10-03-17 11:22 AM
81 123 ...
tools
    It seems from the many people that I have spoken to, I am about the only person I know that is excited about the KEYone being launched. Local carrier MTN cannot even confirm if they will be keeping the phone. Anyone else from South Africa

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 04:48 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry @Baqir Chohan!

Yeah, I'm very excited for the KEYone launch. I might be one of the very few who purchase one but everyone else is just missing out. I haven't heard anything from Vodacom, Cell C or MTN about stock. Earliest would probably be around July maybe August. (± 3 Months) after US launch. If they even carry it. But lets stay positive and hope its soon.
    05-04-17 09:57 AM
    Also can't wait - and there's so much silence from the SP's... Almost at the point of ordering in from overseas...
    05-05-17 03:27 AM
    Hi all!

I'm in the Bellville area (Western Cape). In 2015, when the Passport launched, Game & Dion Wired were the first to stock. I pre-ordered mine through Game.

Also, was about to check on Orange, but then saw they shut down last November. Will check takealot next...

I'll report back when I hear any sounds. Enjoy the wait. Sucks reading about the others in the UK lol!
    05-05-17 08:47 AM
    Thank you. I have checked with MTN, and they have all but given me a standard response. All I hear is check the press for details. I really tried using a full touch screen and it just doesn't work for me. Currently using a Classic. I am not too much into apps, mostly whatsapp and Bbm for me. Its the pkb that attracts me. Was going for the Priv initially till I found out in December about the KEYone. My current contract is due for an upgrade, but I will keep being patient till it finally hits our shores, hopefully by June

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 05:32 PM
    I too are waiting in anticipation!

Wish the SP's want to give us some info on availability!
    05-07-17 04:51 PM
    It seems from the many people that I have spoken to, I am about the only person I know that is excited about the KEYone being launched. Local carrier MTN cannot even confirm if they will be keeping the phone. Anyone else from South Africa

Posted via CB10
    You are not alone - i have extended my upgrade for almost 3 months now - seems the Keyone will be in South Africa in June, thinking MTN and Vodacom would be the first to get it.
    05-09-17 09:47 AM
    I'm very impressed to see so many South African fans here. Definitely is a good sign that the KEYone has the potential to do very well.

As other have said and including people I have spoken to. Some Android users would really love a keyboard device again but no company makes one. So this is BlackBerry Mobile's time to shine and hopefully local pricing will be on point. It has to be a fair bit cheaper than the S8 in order to grab attention.

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-11-17 12:41 AM
    Priv owner here ,

Jhb based ,

Vodacom is my carrier and iv owned a priv since December Launch ,

Definitely getting the keyone,

Think it's the last blackberry device that will come to the country as Samsung , Huawei and lg have taken over lol.

MTN normally carries blackberry first , don't think cellc will carry it , vodacom will come in last , and we can scratch Telkom and fnb out

But crap thing is it will launch at like r599 per month on contract and at that price you can get an s7 edge or lg g6 and what not,

Will buy one cash if it's reasonable. Also waiting!
    05-14-17 11:26 AM
    Who is doing BB support here now, does anyone know? Not holding out too much hope for the local SPs, there are UK vendors who are willing to deliver to SA at reasonable prices - but, not willing to take the risk if there will be no support here
    05-15-17 12:15 PM
    Who is doing BB support here now, does anyone know? Not holding out too much hope for the local SPs, there are UK vendors who are willing to deliver to SA at reasonable prices - but, not willing to take the risk if there will be no support here
    No support .

Standard carrier support if your device fails, meaning they will just replace it or try to fix.
    05-21-17 03:26 AM
    I should be getting my keyone by the end of this week. Can't wait.
    05-21-17 03:40 AM
    Already purchased Dtek60. Nice phone, unfortunately, was stolen. Want to go back to pkb
    05-21-17 05:21 AM
    Just been informed that I will have my keyone by Tuesday or Wednesday this week
    05-21-17 10:39 AM
    Already purchased Dtek60. Nice phone, unfortunately, was stolen. Want to go back to pkb
    I usually track absolutely everything I purchase and always get insurance just in case. BlackBerry products are very special to me and can't have things going missing

I was getting a DTEK60 skin delivered (no tracking) Aaand it never arrived. So back to tracking everything again. Never been a problem and always arrives quickly

Just a shame the postal service is so terrible we need to track things to make sure items don't grow legs and go somewhere else. Hopefully things will improve.

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-21-17 04:24 PM
    I have very good insurance. Lost my BlackBerry Passport in Istanbul, they paid me out in November last year. And when I imported the Dtek60 and it was stolen this year. No questions asked, they paid me out. So, no concerns. None of my BlackBerry phones have broken, 9700, Z10, Z30, Passport and Dtek60.

Looking forward to getting my keyone this week. Miss my Passport
    05-21-17 04:35 PM
    My new keyone
    Attached Thumbnails South Africa KEYone Waiting Room-img-20170523-wa0004.jpg  
    Matty likes this.
    05-24-17 03:30 PM
    My new keyone
    Lucky!! 😃

So it's been about 3 days now, have you settled in nicely? Have your charged the KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet? Haha. Quite possible that it's still going. Are you from South Africa? If so, you are probably one of the first 5 people to own one.
    05-27-17 10:53 AM
    Actually two phones, one for me and the other for my sister. Yes, South Africa. Have not had a chance to start it up, long story. Will update as soon as I get back home.
    05-27-17 11:04 AM
    Anybody have any news from the networks regarding the KEYone availability in South Africa

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 05:52 PM
    I am so jealous right now...
    05-30-17 02:06 PM
    Actually two phones, one for me and the other for my sister. Yes, South Africa. Have not had a chance to start it up, long story. Will update as soon as I get back home.
    Congrats on your devices!

Please advise to how you ordered (from where). Also, your network & how your devices are performing.

Take care!
    06-02-17 05:00 AM
    Hi all. Anybody else purchase/order a K1?

Or have any news on availability locally.
    06-02-17 05:03 AM
    Mtn stopped replying to my emails. I think they are getting sick of me now. As yet, and I have spoke to quite a few stores over the past two months, non of the sales persons has even heard of the KEYone, which is quite sad. My contract with MTN was due for renewal in February. I have been waiting rather patiently for the phone to come to South Africa and it would be a shame if I had to wait for another two months.
    Reading whats happening in the USA, there is a likely possibility that we could only be getting the phone by August.
    If anyone has any leads from the other networks, then please do post here

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 04:01 PM
    Yippee

Vodacom 7 July

Pre-order - cellucity.co.za
    06-07-17 10:36 AM
81 123 ...