Don't really know much about chips. Did notice the same amount of ram, so does 625 outperform 808?

Cuz in where I live, I can get a priv for like below 300usd.
    03-01-17 07:28 PM
    If I remember correctly, 808 has a better GPU (I think) and better single threaded performance, while 625 has better multithreaded performance and, importantly, more power efficiency. If GPU and pure performance mattered for, let's say a game, then I think the form factor and screen would get in the way of that first.
    seletok and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-01-17 07:36 PM
    I'm going to say no. I was contemplating between the Priv and KEYone yesterday and ended up buying the Priv instead.
    The specs are too similar -- only difference I saw was KEYone would have better battery life, better at multi-tasking, finger print sensor, and better looks (subjective).
    03-02-17 08:04 AM
    I'm going to say no. I was contemplating between the Priv and KEYone yesterday and ended up buying the Priv instead.
    The specs are too similar -- only difference I saw was KEYone would have better battery life, better at multi-tasking, finger print sensor, and better looks (subjective).
    By all accounts, the keyboard is better by a distance as well; for me this is the deciding factor when choosing between pkb devices.

Posted via CB10
    Pez1983 and yyz321 like this.
    03-02-17 08:24 AM
    By all accounts, the keyboard is better by a distance as well; for me this is the deciding factor when choosing between pkb devices.

Posted via CB10
    That's right, I forgot to mention the PKB. It was less of an issue for me because I do kind of want to go back to a VKB from my Passport.

For somebody that needs to have a good PKB, I think the KEYone would be a no-brainer even though the Priv has more real estate for reading.
    03-02-17 09:24 AM
    The 625 will demolish the 808.. The 625 is almost on par with the 820 and it's not that far behind the 821...

Forget the numbering system, it's useless with SD processors..
    FF22 likes this.
    03-02-17 10:24 AM
    The KEYone is like a car with a smaller engine that can outperform the car with the larger engine, known as the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 10:36 AM
    Better keyboard, better main camera sensor, better front camera, no moving parts (better)...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    nbaliga likes this.
    03-02-17 11:08 AM
    Dont forget the better cameras/sensor, rgb led, construction material, etc
    03-02-17 11:08 AM
    Dont forget the better cameras/sensor, rgb led, construction material, etc
    Priv has RGB LED though.

03-02-17 11:17 AM
    On most of these reviews of the KEYone floating around online, I've heard nothing but good things about the 625 chip. On the All About Android podcast for the 28th they mentioned that the 600 series chips have come a long way in the past year and they've been impressed with the phones they've used using the newest 600 series chips.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up too much on the numbers. Of all the 800 series chips out there, the 808 was probably one of the worst IMHO. I'm not at all impressed with the Priv 808 performance. My Priv still gets hot at random times for no reason. It's gotten better with software updates, but I'd be lying if I said it never got hot anymore. Other phones I've used with newer 800 series chips never did that.

I for one am very excited to use and test this 625 chip. If it gives solid performance in normal day to day usage with a boost to battery life, I'm all for it. Even at the $549 price tag.
    03-02-17 11:30 AM
    OP its like comparing an audi with a 4cyl 2.0 Turbo to a chevy impala with a V6. The Audi (K1) is the better speced one out of the two
    03-02-17 11:58 AM
    There are so many negatives and problems with the Priv. It has nothing to do with processor speeds.
    03-02-17 12:12 PM
    On most of these reviews of the KEYone floating around online, I've heard nothing but good things about the 625 chip. On the All About Android podcast for the 28th they mentioned that the 600 series chips have come a long way in the past year and they've been impressed with the phones they've used using the newest 600 series chips.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up too much on the numbers. Of all the 800 series chips out there, the 808 was probably one of the worst IMHO. I'm not at all impressed with the Priv 808 performance. My Priv still gets hot at random times for no reason. It's gotten better with software updates, but I'd be lying if I said it never got hot anymore. Other phones I've used with newer 800 series chips never did that.

I for one am very excited to use and test this 625 chip. If it gives solid performance in normal day to day usage with a boost to battery life, I'm all for it. Even at the $549 price tag.
    Yeah, the 808 and 810 were a bad time for Qualcomm, 2015 was just not their year.
    03-02-17 12:23 PM
    If I remember correctly, 808 has a better GPU (I think) and better single threaded performance, while 625 has better multithreaded performance and, importantly, more power efficiency. If GPU and pure performance mattered for, let's say a game, then I think the form factor and screen would get in the way of that first.
    Gaming benchmarks show the opposite for the GPU.
    03-02-17 04:24 PM
    Gaming benchmarks show the opposite for the GPU.
    But who is buying the keyone to game really ?
    03-02-17 04:43 PM
    OP its like comparing an audi with a 4cyl 2.0 Turbo to a chevy impala with a V6. The Audi (K1) is the better speced one out of the two
    I understand your comparison, but I hate Audi, lol.

03-02-17 07:11 PM
    I think the new Nokia 3310 has a better camera than the front facing Priv cam.
    03-02-17 07:40 PM
    So does KeyOne
    03-02-17 08:04 PM
    There are so many negatives and problems with the Priv. It has nothing to do with processor speeds.
    Do you mind elaborating? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a Priv now (refurb'd off eBay) or wait until the KEYone. I'm heavily leaning towards to just getting the Priv despite being an older phone because 1) more screen real estate, 2) wireless charging.

In fact, because I went through all the trouble of doing a "neat" install of a wireless charging dock in my car and I'd really love to make use of it, the KEYone not having wireless charging is almost a deal breaker for me.
    destiny.seeker likes this.
    03-05-17 06:00 AM
    But who is buying the keyone to game really ?
    Emulators. That layout is pretty much designed for it.
    03-05-17 07:46 AM
    I use snapchat a lot to take selfies so the KEYone's 8mp front view camera appeals a lot to me. The PRIV's front view camera is only 2mp.
    03-05-17 09:22 AM
    Don't really know much about chips. Did notice the same amount of ram, so does 625 outperform 808?

Cuz in where I live, I can get a priv for like below 300usd.
    On paper yes, but due to thermal issues the CPU gets throttled when doing anything intensive so it hangs and becomes useless.

From my experience anyway
    03-06-17 12:35 PM
    The 625 has a better GPU. It has the adreno 506 vs adreno 418 in the 808. The CPU in the 625 seems to perform better for multi core scores but not as well for single core scores. The 625 gets amazing battery life compared to the 808 which has thermal issues. In other words I would get the 625 over the 808 if I could.
    03-06-17 12:52 PM
    I think the new Nokia 3310 has a better camera than the front facing Priv cam.
    You simply cannot make comments like that and expect no repercussions. That, Sir, was downright inflammatory!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 02:48 PM
26 12