Hi!

I've recently bought KEYone and despite it's greatness it is very, veeeeeery slow.

Is there any method to speed it up?
    05-12-18 03:21 AM
    There is a thread on speeding up animations that is here and worth searching for...

But, I recently installed Advanced Task Manager and it’s helped tremendously with the occasional bog down.

Try the free version.

Set your Ignore list.

Set the startup kill apps

Set screen off kill and desired time to kill apps. I’ve set mine to 5 minutes.

I haven’t restarted my phone, cleared things manually, or anything in a week.
    05-12-18 08:56 AM
    There is a thread on speeding up animations that is here and worth searching for...

But, I recently installed Advanced Task Manager and it’s helped tremendously with the occasional bog down.

Try the free version.

Set your Ignore list.

Thanks, I've found it, did everything what was there and it worked like a charm
    Frank Costanza and FF22 like this.
    05-12-18 10:24 AM
    Animation set to .5 is key! Clearing cache is key! Not leaving too many apps open is key! Rebooting once a day is key! I came from the iPhone 6, KeyOne is not any slower! Do these things and experience the KeyOne for what it is, a work tool! Robust, long lasting and definitely not built for gaming! Good luck,
    TCM01, Carjackd and Vitno like this.
    05-12-18 02:23 PM
    Animation set to .5 is key! Clearing cache is key! Not leaving too many apps open is key! Rebooting once a day is key! I came from the iPhone 6, KeyOne is not any slower! Do these things and experience the KeyOne for what it is, a work tool! Robust, long lasting and definitely not built for gaming! Good luck,
    How can I clear the cache?
    05-12-18 02:32 PM
    Settings- Storage- Internal Storage- Cache

PS - wait till end of calculating before resetting cache to 0.
    05-12-18 02:35 PM
    Dude, there is no need to reboot once a day. Once a week is more than enough if OP turns down the animations and clears the cache when it reaches 1gb
    05-12-18 05:58 PM
    The March patch really has issues with memory so if you're running that, which most are, that's going to be part of the problem unfortunately...
    05-12-18 07:15 PM
    Dude, there is no need to reboot once a day. Once a week is more than enough if OP turns down the animations and clears the cache when it reaches 1gb
    Hmmmm, I could maybe go 2 days without reboot, but no more.
    05-12-18 07:48 PM
    Hmmmm, I could maybe go 2 days without reboot, but no more.
    As long as it’s regually being cleared the device is snappy
    05-12-18 10:32 PM
    As long as it’s regually being cleared the device is snappy
    So regurally cleaning the cache is the key?

So if I get it right, the problem is caused because the last patch and it is possible that it will be solved by BlackBerry with next patch?
    05-13-18 06:30 AM
    So regurally cleaning the cache is the key?

So if I get it right, the problem is caused because the last patch and it is possible that it will be solved by BlackBerry with next patch?
    It's just an android thing in general. Clear cashe and reboot regularly
    05-13-18 08:21 AM

Try the free version.

Set your Ignore list.

This was fantastic advice - I've now done the same and my KeyONE is behaving like new - thanks Frank!

Fork
    05-14-18 12:54 PM
    Having issues with a slow KeyOne. Hot do you set Animations to. 5?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 08:55 PM
    I found uninstalling the hub makes a world of difference and even improves the battery by quite a bit!
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-15-18 05:24 AM
    Having issues with a slow KeyOne. Hot do you set Animations to. 5?

Posted via CB10
    Go into Settings -> About Phone, scroll to "Build Number" and tap it 7 times until developer options is enabled, then go back to Settings -> Developer Options and scroll down to the 3 animation settings and set them all to 0.5x
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-18 05:37 AM
    I found uninstalling the hub makes a world of difference and even improves the battery by quite a bit!
    Does it that much? I enjoy Hub on my KEYone, and though who doesn't want a battery or speed boost, I can't see myself disabling it now (I used to have it disabled though).

KEYone battery is good enough that one doesn't need to sacrifice Hub imo. Can't say the same for Priv though.
    05-15-18 05:38 AM
    in developer settings turn off animations and set the max background processes to 1 or 2. with that alone it has sped up the keyone to be usable.
    if you don't care about the hub or the productivity tab then turn those off too.
    use either t-ui launcher or nova launcher. both these launchers are very fast and don't use much as far as resources (t-ui since it's text based uses almost nothing at all).
    with me doing all of this plus a few other things I can get about 4 days battery and on the weekends I can play a full 8 hours of Pokemon Go and still get another day of battery life. and the phone is almost as snappy as my other devices I have had with similar specs.

seriously on this topic blackberry needs to learn how to optimize they're apps and android.
    05-15-18 08:04 PM
    by the way my method I don't ever reboot since I set the phone to automatically kill apps in background.
    05-15-18 08:08 PM