Anyone know if there's any trick to make this happen? It's obvious that muscle memory wise, the K1's spacebar that doubles as a fingerprint sensor, should triple as a home key. It seemed so obvious that TCL would implement this, seems easy.
    10-01-17 03:36 AM
    Yeah I'd like this but expect its not possible (without rooting the device) to achieve.
    10-01-17 04:16 AM
    There maybe some apps in Google Play that can help you do this. I have never used them other than bxActions that is made for SS phones.
    10-01-17 07:03 AM
    There maybe some apps in Google Play that can help you do this. I have never used them other than bxActions that is made for SS phones.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b7598fc05.jpg
    Actually I just tried the button remapper but the problem is that once I set "single click" the space bar to go home, when on any app trying to type, it will exit the app if you press space even while typing lol
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 07:28 AM
    Actually I just tried the button remapper but the problem is that once I set "single click" the space bar to go home, when on any app trying to type, it will exit the app if you press space even while typing lol
    Oh gosh 😂
    Yeah, may require to be set as a long press action, lol.
    10-01-17 07:30 AM
    Anyone know if there's any trick to make this happen? It's obvious that muscle memory wise, the K1's spacebar that doubles as a fingerprint sensor, should triple as a home key. It seemed so obvious that TCL would implement this, seems easy.
    Try the little omnipresent white circle above the keyboard. It works quite well.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 09:14 AM
    Try the little omnipresent white circle above the keyboard. It works quite well.
    It's funny because while it is omnipresent (how often can one use that word?), I, too, seem to gravitate to the spacebar to Go-Home. My screen is on, I'm in an app and I touch the spacebar to go-home.
    10-01-17 10:44 AM
    It's funny because while it is omnipresent (how often can one use that word?), I, too, seem to gravitate to the spacebar to Go-Home. My screen is on, I'm in an app and I touch the spacebar to go-home.
    Understandable, a lot of devices still use them so lots of people will probably reach for it subconsciously. Also, the capacitive buttons on the K1 also dim along with the keyboard (even though they are still fully functional) so they can easily be forgotten as an option when one reaches out for that 'home button'.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 11:29 AM
    I have done with her button remapper. long press goes to home.
    10-01-17 12:05 PM
    You can set the timing of the press for the space bar to activate. You can set it to 0.5s, 1.0s etc..
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 08:52 PM
    I chuckled while reading this thread. The physical home button was one of the things I really hated with the iphone4 after I got my Playbook and got used to swiping up. When I got my tab4 I had grown so used to not having a physical home button (by now I had a z10) that I had to install a few apps so I could use the swipe features on the tab4 to get to the home screen, even with a physical home button available to me (I just really couldn't get bring myself around to having to do that physical button pushing anymore - it was just really awkward).

I have now grown somewhat used to the physical home button on my tab4, but still extremely dislike it, and drive myself crazy with the apple physical home button when ever having to do something on the apple devices in my house that are owned by others.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-01-17 09:26 PM
    There maybe some apps in Google Play that can help you do this. I have never used them other than bxActions that is made for SS phones.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b7598fc05.jpg
    I installed the first one because the second one wasn't available and it asked for weird permission I gave it and it worked as a long press but I couldn't do a short press to put space between words so I deleted it
    10-03-17 06:08 AM
    Sorry, I'm confused. If the space bar is the "home" how do you make a space? Why would you want this?
    10-03-17 06:32 AM
    Sorry, I'm confused. If the space bar is the "home" how do you make a space? Why would you want this?
    Well, it looks as if some folks are looking for an app that might help make it work.

As for why, well, I don't necessarily want it but I have found myself doing it. Maybe it's because I use the Finger Print unlock so I also tap it to Go Home. It is a habit I will eventually break because, frankly, I don't want to have to think long-press or short-press to make it work as a normal spacebar.
    10-03-17 10:23 AM
    I actually mapped the SYM key as a Home button (Long Press) with Button Remapper. Works very well.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 09:17 PM
    I actually mapped the SYM key as a Home button (Long Press) with Button Remapper. Works very well.
    But then when you actually want to use the sym key when typing to pop the virtual keyboard out, does it work? Even on short press?
    10-04-17 04:47 AM
    But then when you actually want to use the sym key when typing to pop the virtual keyboard out, does it work? Even on short press?
    Yes. It takes some getting used to but it works.
    10-04-17 11:00 AM