Hi everyone! I hope this is the correct place for this post.

I've created an application that tries to emulate the Speed Key function of the KEY2 using the Convenience Key of the KEYone.
    Basically you can press the Convenience Key and the ANY key (included volume keys, excluded back/home/recent), so this app can be used also with the Motion.

Here's a demo

The app will be available in the next few days, I need to fix a couple of problems and test it.

If someone is interested in sponsoring with a post I can provide some coupon code for getting the app for free
    07-23-18 05:36 PM
    While I appreciate anyone's effort in creating useful apps, I hope you realize there's strong competition already in the market. Anything specific you're doing to differentiate yourself?
    07-23-18 09:57 PM
    Seems like the one you pointed out is different. First, it requires permission, while mine has 0 permission request. Second, you need to remap the keyboard keys, so it's probably faster (just two click together while mine require two sequential click) but I'm reading someone is having trouble when typing. Mine has no problem (even if as I said, it's more time consuming to press 2 keys and the Convenience Key is not " well positioned" - so it's harder to press it eg while typing).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me the app you linked seems pretty different. If there's already an app that does exactly what mine is doing I will buy it for sure, it's way easier to buy rather than coding :P
    07-24-18 01:34 AM
    Some people do experience lag, due to the accessibility feature. Not sure how you can get yours functioning without any permissions, but that would be a big plus.

You can set button remapper to use the convenience key as the speed key, if that's what you prefer. I use the left shift, reserving the right for control shortcuts.
    07-24-18 06:33 AM
    Wow, that's so smooth. I still want single button shortcut but we have no perfect app for it at a time so i think i will prefer this for one hand fast switch rathen than always have to use 2 hand like speed key.
    07-24-18 06:47 AM
    well to me buttons remapper already does the job and is more convenient in terms of fingers placement + use of the conveniences to pull down notifications but perhaps you can tell us what it brings in addition ? plus I could actually use buttons remapper to use the convenient key in combination with another one so this sounds like yours ?
    07-24-18 11:05 AM
    Mine is "better" only for 3 things:
    -no permission at all
    -nothing is running in background so it consumes literally 0%
    -apk size (not totally sure)

For everything else, buttons remapper is better and that's all. Mine can be used without permissions just because it's actually thought for bb (actually any device with a *shortcut* key like the convenience), and not for every android.

Probably mine is a little bit slower but with a smaller ram footprint.

Anyway I wasn't aware of button remap capability without root, I wouldn't have spent time knowing it. I'm fine with mine for now due to low ram usage, the only thing that matter is happiness so enjoy button remapper
    gouger05 likes this.
    07-24-18 01:05 PM
    how can i get that app?
    07-24-18 01:34 PM
    great effort anyway. I am sure the community will be happy with having 3 or 4 choices ... the no permissions arguments is a good one anyways for bb folks
    07-24-18 02:42 PM
    Great work! Definitely willing to take your app for a spin once it's available, keep us posted and thanks for the development!
    gouger05 likes this.
    07-24-18 02:46 PM
    The app will be available in 2/3 days (currently it works only for opening apps and not shortcut, I want to add at least shortcuts before releasing, plus I need an icon and I'm totally noob with photoshop).
    I was thinking about a 0.99 price tag with some free coupon code for the cb community or totally free, not sure what I'll do tbh.
    Thanks anyone for the interest
    gouger05 and Saurabh2248 like this.
    07-25-18 04:23 AM
    Will definitely try this out once it's available
    07-25-18 06:43 AM
    looking forward to this
    07-25-18 12:10 PM
    In my opinion releasing a beta version would be good.
    07-25-18 03:07 PM
    Seems like the one you pointed out is different. First, it requires permission, while mine has 0 permission request. Second, you need to remap the keyboard keys, so it's probably faster (just two click together while mine require two sequential click) but I'm reading someone is having trouble when typing. Mine has no problem (even if as I said, it's more time consuming to press 2 keys and the Convenience Key is not " well positioned" - so it's harder to press it eg while typing).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me the app you linked seems pretty different. If there's already an app that does exactly what mine is doing I will buy it for sure, it's way easier to buy rather than coding :P
    You're right, it has a lot of problems, whenever I type something on an app, it automatically triggers the app assigned to that key and If you type fast, multiple apps start opening up. Very annoying
    I like your version a lot! Waiting for it
    And thanks in advance
    07-26-18 11:40 AM
    Thanks for directing my attention to this! I'll test it out after its up on Google play.
    Hopefully you get a lot of downloads!
    Attached Thumbnails Speed Key (sort of) for KEYone-4298.jpg  
    nglfmark likes this.
    07-27-18 08:09 PM
    My issue with this method is that keyboard scrolling gets disabled if i open an app with the combination shift+key. Is anybody experiencing this as well?
    07-29-18 10:38 PM
    So for everyone interested, here's the completed application.
    I wanted to add some more features but I don't have the time right now, in a future release I'll add shortcuts for google assistant, notification shade dropdown and other useful tweaks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dcoletto.fastk

I'll release 5 promo codes tomorrow, play store won't let me create codes available right now.
    Try it out, and if you don't like it just restore the purchase and buy button remapper :P

(PS: I hope the app is available for everyone, currently my PC is telling me that the app is not available for any device but opening the play store from my keyone I'm able to buy it... Kinda strange)
    gouger05 likes this.
    07-30-18 04:36 PM
    I would love to try it out! looks promising.
    07-30-18 04:39 PM
    it is paid already?
    i would suggest to set a free app with limited shortcut for testing.
    AnkurTri1 likes this.
    07-31-18 12:49 AM
    Good one, I will upload a free version with a 2 shortcut limit (I know, 2 are not enough, but it's for testing purpose).

Anyway I'll give away 5 codes for getting the app for free in about 4 hours (I'm waiting for the playstore to enable them)
    07-31-18 01:52 AM
    Hey.
    Installed app but can't figure out how to setup shortcuts :/
    Long and short press list's are empty. Clicking main app icon do nothing.

Best,
    M.
    07-31-18 03:13 AM
    Good one, I will upload a free version with a 2 shortcut limit (I know, 2 are not enough, but it's for testing purpose).

Anyway I'll give away 5 codes for getting the app for free in about 4 hours (I'm waiting for the playstore to enable them)
    I'm interested in a promo code!
    07-31-18 07:11 AM
    I'm interested in a promo code!
    Me too!
    07-31-18 07:20 AM
    same for me. the app is called 'fastkey' right?
    07-31-18 08:18 AM
65 123