550$ USD for a repackaged Priv

At that price there are so many better phones with better specs... Are they ********? As soon as I heard the price, I got so angry.

THIS IS 299$ PHONE AT BEST.
    02-25-17 12:49 PM
    Agreed! Very disappointing.

At that price there are so many better phones with better specs... Are they ********? As soon as I heard the price, I got so angry.

02-25-17 12:50 PM
    Go back to BGR
    LEt us here enjoy our BB's
    nolimits7 and Jasonn Brantley like this.
    02-25-17 12:51 PM

Nothing to see here, bye
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-25-17 12:51 PM
    Thats the beginning of the end!!
    02-25-17 12:52 PM
    Go back to BGR
    LEt us here enjoy our BB's
    I have a Priv and I was thinking of upgrading to this phone, after seeing the price and specs.. It's robbery. It's not an upgrade and the price is twice as much.
    Seriously? It's NOT a PRIV. It is what it is and personally I think it's awesome. Price will drop in time. Form factor, battery life....and I'm a BlackBerry fanboy of the worst type...and I have money to spend....yeah.
    ariandax and Bay 13 like this.
    I have a Priv and I was thinking of upgrading to this phone, after seeing the price and specs.. It's robbery. It's not an upgrade and the price is twice as much.
    It is a upgrade, better SoC, wayyy better cameras, going to have 10 hours SoT , way better keyboard too
    Bay 13 likes this.
    02-25-17 12:53 PM
    Didn't they say this would be available in 6 months from September? This SHOULD be available March 1st...
    reich2004 likes this.
    02-25-17 12:53 PM
    I agree that the $550 price point is too high, this puts it at above $20 on US carriers (ATT, TMO). It really needs to be $449 or lower to bring it in under $18/month on installment billing.

Perhaps another option is to offer an incentive through Blackberry $250 trade-in of iPhone 6 or up, or a Galaxy S6 or up?

Either way, if it wants to be relevant again, it needs to be more aggressive on price.
    bigedschukar and sidtek50 like this.
    02-25-17 12:56 PM
    I'm with you. I have the PRIV and have been super excited about this new device. I'll more than likely go ahead and spring for it, but TCL and BlackBerry need to remember... their reputation is not what it was 10 years ago. They need to get people excited about their devices, and one way to do that is to lower the price. Nobody wants to spend $550 on an "old, dead" BlackBerry anymore (it's not "cool"). I mean I do, but that's my personal preference. If they want market share, they honestly need to grovel a bit. Sad but true.

Then again, maybe they really are content with being a niche device.
    02-25-17 12:57 PM
    this will kick the Privs a$$ lol....some of you need to understand specs better
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-25-17 at 06:51 PM.
    It is a upgrade, better SoC, wayyy better cameras, going to have 10 hours SoT , way better keyboard too
    BlackBerry KEYone vs BlackBerry DTEK60 vs BlackBerry Priv - Phone specs comparison

Check the comparisons, for the price DTEK60 is the best value now that it's being liquidated.

Priv specs hold up pretty well against the Key one, very slight performance improvements, and battery size is not much.
    Seriously? It's NOT a PRIV. It is what it is and personally I think it's awesome. Price will drop in time. Form factor, battery life....and I'm a BlackBerry fanboy of the worst type...and I have money to spend....yeah.
    Drop in time? Doubt it. They seem to think a 3 year old passport is still worth $300.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-25-17 12:58 PM
    The presentation today confirmed Blackberry's irrelevance. So disappointing. Poor presentation, poor speakers, poor streaming, poor release date. What more can I say?
    02-25-17 12:58 PM
    The don't want to sell this device. Its clear.
    Cobra-Commander and sidtek50 like this.
    02-25-17 12:59 PM
    I'm with you. I have the PRIV and have been super excited about this new device. I'll more than likely go ahead and spring for it, but TCL and BlackBerry need to remember... their reputation is not what it was 10 years ago. They need to get people excited about their devices, and one way to do that is to lower the price. Nobody wants to spend $550 on an "old, dead" BlackBerry anymore. I mean I do, but that my personal preference. If they want market share, they honestly need to grovel a bit. Sad but true.

