06-28-17 11:28 PM
34 12
tools
    Amazon.de has deleted KEYone from the official Amazon store. Only available from other sellers. There might be something to it.

And that would be the right move. Complete recall is impossible, but they really should avoid selling any more of these faulty units or they'll just end up sending as many replacement units as sold ones.
    Last edited by eldeadache; 06-27-17 at 03:46 AM.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-27-17 03:32 AM
    By the way, anyone who ordered the KeyOne from amazon did you get a similar delivery date like mine? Where they say you'll receive it by June 27-30 (3 day grace period)? And did the phone come on the first day (27) or the other days? I'm curious, and waiting impatiently for my K1

Posted via CB10
    Ordered mine off of Amazon the day after they went on sale. Came way earlier than they originally indicated.
    06-27-17 09:13 AM
    Simply because of the industry I operate in I know 'pros' like the ones BB like to think as their demographic. Out of all of them, those with a KEYone have had no screen lift issues as far as I can discern, and out of everyone I know in the 'civilian' world who own the device the results are the same. Even a cursory glance at various Android and/or BB forums proves that the screen lift issue is limited to one batch of devices. therefore a mere blip on the grand scale of manufacturing.

Having said that:

A full stock recall? Unlikely and extremely unnecessary;

A case by case return/replace program? Of course this makes sense, but this being a BlackBerry forum this reasonable approach is bound to excite the masses.

And this from someone who finds the KEYone meh at best.
    06-27-17 05:07 PM
    Calgary. The Core. Chinook just sold their last one today but hopefully will have more this week.

I think the idea that the KEYone is being recalled is false. We've seen a few people post unsubstantiated rumors here a couple times.

I was just at a Telus store near the Core in Calgary. The manager was giving me such garbage about how BlackBerry wasn't supporting the Priv or the DTEK models when it came to warranty and he didn't recommended the Keyone.

When I told him that this model was made by TCL/Alcatel/BlackBerry Mobile he told me that they were the same brand that made Priv the same issue. He was telling a lot of garbage but was trying to warn me in advance. I really hope the carrier support continues because it's sad to see this type of garbage.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 06:01 PM
    I was just at a Telus store near the Core in Calgary. The manager was giving me such garbage about how BlackBerry wasn't supporting the Priv or the DTEK models when it came to warranty and he didn't recommended the Keyone.

When I told him that this model was made by TCL/Alcatel/BlackBerry Mobile he told me that they were the same brand that made Priv the same issue. He was telling a lot of garbage but was trying to warn me in advance. I really hope the carrier support continues because it's sad to see this type of garbage.

Posted via CB10
    Did they have any in stock?
    06-27-17 06:20 PM
    Did they have any in stock?

He told me that it was a device that needed to be ordered in and they would need a deposit in order to do so.

It's strange because I suspect that location is a corporate or business location and not a consumer location. Regardless they didn't have any in stock and the vibe I got from him was to steer me away from that phone. The utter lies and misinformation was unique because I had never experienced that with a carrier before. Lots of Crackberry users would mention it in the forums when shopping for phones, mostly in the US and for BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 06:24 PM
    Ya very sad
    06-27-17 06:25 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the Buy KeyOne link on CB's web site has removed the Amazon and Best Buy links? Not referring to the very front page which are the older links, but the upper right hand corner of the "Buy KeyOne" drop down menu when viewing the posts?
    06-28-17 11:06 AM
    So has the blackberrymobile website - you can only preregister now.
    06-28-17 11:28 PM
34 12