I too have had the issue. I keep mine in the keyone slip case so no pressure on the screen and I have babyed it. No drops, no back pockets, and no abuse.

So I was just carrying it in my front pocket in the case that is designed for doing just that. I got the phone out and went to slide from the top to get the settings and noticed it felt odd. It was then I noticed the top and side coming out.

This is a US unit bought on Amazon. I have contacted blackberry mobile and explained the experience so they had me send pictures and escalated it to see what my options are. I did ask them if it made sense to send a new one out if it might do the same thing or should I wait for one that has a fix applied.

I have faith the it will be corrected and I will be up and running on the keyone once they correct the issue so. No worry or Attachment 425037panic here. I am sending pics. Other than this the phone is brilliant and It is the phone I want so I will be patient and see what they some up with and I will keep everyone update on here as I go through he process.
    Thanks for sharing. Since it seems to have lifted in the corner, inquiring minds would like to know. Without pulling on it any further, does it look like there's any adhesive behind the screen?
    06-12-17 08:54 AM
    I said curious, not suspicious. If anything was suspicious, you could connect the dots of her being informed there was a screen pop issue yesterday, and then magically had it happen to her phone. I assume she's not part of a conspiracy, and this innocently occurred, just as I believe CBK and others who have had no issue.

It's unfortunate we have no metrics at this date, to put into perspective whether this is isolated to a batch or two, random, a massive problem, or one in a thousand.
    Any chance of getting a megathread that collects all cases in one handy, easy to read place on the forum?
    06-12-17 09:03 AM
    All the more reason I'll wait til August batch
    06-12-17 09:03 AM
    Which is growing
    Ouch
    Uzi likes this.
    06-12-17 09:14 AM
    Any chance of getting a megathread that collects all cases in one handy, easy to read place on the forum?
    Yes please!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-12-17 10:04 AM
    I too have had the issue. I keep mine in the keyone slip case so no pressure on the screen and I have babyed it. No drops, no back pockets, and no abuse.

So I was just carrying it in my front pocket in the case that is designed for doing just that. I got the phone out and went to slide from the top to get the settings and noticed it felt odd. It was then I noticed the top and side coming out.

This is a US unit bought on Amazon. I have contacted blackberry mobile and explained the experience so they had me send pictures and escalated it to see what my options are. I did ask them if it made sense to send a new one out if it might do the same thing or should I wait for one that has a fix applied.

I have faith the it will be corrected and I will be up and running on the keyone once they correct the issue so. No worry or Attachment 425037panic here. I am sending pics. Other than this the phone is brilliant and It is the phone I want so I will be patient and see what they some up with and I will keep everyone update on here as I go through he process.
    Dang, another one. Hopefully they ship you a replacement asap. And hopefully they are fixing the issue.
    06-12-17 10:41 AM
    Dang, another one. Hopefully they ship you a replacement asap. And hopefully they are fixing the issue.
    And it was in a case and front pocket
    06-12-17 11:03 AM
    I returned mine. Had vibrator issues, and didnt meet my expectations. My experience with it didnt warrant the $600 shell out.

You have a solid phone no doubt. My gripes were cost to components and experience. When people claim its the best BB ever...why because it has android? BB built pkb's before.

I dont want to take away from this thread, as i stand behind that if a case has done this...no need to defend TCL, we are consumers and this is business. We exchange $ for product worth.

