Last few days i have noticed that when i type space bar does not always register clicks. Its terribly frustrating. What can I do about this problem?
    This phone is really junk.
    Poor phone call quality, microphone muffled, wifi and bluetooth range is terrible, phone is laggy, gets hot too often, back cover partly detached itself. True chinese junk!!!!
    08-11-18 04:23 AM
    I started having this issue at one point too. It wouldn't register. But I've also had a few BB Keyboard updates since, and I haven't noticed it in a few weeks now
    08-11-18 03:11 PM
    sounds like mine almost exactly. back panel is pulling off, would probably be right off if it wasn't in a case. my space bar is hit and miss too though it seems better since the update to oero so maybe it was just a software issue but still it is not the build quality I've come to expect from blackberry. I think once I get my next upgrade I'm forever gone from blackberry
    08-11-18 04:57 PM
    Had the same issue for the past 3 weeks, very frustrating.
    08-11-18 05:30 PM
    sounds like mine almost exactly. back panel is pulling off, would probably be right off if it wasn't in a case. my space bar is hit and miss too though it seems better since the update to oero so maybe it was just a software issue but still it is not the build quality I've come to expect from blackberry. I think once I get my next upgrade I'm forever gone from blackberry
    It's basically Alcatel, not BlackBerry. Build quality is miles from the one on Passport.
    08-12-18 03:05 AM
    Had the same issue for the past 3 weeks, very frustrating.
    This might signal a software issue (hopefully). I've also noticed that sometimes the space bar on my KEYone doesn't register and input the space between words.
    08-12-18 09:42 PM
    yes, I've noticed this as of this week or so .. extremely frustrating ... space bar click and key seem okay it just won't register a space sometimes , I hope it's software , I have less than 6 months with the phone
    08-12-18 11:04 PM
    yes, I've noticed this as of this week or so .. extremely frustrating ... space bar click and key seem okay it just won't register a space sometimes , I hope it's software , I have less than 6 months with the phone
    We should all say bye bye to BlackBerry. Its gone too far with quality issues.
    08-13-18 12:52 AM
    It's basically Alcatel, not BlackBerry. Build quality is miles from the one on Passport.
    What about the Passport's screen lift issue and network SOS error?

Almost every device has its' issues.

The KEYone isn't the best, but I'm willing to bet that OP's unit is an early batch.

Later K1's are usually rock solid.
    08-13-18 05:58 AM
    What about the Passport's screen lift issue and network SOS error?

Almost every device has its' issues.

The KEYone isn't the best, but I'm willing to bet that OP's unit is an early batch.

Later K1's are usually rock solid.
    I'm the OP. And I have Keyone Black Edition bought in Germany. So its not an early batch.
    08-13-18 07:28 AM
    I'm the OP. And I have Keyone Black Edition bought in Germany. So its not an early batch.
    Can you get an exchange at the place you bought it from?
    08-13-18 07:53 AM
    Can you get an exchange at the place you bought it from?
    I live in Croatia. My friend and I bought the same phones by at Mediamrkt.de. And we have the same problems. I think its just quality control at BlackBerry. Its shameful.
    08-13-18 07:55 AM
    I live in Croatia. My friend and I bought the same phones by at Mediamrkt.de. And we have the same problems. I think its just quality control at BlackBerry. Its shameful.
    This is really weird, until now I never heard of Black Edition K1's having these types of issues.

If the spacebar issue is what bothers you the most, and you like the device, you may want to look into buying a new keyboard assembly and getting a repair shop to swap it.

If you order the Silver version (meaning with the chrome frets) you could give your K1 BE a unique look.

Again, that's if you want to bother with that
    08-13-18 09:37 AM
    This is really weird, until now I never heard of Black Edition K1's having these types of issues.

If the spacebar issue is what bothers you the most, and you like the device, you may want to look into buying a new keyboard assembly and getting a repair shop to swap it.

If you order the Silver version (meaning with the chrome frets) you could give your K1 BE a unique look.