Then again, maybe they really are content with being a niche device.
    Exactly! How they going to grow their marketshare with overpriced devices in a niche market. It's like their managers saying... how can we fail better?
    bigedschukar likes this.
    02-25-17 12:59 PM
    I understand that the specs are better, but unfortunately most of the world doesn't care about BlackBerry anymore. That is why the price is disappointing.
    Cobra-Commander likes this.
    02-25-17 01:00 PM
    Only on battery life due to more efficient (i.e. non "flagship") processor. That said, it will have far lower pixel density than Priv, a much smaller screen size, and roughly comparable speedtest benchmarks with the Snapdragon 808 which is now almost 2 years old. Not saying they didn't select the right processor but they are pricing it like it's a current generation flagship processor, and it's clearly not.
    Cobra-Commander likes this.
    02-25-17 01:04 PM
    What you fail to understand is the general public doesn't know or care about that. All they will hear is it's a BlackBerry that's priced that high against something newer with better specs (in their mind, such as a higher number chip) and will immediately dismiss the BlackBerry. Why would Joe Public (who has no knowledge about these things) sees a cheaper Blu or Motorola device with bigger numbered chips, etc.. spend $150 - $200 more on an "outdated" BlackBerry??
    Let's not talk about Enterprise sales or the Enterprise market either. Since 2007, how have BlackBerry sales been? That's right, they've been in the cr@pper. Lack of apps (something they couldn't control), but also because of PRICE. TCL isn't some small company that can't get parts for cheap. Therefore the excuse of being a small nice manufacturer like BlackBerry means parts cost more. Same treadmill going round and round with BlackBerry. Products priced too high, low sales, excuses, rinse, repeat.

Anyways, the pricing shouldn't have come too much of a surprise as I pretty much predicted it and the reasons earlier this month.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...85/index2.html
    02-25-17 01:06 PM
    Expect this to be liquidated by next Christmas on amazon like that did for DTEK50, NOBODY WILL BUY AT THIS PRICE.... NOBODY REASONABLE.
    02-25-17 01:08 PM
    Everyone has to also consider it has a keyboard. people really interested in this device arent goning to care as much about specs as the keyboard. You arent going to put this up against the S8, its not the same crowd/audience.
    02-25-17 01:10 PM
    The presentation today confirmed Blackberry's irrelevance. So disappointing. Poor presentation, poor speakers, poor streaming, poor release date. What more can I say?
    I would have to agree with most of what you said. Event started almost 20 mins later than scheduled, streaming stopped working (wasn't even 1080 quality), not much emotion. Kevin honestly, you were looking down too much at the teleprompters. But worst part about the whole thing was the pricing for a device that's not even going to roll out until April. If it is to be available sooner, then they should have broken down geographical release dates instead.
    02-25-17 01:10 PM
    Everyone has to also consider it has a keyboard. people really interested in this device arent goning to care as much about specs as the keyboard. You arent going to put this up against the S8, its not the same crowd/audience.
    And how have those keyboard device sales been compared to the S8 crowd? Is BlackBerry/TCL interested in sales or are they only interested in expensive short run niche products that cause big losses and drag down a company where it has to pivot in order to survive?
    02-25-17 01:13 PM
    If this logic was only true, Blackberry wouldn't be in this situation today. Confess, I know deep down you know this is overpriced outdated device... you just don't want to admit it.

Priv right now is 340$ USD HALF THE PRICE OF KEYONE. After launch Priv will probably go to 200$ USD, NOBODY WILL BUY KEYONE if they desperate for keyboard, they will get Priv instead.
    02-25-17 01:14 PM
48 12