Pkb and battery life were great. Call quality, lte speeds, speaker, mic, display, integration of pkb into BB customized android, video recording at night was choppy, lag with 2 exchange emails, delays in data, had to make restarts few times. In the end i made a call to return. Its Equal to $200-$300 devices ive used at work. Below to mid range. But thats my experience.
    I returned mine as well, not because of screen issue. For me, only outstanding part of the phone were battery life and the design (not screen lol). Everything else was mediocre including keyboard. I rate classic and passport keyboard to be better.
    06-12-17 11:04 AM
    just to be clear: you mean the case is not design for k1? is for iphone? wow..
    Au contraire. The TUMI case given to reviewers was specially designed for the KEYone. It has the basic same look as the iPhone model but obviously the dimensions are different as well as the snap case shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Someone on Twitter tried to remove her KEYone case, and the screen popped out.-56677.jpg  
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 12:07 PM
    thanks. is the ring very hard material? Not nylon? thx. dimensional tolerance might be an issue.
    06-12-17 12:20 PM
    thanks. is the ring very hard material? Not nylon? thx. dimensional tolerance might be an issue.
    It is very rigid. If I drop the phone in this case I can't see the phone popping out of the case.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 01:05 PM
    Why I'm not surprised
    06-12-17 01:12 PM
    rigid does not mean provide better protection... IMHO. just order a soft material case go with the priv leather pocket (slightly bigger for K1).
    06-12-17 02:11 PM
    Testing brought to you by the new BlackBerry KEYone!
    And they say BlackBerry doesn't advertise
    06-12-17 03:07 PM
    Testing brought to you by the new BlackBerry KEYone!
    A KEYone owner I presume.
    06-12-17 03:15 PM
    At least it doesn't burn up or explode right...?
    But why would those issues matter? Oh I know, not KEYone issues! Why so much KEYone hate on here?
    06-12-17 03:18 PM
    I like that they're replacing it via warranty but i find myself babying the crap out of my phone. I place it on tables like it'll shatter in half. haha. anyone else being overly cautious with their keyones?
    It's a phone! It's under warranty!
    06-12-17 03:19 PM
    this phone feels too good without a case. I didn't use a case on my Passport SE either. they hinder the typing experience and I love the feel
    06-12-17 04:15 PM
    It's a phone! It's under warranty!
    As long as they warranty it and claim it as damage. Its not much known yet. its the 6-7 months with all the scuffs - once sent it for warranty. Will they honor it?
    06-12-17 04:53 PM
    So, what happens if your screen pops out? Will BlackBerry swap the device for you?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 05:09 PM
    So, what happens if your screen pops out? Will BlackBerry swap the device for you?
    TCL has said that they would honor it under the warranty. I don't think they were specific on a timeline but one would assume at least 12 months.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-12-17 05:20 PM
    As long as they warranty it and claim it as damage. Its not much known yet. its the 6-7 months with all the scuffs - once sent it for warranty. Will they honor it?
    I suspect any company would establish if the product is showing signs of poor owner management for any warranty claim, be it after a short period or longer period of ownership, but given that this issue has been recognised early on in some phones, perhaps that will overule any negative response, but who's to say other than TCL? It makes no odds for me as I took out full insurance at the time of purchase, in addition to the manufacturers warranty that doesn't include the likes of accidental damage etc. My choice at my expense, my peace of mind for a £500 phone which I couldn't afford to replace should I happen to drop it and break it or get it wet, both of which I've done to previous phones over the years. :-)
    06-12-17 05:40 PM
    It looks like there is. It's a dark color and I can see it stretches from the screen to the case but not a ton of it.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-12-17 05:51 PM
    It looks like there is. It's a dark color and I can see it stretches from the screen to the case but not a ton of it.
    Thanks for the update! Hope your case gets resolved quickly to your satisfaction!
    06-12-17 06:02 PM
    Although Tumi has yet to advertise a case for sale for the KEYone it is basically the same as their iPhone product except of course for the squared off top. The phone is absolutely locked in at the top. I got the case from a friend with no instructions but I do hope that they included instructions to all those who received review KEYone's with the TUMI case!

https://ca.tumi.com/p/tumi-folio-sna...one-7-0114220D
    From experience with cases and by looking at it its easy to tell that the Tumi cases weak spots is at the bottom right corner. Flex the bottom right of the case before removing the phone.
    06-12-17 06:33 PM
157 ... 23456 ...