If you're comfortable waiting, and might regret your purchase when the new phone is available, then wait. I'm comfortable that the KEYone with 3/32 will last me the 3-4 years I keep a phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I definitely agree but the concern with that is there's been no official announcement of the Oct phone...
    09-01-17 11:31 PM
    I definitely agree but the concern with that is there's been no official announcement of the Oct phone...
    Well at least by then the K1 will probably drop in price.
    bbafdad likes this.
    09-01-17 11:32 PM
    Well at least by then the K1 will probably drop in price.
    You're definitely not wrong but I want to take advantage before it's not offered anymore on my carrier since blackberry phones seem to be exclusively offered for a short time
    09-01-17 11:47 PM
    It has the same specs as the silver one. I'm getting the silver one, looks much better.
    It has more RAM and more Internal Memory than the silves. Trust me on this, in Android you want the best specs possible for futureproofing. The silver KEYone won't be so good in a year's time with a measly 3GB RAM.
    09-02-17 12:28 AM
    If you're comfortable waiting, and might regret your purchase when the new phone is available, then wait. I'm comfortable that the KEYone with 3/32 will last me the 3-4 years I keep a phone.

This is Android mate, lol.

I'll be interested to read your experience in a year's time when the KEYone has Oreo, on those specs.
    09-02-17 12:36 AM
    Order in on Sept 1st for the wify. That will be her 1st smart phone. She must have a physical keyboard and she had no idea its coming. That's going to be interesting 😂
    09-02-17 07:03 AM
    It has more RAM and more Internal Memory than the silves. Trust me on this, in Android you want the best specs possible for futureproofing. The silver KEYone won't be so good in a year's time with a measly 3GB RAM.
    My comment was about the USA-exclusive K1 BE that is 3/32. You're right, the European one is upgraded. I'm still going to buy the silver one. No, I don't need anything more. If you know how to use your device, you don't need "the best specs". My Android tablet is 4 years old, heavily used as for my needs, and it's still doing very well.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-17 07:19 AM
    My comment was about the USA-exclusive K1 BE that is 3/32. You're right, the European one is upgraded. I'm still going to buy the silver one. No, I don't need anything more. If you know how to use your device, you don't need "the best specs". My Android tablet is 4 years old, heavily used as for my needs, and it's still doing very well.
    I do know how to use my device, I am a heavy user, back in 2014 3GB RAM with 32GB + 128GB MicroSD were great for me, but its 2017 now, I need atleast 4GB RAM and 64GB storage + 128GB MicroSD.

Shopping around for a 200 or 256GB MicroSD though.
    09-02-17 07:51 AM
    This is Android mate, lol.

I'll be interested to read your experience in a year's time when the KEYone has Oreo, on those specs.
    I hear you, but my attitude is that, if Android is that bloated and inefficient, I will just use my KEYone like I do my BB10 phones, for messaging in the Hub and for occasional Web browsing, and I'll invest the money in one of the new cellular PCs arriving starting in December.

I'm very, very unimpressed with the state of mobile apps. The "freemium" model has led to a cycle of endless notifications, needless downloads, unitasker apps, and a horrible lack of interoperability between apps.

I would rather pay more money money for professionally designed apps and less for hardware, like I do in Windows, where I spend $3-4K for a top notch mobile workstation every 3-4 years, and $3K a year for software, including subscriptions. But all my Windows programs can exchange data without difficulty, unlike most mobile apps.

Compared to my Windows PCs, Android's limited functionality isn't worth a net investment of more than about $$150 per year. If my KEYone, with solid midrange specs, is obsolete in a year or two, I will have learned my lesson, and find a better solution.

eldeadache and FF22 like this.
    09-02-17 08:35 AM
84 ... 234