Just got off the phone with Telus. I'm waiting on a replacement device and on a new KEYone for a new line. I got an email last week that the new line would be August 20 eta, but I was calling about the replacement KEYone. He said they had no stock now and it looked like they had sent all their stock back to TCL to be tested so my replacement device which was supposed to be on the way is delayed now too.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-26-17 04:18 PM
    If this is true then they deserve credit for doing this.
    06-26-17 04:48 PM
    Ya. My replacement was supposed to have shipped last week. They had stock still.
    If anybody is talking to Bell or Rogers, see if you can get an indication if they're in the same boat. They probably don't like to tell you that kind of info, but I have a pretty good relationship with Telus

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 04:54 PM
    That would be the correct thing to do. I think only Carriers are being served with recalls because they have to support and replace themselves. Good chance these will end up at Amazon for sale.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-26-17 04:56 PM
    Doubt it. Amazon just got more in today for same day shipping.
    06-26-17 05:04 PM
    Probably my Telus one they just sent back darnit lol

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    06-26-17 05:09 PM
    Called a few Rogers stores. Some still had a couple.
    06-26-17 05:42 PM
    I just bought one of the Amazon restocks and will be comparing the serial number to the one I returned. Screen hadn't come off yet but the seam where the screen joins the frame had gotten noticably wider on the right side, and the lower right in particular. No other issues with my launch unit but I was inside the return window so I figured I'd see if maybe I'd get an "improved" TCL batch.
    06-26-17 05:53 PM
    if it is really true they are taking back inventory to TCL it is really impressive to see a big corporate do the right thing. I doubt the US carriers or TCL direct would do the same. I suspect they are just betting on a small enough percentage of users being aware of the manufacturing defects that they'll take a chance and assume anyone who drops their phone will be blamed for their screen falling off due to damage rather than defective manufacturing.

probably the potential for a recall if they every get enough units to fulfill initial demand. seems like they should make some kind of statement regarding screengate beyond "we are looking into using more glue"

if there are any real journalists left at crackberry maybe an article or two would be worthwhile but I think we have just been left with fluffers and chearleaders.
    06-26-17 07:29 PM
    Doubt it. Amazon just got more in today for same day shipping.
    Dammit, I ordered mine last week Thursday and the earliest it can come is June 27-30. That's bull.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 07:51 PM
    Just got off the phone with Telus. I'm waiting on a replacement device and on a new KEYone for a new line. I got an email last week that the new line would be August 20 eta, but I was calling about the replacement KEYone. He said they had no stock now and it looked like they had sent all their stock back to TCL to be tested so my replacement device which was supposed to be on the way is delayed now too.
    It's okay. This is the first Android phone TCL has ever made. We should cut them some slack. Right? /s

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-26-17 07:54 PM
    By the way, anyone who ordered the KeyOne from amazon did you get a similar delivery date like mine? Where they say you'll receive it by June 27-30 (3 day grace period)? And did the phone come on the first day (27) or the other days? I'm curious, and waiting impatiently for my K1

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 07:54 PM
    Same here. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Must be true what they say; Patience is a virtue.
    Livermore likes this.
    06-26-17 07:56 PM
    I actually just ordered mine this morning from Amazon and it included free next day shipping. Will be here tomorrow afternoon.
    06-26-17 08:55 PM
    It's okay. This is the first Android phone TCL has ever made. We should cut them some slack. Right? /s

You're kidding, right? They sell burners at walmart & such under their name and alcatel brand for years...
    gnirkatto likes this.
    06-26-17 09:02 PM
    You're kidding, right? They sell burners at walmart & such under their name and alcatel brand for years...
    I was being sarcastic. Doesn't always translate well over forums.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-17 09:09 PM
    I was being sarcastic. Doesn't always translate well over forums.

Wait, what? Sarcasm on CB forums!! Heaven forbid!
    06-26-17 09:18 PM
    Save mars.
    Attached Thumbnails Sounds like possible Stock Recall-total_recall.jpg  
    06-26-17 09:21 PM
    Called a few Rogers stores. Some still had a couple.
    Where?!
    06-26-17 09:47 PM
    Calgary. The Core. Chinook just sold their last one today but hopefully will have more this week.

I think the idea that the KEYone is being recalled is false. We've seen a few people post unsubstantiated rumors here a couple times.
    06-26-17 09:51 PM
    Dammit, I ordered mine last week Thursday and the earliest it can come is June 27-30. That's bull.

Posted via CB10
    Those dates are this week.
    06-26-17 09:56 PM
    In Canada we cannot buy so-called burner phones without government issued identification. Prepaid credit cards are the same way. All in the name of public safety. Now that is real moose manure.
    06-26-17 10:00 PM
    Calgary. The Core. Chinook just sold their last one today but hopefully will have more this week.

I think the idea that the KEYone is being recalled is false. We've seen a few people post unsubstantiated rumors here a couple times.
    That's why I said "Possible Recall". All i know is what they tell me. Last week I had a delivery date of this week for 2 KEYone's and now that's pushed back to August and Customer Service tells me they sent their phones back to TCL for testing.

Stores may not have been required to return their stock to be sent back. They told me some Telus stores may have stock too. But I suspect if you talked to Rogers or Bell on the phone, they would tell you the same thing, not phoning a store but phoning your carrier direct.
    06-26-17 10:09 PM
    In Canada we cannot buy so-called burner phones without government issued identification. Prepaid credit cards are the same way. All in the name of public safety. Now that is real moose manure.
    Just get'm in detroit...
    06-26-17 10:22 PM
    Those dates are this week.
    I'm aware lol, what I was trying to get at was literally right after I bought the phone last week TCL restocked with the option to pay in $110 increments for 5 months and overnight shipping. But it's all G, I've been waiting for this damn phone since July 2016 when the first renders popped up on the interwebz.. I just want this damn phone in my palms already. Hopefully today is the day it arrives!!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 01:44 AM
34 12