going with a carrier that has limited options in terms of phone brands willing to work with it.
    BBMo no longer has a CDMA device in its lineup, so I'm not surprised.

Verizon now uses VoLTE.
    12-09-18 01:58 PM
    Things will probably change if and when T-Mobile/Sprint merger is completed. At this point, look on Amazon for Sprint KEYone and get reimbursement or switch to LG temporarily. Keep your options since post merger, there will be some great offers to keep Sprint customers. Look how T-Mobile did with MetroPCS or AT&T with Cricket post merger.
    12-09-18 02:52 PM
    Dump Sprint, if you can. I paid the monthly insurance premium to them, then to Asurion for more than 2 years. When I needed a replacement for my damaged Treo smartphone, Asurion wanted to give me some cheap candy bar. Metro PCS, for one example, is an economical re-seller of the T-Mobile network, if price is a concern.
    12-09-18 02:53 PM
    Dump Sprint, if you can. I paid the monthly insurance premium to them, then to Asurion for more than 2 years. When I needed a replacement for my damaged Treo smartphone, Asurion wanted to give me some cheap candy bar. Metro PCS, for one example, is an economical re-seller of the T-Mobile network, if price is a concern.
    In order for OP to make insurance claim, OP will have to stay with Sprint or replacement device is worthless.
    12-09-18 03:52 PM
    In order for OP to make insurance claim, OP will have to stay with Sprint or replacement device is worthless.
    Asurion also offered reimburse me if I can buy a new key one but it doesn't look like they're being sold anymore.
    I read that as cash from the crooks for a comparably-priced Keyone, i.e. unlocked GSM phone. Maybe not but my complaints to Sprint got me a nominal credit on my account out of consideration for the value of my insured phone and the premiums I had faithfully paid. Ethically, OP is due that much and, if necessary, talking to Sprint/Asurian might be worth a try.
    12-09-18 04:02 PM
    I had issues with my KEYone and dealt with BlackBerry Mobile since I was on Verizon. the phone was still under warranty.

It was replaced for free with a refurbished one. There were issues with FedEx losing the phone in customs in Memphis. But eventually got the "new" device.
    12-09-18 04:54 PM
    You should also ask for a refund on the premiums retroactive to the date they could no longer replace your device.
    12-09-18 04:55 PM
    Everybody realizes that language in the contract allows them ability to replace with a different but similar valued device. That means OP could really get hosed on the estimated replacement value. Ethical, moral and other complaints or arguments notwithstanding, the idea would be to get made whole as economically possible and see what happens with the merger. They’ll be offering retention bonuses and upgrades galore to keep as customer along with serious upgrade offers to covert to GSM/LTE hardware.

Most importantly, the OP is dealing with Sprint for reasons they’ve chosen. My suggestions are from the perspective of being a Sprint customer (I’m not as I’ve explained multitudes of times, I’m with AT&T for my own reasons) and looking to suggest least amount of disruption for OP situation.
    12-09-18 05:06 PM
    Most importantly, the OP is dealing with Sprint for reasons they’ve chosen.
    Who is suggesting otherwise? OP knows best. Others are giving ideas.

Dump Sprint, if you can.
    ^Note qualifier.

the idea would be to get made whole as economically possible and see what happens with the merger.
    Have you got a solid timeline on the merger and specifics about what it would bring, when? Sounds to me how long OP goes without a fully functional phone does not concern you, unless you advocate locking into Sprint by buying a CDMA Sprint Keyone w/o even exploring other options or is there a strategy I don't see?

My suggestions are from the perspective of being a Sprint customer (I'm not...
    I've got the perspective of having been a Sprint customer for many years. See above. Apart from being robbed over my Treo, it was not possible to unlock my Sprint Q10 for another carrier. I can't predict the future but my past experiences with Sprint and reports of limitations with the current Sprint Keyone would not lead me to recommend using them ATM. As you say, OP must weigh and balance.

