That's Steve Carell's hand as his character takes a call from the Pentagon in episode 10! Spotted in the new Space Force TV show.-img_20200603_0243466-1-.jpeg
    06-03-20 02:16 AM
    They do stand out as different....
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-03-20 07:24 AM
    it's a comedy series. hope they didn't choose it for that reason.
    I started watching it, but it's so fringe worthy I had to give up after the first episode.
    06-03-20 07:45 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "fringe worthy" (I was a fan of the show "Fringe" some years ago also) but it does get better as it goes along. I'm a big fan of Steve Carell - he's quite a good actor if you've ever seen any of his more serious work. He gets a chance to be funny here by playing someone who takes himself very seriously. He's surrounded by other great actors and comedians, so the show as a whole is pretty entertaining, farfetched as it may be.

At any rate, I laughed when they just about filled the screen with his Keyone ! Usually when you catch a BlackBerry phone in a show, it flashes by pretty quickly, and you have to rewatch frame by frame to capture it. But here it just screamed "look at meee!" Since Carell is one of the show's Exec Producers as well, I have to assume he's a fan of the device. Or maybe is not a fan but knows the DOD had a contract with BlackBerry and thinks his character would be a fan of the device? Who knows.

it's a comedy series. hope they didn't choose it for that reason.
    I started watching it, but it's so fringe worthy I had to give up after the first episode.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    06-03-20 08:43 AM
    Even *I* took notice! haha :-) Usually that stuff goes right by me, but this phone was practically given a speaking role!

06-03-20 08:47 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "fringe worthy" (I was a fan of the show "Fringe" some years ago also) but it does get better as it goes along. I'm a big fan of Steve Carell - he's quite a good actor if you've ever seen any of his more serious work. He gets a chance to be funny here by playing someone who takes himself very seriously. He's surrounded by other great actors and comedians, so the show as a whole is pretty entertaining, farfetched as it may be.

At any rate, I laughed when they just about filled the screen with his Keyone ! Usually when you catch a BlackBerry phone in a show, it flashes by pretty quickly, and you have to rewatch frame by frame to capture it. But here it just screamed "look at meee!" Since Carell is one of the show's Exec Producers as well, I have to assume he's a fan of the device. Or maybe is not a fan but knows the DOD had a contract with BlackBerry and thinks his character would be a fan of the device? Who knows.

Whoops , I meant Cringe worthy. Bloody typo ....
    06-03-20 09:25 AM
    Oh, hahahaha. Well each to his own. The first episode didn't wow me, but since I've seen and enjoyed most of the cast members before in other shows/movies, I wanted to give it a chance to gel. The show grew on me, as I watched it, and now I'm a fan.

Whoops , I meant Cringe worthy. Bloody typo ....

06-03-20 09:34 AM
    KeyOne and Two are phenomenal looking and operating mobile handsets. Slabs, despite preference (I also own a S9) are all the same sans camera alignment and lens differences.
    06-04-20 02:59 PM
    KeyOne and Two are phenomenal looking and operating mobile handsets. Slabs, despite preference (I also own a S9) are all the same sans camera alignment and lens differences.
    I agree it's tough to tell the difference in Slabs these days.... but I suspect fewer are worried about standing out, than seeing the biggest image then can in the smallest format. That keyboard is great if you do a LOT of typing, it's just not what I think most people are concerned about.

Still remember seeing a Passport on Fringe.... that thing really stood out.
    06-04-20 03:30 PM
    I agree it's tough to tell the difference in Slabs these days.... but I suspect fewer are worried about standing out, than seeing the biggest image then can in the smallest format. That keyboard is great if you do a LOT of typing, it's just not what I think most people are concerned about.

Still remember seeing a Passport on Fringe.... that thing really stood out.
    I have owned almost all of the BlackBerry's since the 9000 Curve. I bought a white Passport as the user reviews were stellar however I never could get used to the size and 3 row keyboard. My absolute favorite was/is my Cobalt Blue Classic for originality, size and one handed operation with the tool belt and track pad.

If anyone were to again license and or make an updated Classic (SOC and camera) I would buy it day one.
    06-04-20 03:43 PM
    I think i saw one in STARGIRL as well.
    06-04-20 07:14 PM