I really hope they've got their inventory and logistics dialed in this time. It would suck if AT&T stocks out on low volumes.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-24-17 01:58 PM
    anyone know if this will be receiving carrier updates or straight from bbmobile like the priv?
    portplayer likes this.
    08-24-17 01:59 PM
    anyone know if this will be receiving carrier updates or straight from bbmobile like the priv?
    It's a good question. My guess is carrier updates, but I also think carriers are getting better at monthly patches.

08-24-17 02:01 PM
    Any hopes that Verizon will also carry KeyOne?
    08-24-17 02:10 PM
    Any hopes that Verizon will also carry KeyOne?
    No. If there was, BlackBerry Mobile wouldn't have wasted time and effort on a CDMA unlocked version. They would have just released a version on Verizon.
    08-24-17 02:14 PM
    No. If there was, BlackBerry Mobile wouldn't have wasted time and effort on a CDMA unlocked version.
    BB Ltd. still wastes time and effort on VZW OEM partitions, funny enough.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-24-17 02:15 PM
    welp, looks like I'll be selling my unlocked KeyOne shortly. ATT software the possibly delayed updates is ok with me for that all black. I'd rather go into a store and get it, but doesn't sound like that's going to be an option.
    08-24-17 02:18 PM
    Silver looks way better. Only reason I'd get a black one is for the better specs but unfortunately not a factor here.
    08-24-17 02:21 PM
    Silver looks way better. Only reason I'd get a black one is for the better specs but unfortunately not a factor here.
    Agreed although I like all black stuff, but with the same specs as the silver, just not worth it!!! I"m going to stick with my silver K1!!!
    cbosdell likes this.
    08-24-17 02:26 PM
    This is great news for those of us on AT&T with unlocked versions.

So question, should we expect things like HD voice and wifi calling etc to start working on September 1st? Or will we need to call AT&T to get something adjusted on the network side?

And is there any risk those features would only work on the AT&T branded ones? Or rather, once they support the key one they will support all of them?

Cheers
    -C
    portplayer likes this.
    08-24-17 03:55 PM
    welp, looks like I'll be selling my unlocked KeyOne shortly. ATT software the possibly delayed updates is ok with me for that all black. I'd rather go into a store and get it, but doesn't sound like that's going to be an option.
    What makes you say going into a store to get it isn't an option?
    08-24-17 04:22 PM
    Agreed, the two-tone is so much more unique than blending in with all of the other all black phones out there...
    08-24-17 04:36 PM
    Will it not be in the stores?
    What makes you say going into a store to get it isn't an option?
    08-24-17 05:42 PM
    This is great news. Wife has been on my butt about the K1. Let's hope there will be plenty to go around.....

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-24-17 05:45 PM
    Agreed, the two-tone is so much more unique than blending in with all of the other all black phones out there...
    I like the two tone, but black is always better because it's, well, black!

Example:

citystars41 likes this.
    08-24-17 05:50 PM
    It has the same specs as the silver one. I'm getting the silver one, looks much better.
    I agree, the silver sets it off. Makes more of an impression. The all black is "meh".
    08-24-17 05:53 PM
    Exactly people don't get too excited it's just a facelift! All internal specs same as silver!!
    Where can you read that?

Soooo stupid of TCL if true. Did they maybe do this as to not hurt early buyers' feelings? (which would be silly as technology moves forward every single day).

I can understand how dual-sim would not be manageable in the US/Canada, but also stripping the device from that 64GB and 4GB is pretty frustrating.

One would think they would release this device as an upgraded version like the "s series" from Apple every other year.

I still hope that NL/Germany/EU will get Dual sim/4GB/64GB!
    In EU you don't have so many roaming interests from different parties like in the US. There are no roaming charges across EU and there are already quite some dual-sim phones for sale here. So, it would make sense to include it in Black KeyOne's here in EU.
    08-24-17 06:02 PM
    Just wondering if this will be an Online only deal.....If so i guess the wife will need to get on the AT&T website to try and grab one before they sale out.
    08-24-17 06:10 PM
    I'm having a BlackBerry meltdown. I've bought every single BlackBerry device and accessory since '08 (yes, I have issues) and I feel like I need this in my life. BUT, the idea of having to endure ATT bloatware makes me feel like throwing up. I really hope to get my BlackBerry stained hands on the Indian version soon. Ugh. I should start smoking crack and I'd probably save more money.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-24-17 06:33 PM
    This is great news for those of us on AT&T with unlocked versions.

So question, should we expect things like HD voice and wifi calling etc to start working on September 1st? Or will we need to call AT&T to get something adjusted on the network side?

And is there any risk those features would only work on the AT&T branded ones? Or rather, once they support the key one they will support all of them?

Cheers
    -C
    Chances are very slim they'll start supporting the unlocked version. Only their branded models.
    08-24-17 06:33 PM
    I agree, the silver sets it off. Makes more of an impression. The all black is "meh".
    Agreed but cobalt blue--yeah!
    08-24-17 06:48 PM
    Thinking about getting the Space Black but worried about how delayed updates by carrier will be. Used to be several months difference between unlocked and carrier branded BB versions.
    08-24-17 07:49 PM
    is the space black the same color as the limited edition black?
    08-24-17 07:51 PM
    Really? I can't believe this. Now ATT wants to carry the KEYone. Well, had I known this in May I likely still woulda got it the when I did, lol. The black is just a heart breaker tho. Woulda loved having the black version
    08-24-17 08:15 PM
    Where can you read that?

Soooo stupid of TCL if true. Did they maybe do this as to not hurt early buyers' feelings? (which would be silly as technology moves forward every single day).

I can understand how dual-sim would not be manageable in the US/Canada, but also stripping the device from that 64GB and 4GB is pretty frustrating.

One would think they would release this device as an upgraded version like the "s series" from Apple every other year.

I still hope that NL/Germany/EU will get Dual sim/4GB/64GB!
    In EU you don't have so many roaming interests from different parties like in the US. There are no roaming charges across EU and there are already quite some dual-sim phones for sale here. So, it would make sense to include it in Black KeyOne's here in EU.
    The Indian version with 64GB internal memory would be a downgrade for me as I have a 128GB memory card. The dual SIM thing means no room for a memory card, that's why the extra amount of internal memory is needed... However, I would LOVE to have 4GB RAM as this thing keeps closing my open apps all willy-nilly
    08-24-17 08:30 PM
84 1234