...I’m with AT&T for my own reasons) and looking to suggest least amount of disruption for OP situation.
    Only OP can decide what strategy provides the best results. I don't think anyone would wish unnecessary disruption for OP. I'm not seeing why you are pushing your method as superior despite you not being OP.

OP could really get hosed
    OP is already hosed. Hopefully, OP can find a good solution, whether yours or something different.
    12-09-18 06:14 PM
    Who is suggesting otherwise? OP knows best. Others are giving ideas.

^Note qualifier.

Have you got a solid timeline on the merger and specifics about what it would bring, when? Sounds to me how long OP goes without a fully functional phone does not concern you, unless you advocate locking into Sprint by buying a CDMA Sprint Keyone w/o even exploring other options or is there a strategy I don't see?

I've got the perspective of having been a Sprint customer for many years. See above. Apart from being robbed over my Treo, it was not possible to unlock my Sprint Q10 for another carrier. I can't predict the future but my past experiences with Sprint and reports of limitations with the current Sprint Keyone would not lead me to recommend using them ATM. As you say, OP must weigh and balance.

Only OP can decide what strategy provides the best results. I don't think anyone would wish unnecessary disruption for OP. I'm not seeing why you are pushing your method as superior despite you not being OP.

OP is already hosed. Hopefully, OP can find a good solution, whether yours or something different.
    They’ve offered the OP completely functional replacement LG phone. Just following the KISS principle. Your insurance contract from carrier is going to get you another carrier device. It’s just what happens..
    12-09-18 06:17 PM
    They’ve offered the OP completely functional replacement LG phone.
    You're pushing, again.

Asurion no longer has the phones in stock and wanted to replace my phone with an LG
    I don't see which LG and have already reported my experience with Asurian telling me I had to take a cheap candy bar phone in lieu of my expensive Treo smartphone. "Completely functional" is your assessment, based on what? Only OP can make that call, as I thought you already intimated.

Just following the KISS principle.
    KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid". Got anything for "smart"? It's not simple. OP has to deal with business entities who will take him for all they can sooner than make good on any written or reasonably inferred replacement promises.

Your insurance contract from carrier is going to get you another carrier device. It’s just what happens..
    In my business relationship with Sprint, they sold their replacement contracts to Asurian and Asurian, not the carrier, is who was supposed to provide me a replacement. As I said, I negotiated with Sprint customer service for some extra relief completely separate from the policy holder. It might not be as black and white as "It's just what happens". Anyway, that you say it is does not make it so.
    12-09-18 06:52 PM
    I'm definitely not interested in having an LG phone. I'm more likely to switch carriers than I am switching to a phone without a keyboard again. I stayed with Sprint because I've been with them with my q10 and they were the only carrier actually offering the keyone at launch and I wanted to avoid the hassle. How they handled this phone was definitely strange all long I got it in July and two months after and ever since they tried to get me to upgrade to a Samsung or something of that nature with their emails and some calls with their special offers. Somebody here mentioned contacting blackberry directly does anybody know how to go about it ?
    12-10-18 12:53 AM
    Forum posts talk about success and failure with various contact points that seem to change over time. What I have bookmarked:

https://blackberrymobile.com/support...evice-help/#81

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492

On the phone, there is a Support Center app that shows a Hotline & Service Center page under Contact Us that might or might not work for you, might or might not be different from the locked forum post linked above (Last edited by BlackBerry Mobile; 08-09-17 at 07:41 PM), might or might be different from: https://blackberrymobile.com/hotline...ervice-center/
    12-10-18 09:26 AM
    Asurion also offered reimburse me if I can buy a new key one but it doesn't look like they're being sold anymore.
    Will they reimburse you if you buy a refurbished K1? You are replacing a used K1 after all.

Your options here are limited. You need a CDMA device but BlackBerry will never make them again. If they won't reimburse you for a refurbished K1, I would take the LG and either: a) use it until Sprint transitions to GSM/LTE, or b) sell/trade it for a K1, or c) sell/trade it for something to use with another carrier.
    12-10-18 04:23 PM