Again, that's if you want to bother with that
    I can't even begin to number all the things that bother me about this phone.
    1. Inexplicably terrible phone call quality,
    2. bluetooth disconnecting itself,
    3. reduced wifi range,
    4. laggy performance,
    5. plastic back cover dislogged itself, 6.phone gets really hot really fast,
    7. My friends phone has different coloured hue of the screen(its yellowish),
    8. Its waaay overpriced for this junk
    9. Battery life is so bad(afternoon needs recharging),
    08-13-18 10:05 AM
    3. reduced wifi range,
    4. laggy performance,
    Seems you have a bad unit, because number 6 and 9 are something I'd hear from a Priv user
    08-13-18 11:41 AM
    The Loud speaker is a pos ....I can't hear videos or do speaker phone when say outdoors , I have to hold the dam phone to my ear to able use speakerphone ... same with YouTube videos
    08-13-18 11:44 AM
    Seems you have a bad unit, because number 6 and 9 are something I'd hear from a Priv user
    What is the chance of me and my friend both having faulty units with the same problems. I think this chinese BlackBerry tradition.
    08-13-18 12:31 PM
    3. reduced wifi range,
    4. laggy performance,
    definitely something wrong with your unit.. I have the NA launch day batch and it

runs cooler than my samsung all the time,
    bluetooth works perfect except with ONE receiver i have where it skips periodically (all others i've tried are flawless),
    call quality is excellent and clear.
    It only lags when I have 2 things running at the same time and want to to a 3rd thing like play music, maps, and want to look something up in chrome.
    My screen runs bluish to me and
    I easily get 1 1/2 days of battery life (two days if i don't watch youtube or play games)
    loudspeaker is louder than my samsung, more crackly/tinny but definitely louder.

the back and front hasn't dislodged or fallen out.. granted i keep it in a ringke case, however.
    08-13-18 12:39 PM
    definitely something wrong with your unit.. I have the NA launch day batch and it

runs cooler than my samsung all the time,
    bluetooth works perfect except with ONE receiver i have where it skips periodically (all others i've tried are flawless),
    call quality is excellent and clear.
    It only lags when I have 2 things running at the same time and want to to a 3rd thing like play music, maps, and want to look something up in chrome.
    My screen runs bluish to me and
    I easily get 1 1/2 of battery life
    loudspeaker is louder than my samsung, more crackly/tinny but definitely louder.

the back and front hasn't dislodged or fallen out.. granted i keep it in a ringke case, however.
    I would really get past ALL of this if it werent such bad call quality. It bothers me so much. People think I am ******** when talking to them. They dont hear me and I dont hear them.
    08-13-18 12:41 PM
    I would really get past ALL of this if it werent such bad call quality. It bothers me so much. People think I am ******** when talking to them. They dont hear me and I dont hear them.
    I'd get the keyboard fixed then sell it as a working phone or just sell it as is
    08-13-18 01:17 PM
    is anyone still experiencing space bar issue after oreo ? is there a way to find out if it's hardware or software related ? I already cleared cache and data and still seem to have problem
    08-29-18 10:59 AM
    i ve been experiencing this for the last week and tried turning off keyboard stuff. it looks like a software problem cause it doesnt happen all the time. it is pretty annoying. i will try reset/format the phone for the first time after using it for a year without any problems at all.
    09-17-18 12:03 AM
    I'm still experiencing it occasionally, it seems to happen more often when I don't use the phone much. As odd as it sounds, once it's warmed up after a hard day's use, I rarely see the issue. Leave it alone all night and the next morning and I'll see it show up again. Maybe it's something to do with the way I type...

I hope it's software related in any case, as everything else works perfectly, so I don't want to have to go through the whole warranty process just for this...

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    dan99x99 likes this.
    09-19-18 01:43 PM
    i ve been experiencing this for the last week and tried turning off keyboard stuff. it looks like a software problem cause it doesnt happen all the time. it is pretty annoying. i will try reset/format the phone for the first time after using it for a year without any problems at all.
    Please tell me how it goes and if the issue is fixed, I refuse to go that route
    09-22-18 05:27 PM
    did anyone continue to experience this issue ? I finally took the plunge and a new unit should be arriving for me soon after contacting bbmo support for an exchange
    01-16-19 12:22 AM