Dear All
    I recently posted about an eBay bought water damaged Keyone. It's now fully functional (new screen and battery). However, as expected, there is a pin lock on it (major bummer). I'm assuming there is no way to get past this with a factory reset? If it doesn't work I will be selling it on eBay so if anyone wants it let me know and I'll give you the link
    04-01-19 10:06 AM
    answering my own thread, the lock was able to be bypassed by multiple failed attempts resulting in a system wipe. I think this option was remove in Oreo or if switched off within android, but luckily it worked for me ! except I broke the screen so that another (3rd) screen I need now !!
    04-02-19 05:49 AM
    Watch out, we have a masochist on our hands!
    04-02-19 06:15 AM
    indeed ! there are two screen cables connectors there, the massive one and then this tiny weeny one connection the lcd to the flexible circuit board. that came out and I couldn't slide it back in firm enough (puns aside) there is scope there for some electrical lubricant for anyone who wants a business idea !! the moral, keep an eye out for spare damaged phone on ebay !!!
    04-02-19 08:09 AM
    Well done bro, congratulations !
    04-02-19 10:43 AM