hi all,

Im new to android devices and to this blackberry keyone phone. I just need the notifications to show with a notification badge (also call as spark ive realized) on the app that I have not read or opened. Like a missed call or an email message or text message or whatsapp.

I have enabled all the options on the phone but nothing seems to work.

Please help.

Sunny.
    02-28-18 12:45 AM
    It should work out of the box, have you changed the launcher?
    It is a function of the blackberry launcher!
    02-28-18 12:52 AM
    Does your phone have the latest firmware update? There's a default app called "Updates" on the home screen/app drawer that shows you the current version and will offer to update to a newer version, if available. The current firmware for various models is chronicled here: https://tclota.birth-online.de/

I experienced a bug that does not seem to be widely reported wherein the spark failed to distinguish which account had the new message: all account icons showed the spark when any account received a new message. That corresponded to an update in the launcher, afaict. It also became impossible with that version of launcher to create icons on the home screen for these accounts.

There is a thread that talks about it and where I link to *another* thread where I describe getting proper spark behavior back by uninstalling launcher updates: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...creen-1131209/

That was last Christmas-time. After some time, I allowed launcher to update and spark has kept working. There has also been one firmware update for my phone.

So, there is some commonality but idk whether it relates to your case.
    02-28-18 06:33 AM