Hi all,

First time poster on the forums, owner of a PPSE and PRIV, and looking forward to the KEYone. Question I had for you fortunate owners is what's the sound quality like? Output from the headphone jack and over Bluetooth? Have you tired it with Bluetooth or external speakers? Music is pretty important to me so want to know what it's like.

If there is a similar thread already, my apologies, I didn't a search but could not find something similar.

Thanks in advance!
    05-02-17 06:02 AM
    I asked the same questions to one of the "unboxing" reviewers. No reply yet. @crackberrykevin will also be giving a more detailed review soon.
    05-02-17 10:58 AM
    The music quality you hear will depend on what you connect to the KEYone.
    05-02-17 11:09 AM
    What about call quality with HD voice? As good as BB10 devices like Z30 or Passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 11:23 AM
    How loud is the Keyone at max volume compared to the passport? I have to use my speakerphone in some noisy environments and that's important to me. The passport works reasonbly well in this regard, but I worry that the keyone just wont be loud enough to suit my needs?
    05-02-17 11:56 AM
    Hmm, guess I'll have to wait for the reviews to roll in then, might take a gander to Selfridges to get hands on and see if they'll let me connect my headphones for a quick test!
    05-02-17 12:22 PM
    Totally understand. I enjoy my twin speakers on the Passport. I have another device with a single speaker. Not as happy with the sound quality on that one.
    But wait and see...maybe the early testers will chime in soon.
    05-02-17 03:49 PM
    See below. Your actual KEYᵒⁿᵉ audio experience may vary.

05-05-17 08:10 AM
    So this speaker is pretty much garbage for anything other than speakerphone calls.
    05-05-17 08:40 AM
    So this speaker is pretty much garbage for anything other than speakerphone calls.
    Vorrect
    05-09-17 07:44 AM
    I came from Passport to KEYone, I must admit the speaker phone is not loud. Bit disappointing.
    05-09-17 07:20 PM
    I came from Passport to KEYone, I must admit the speaker phone is not loud. Bit disappointing.
    In fairness every spesker is disappointing after Passport! Great speakers!
    05-09-17 07:23 PM
    In fairness every spesker is disappointing after Passport! Great speakers!
    No worries guys, they'll get everything right in the KEYthree
    05-09-17 10:07 PM
    The reviewer said the speaker is 'good enough' not 'garbage' and not premium.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 10:47 PM
    9900 had an amazingly loud speaker and earpiece. Q10 was just about as good, but slightly less. Classic is worse yet, but still serviceable and good enough. I almost always need the volume fully up when doing a conference call on speakerphone.

If KEYone speaker is any worse than the Classic for conference calls, then that is a major deal breaker. I use it every single day and the Classic already leaves me wanting better.

Would love to hear a comparison of Classic, KEYone, Priv, etc. speaker quality/volume using a voice sample to simulate a phone call.

 C L A S S I C
    Last edited by mvsalvino; 05-11-17 at 12:04 AM.
    05-10-17 12:09 AM
    anyone know if there are any apps that can help improve the sound quality. like the DTEK60 came w/ the Maxx Audio. that helped a lot for music and videos. if there is an app in Google Play, I hope it is quality and not littered w/ in-app purchases or ads. I tried downloading a version of Maxx Audio but the dial settings functions do not work. Had to delete.
    06-11-17 05:26 PM
    I am growing fond of the VLC app. It has an equalizer built in and does play quite loudly. Try it out for both your own music and videos.
    06-11-17 05:45 PM
    I am growing fond of the VLC app. It has an equalizer built in and does play quite loudly. Try it out for both your own music and videos.
    Thank you. Downloaded VLC and will try it out. So far I cannot find a way to access SD card. I've given it Storage access. Nothing in the settings or directories.
    06-11-17 06:09 PM
    Your SD card should be recognized automatically and you'll have access to all your media. Works well for video too.
    06-11-17 06:28 PM
    hmm... it's been hour glassing over an hour already in both video and audio. tried linking the directory but can't see the SD card.
    06-11-17 07:34 PM
    hmm... it's been hour glassing over an hour already in both video and audio. tried linking the directory but can't see the SD card.
    I just checked my settings on VLC and yes it is kind of strange but look at the last line in the attached picture... that is my SD card.
    Attached Thumbnails Sound quality on KEYone-49069.jpg  
    06-11-17 07:54 PM
    Hi all,

First time poster on the forums, owner of a PPSE and PRIV, and looking forward to the KEYone. Question I had for you fortunate owners is what's the sound quality like? Output from the headphone jack and over Bluetooth? Have you tired it with Bluetooth or external speakers? Music is pretty important to me so want to know what it's like.

If there is a similar thread already, my apologies, I didn't a search but could not find something similar.

Thanks in advance!
    It's pretty loud! I use plantronics Go2 for my bt headset. And use QJAYS for my iem's. And all have pretty loud output!
    06-11-17 08:16 PM