Is there a weak spot near the heaphone jack or is it a two piece case? Nearly broke a priv trying to figure out how to get it out of a seidio case. Flexing it at the headphone jack was the only way. Pity I tried brut force before that.
    06-11-17 11:46 PM
    Does no one else find it curious, she posted this article she wrote, slightly earlier in the day?
    I had no idea.
    06-11-17 11:57 PM
    Is there a weak spot near the heaphone jack or is it a two piece case? Nearly broke a priv trying to figure out how to get it out of a seidio case. Flexing it at the headphone jack was the only way. Pity I tried brut force before that.
    If you are referring to the TUMI case it is a one piece flip case and there certainly is no weak spot by the headphone jack,
    06-12-17 12:02 AM
    At least the phone doesn't transform into a robotic clown with knife wielding AI that learns on it's own.
    06-12-17 12:27 AM
    I find these posts all suspicious.
    I find everyone dropping theirs suspicious.
    06-12-17 06:07 AM
    Does no one else find it curious, she posted this article she wrote, slightly earlier in the day?
    I'm not sure what's suspicious about it. She was switching from iOS to Android and giving her experience on how/what occurs when switching takes place.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 06:10 AM
    I thought crackberry Kevin was doing a video that debunked all of this?

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 06:18 AM
    No CBK? No Conite?
    What what

Posted via P'9983
    06-12-17 06:23 AM
    No CBK? No Conite?
    What what

Posted via P'9983
    Exactly
    06-12-17 06:36 AM
    Give them time.
    06-12-17 06:39 AM
    Although Tumi has yet to advertise a case for sale for the KEYone it is basically the same as their iPhone product except of course for the squared off top. The phone is absolutely locked in at the top. I got the case from a friend with no instructions but I do hope that they included instructions to all those who received review KEYone's with the TUMI case!

https://ca.tumi.com/p/tumi-folio-sna...one-7-0114220D
    just to be clear: you mean the case is not design for k1? is for iphone? wow..
    06-12-17 07:29 AM
    I find everyone dropping theirs suspicious.
    I don't. As I said in the other thread, dropping your phone and nothing happening to it usually is not considered newsworthy on this forum (or anywhere for that matter).
    06-12-17 07:30 AM
    I don't. As I said in the other thread, dropping your phone and nothing happening to it usually is not considered newsworthy on this forum (or anywhere for that matter).
    Well. I have dropped my phones. I haven't dropped my new one in 3 months since owning. I probably just jinxed myself lol.

I also think some fans here exaggerate to make things look better. Maybe that's just my suspicious nature as others that don't believe anyone has an issue.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-12-17 07:35 AM
    Testing brought to you by the new BlackBerry KEYone!
    Hey now !! Woof!
    06-12-17 07:43 AM
    Which frankly, further points to the issue relating to some devices not being properly 'adhered' under the screen and not a fundamental design flaw, imho.

Don't think the other poster was blaming Tumi, btw. My Seidio Priv case (back part) requires pulling from one corner to properly remove. The first time I tried to remove it incorrectly, I was putting some pretty strong torsional force on it before I realized my mistake. That was my error, not Seidio's. (Spoiler: my Priv screen didn't bend)

If this person has a device with adhesion issues, it's easy to see why it lifted if she made the same mistake (as Yamahammer noted, it's locked in at the top, and the screen lift seems to be coming from the top). It's becoming more and more clear with each case that this is the most likely culprit. And no, I'm not blaming her either. She should get a replacement device from TCL asap.

Correct on all fronts, I also think we now have people trying to pop the screen. A little twist hear or bend their, reminds me of the apple bend gate. All of a sudden all I phones started to bend. I'm starting to think this is some kind of Vulcan mind meld or more like a vulcan bend meld. Woof!
    06-12-17 07:47 AM
    Well. I have dropped my phones. I haven't dropped my new one in 3 months since owning. I probably just jinxed myself lol.

I also think some fans here exaggerate to make things look better. Maybe that's just my suspicious nature as others that don't believe anyone has an issue.
    I don't doubt you're right about that, but it's difficult to prove. It's equally true that there are some drama queens that are trying to make this an unmitigated disaster before we have all the facts and after TCL has already stated publicly that they will honour the warranty. These type of events tend to bring out the worst on both sides.

I'm convinced it's not a huge widespread problem, and that TCL will address it going forward - they are a for profit company and want to make money.

But, the PKB market is already tiny. I fear that one possible outcome will be TCL deciding not to make any more PKB devices and stick with slabs like everyone else. And no way anyone else is going to step up to the plate to take over if that happens.

So if this turns out to be a tempest in a teapot that got blown out of proportion and leads to no more PKB devices, a lot of us are going to be very upset. And not just at TCL.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:48 AM

Yeah it seems that way. But I do think that people have definitely dropped them and nothing happened. The iPhone 6 definitely had a problem with bending for some people. I owned one since it was launched and mine never bent, but I don't think that makes it a blanket statement in saying that there wasn't a problem with that phone. The problem here is that people who have dropped their phone are running in here proclaiming that these claims of screens popping out are ridiculous and that there isn't anything going on here with this device.

I'd also wager that there are probably some this has happened to outside of CrackBerry who haven't reported it on here, unless the only people who've purchased this phone are members of this forum. And If that's the case than TCL has a much bigger problem.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 07:58 AM
    I'm not sure what's suspicious about it. She was switching from iOS to Android and giving her experience on how/what occurs when switching takes place.
    I said curious, not suspicious. If anything was suspicious, you could connect the dots of her being informed there was a screen pop issue yesterday, and then magically had it happen to her phone. I assume she's not part of a conspiracy, and this innocently occurred, just as I believe CBK and others who have had no issue.

It's unfortunate we have no metrics at this date, to put into perspective whether this is isolated to a batch or two, random, a massive problem, or one in a thousand.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 08:02 AM
    I said curious, not suspicious. If anything was suspicious, you could connect the dots of her being informed there was a screen pop issue yesterday, and then magically had it happen to her phone. I assume she's not part of a conspiracy, and this innocently occurred, just as I believe CBK and others who have had no issue.

It's unfortunate we have no metrics at this date, to put into perspective whether this is isolated to a batch or two, random, a massive problem, or one in a thousand.
    Sorry for misquoting you. But to your point I think its feasible and realistic to think that after reading about this happening that someone might take their phone out of their case to check it out, which could have been the case here and the screen popped.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-12-17 08:12 AM

The only inference I drew was that once she heard about the problem, she decided as a tech gadget guru to pull the KeyOne out of it's case for a personal inspection. And possibly didn't remove the case properly, applying torque / whatever and it lifted. Depending on how strong she is, that normally shouldn't happen obviously.

Just to be completely jaded, she's also an online personality and being a "me too" when something becomes an issue doesn't hurt with building an audience. Not saying that's what happened, but given the lack of the full picture, I tend to entertain all possibilities. I work in film and tv, and it's amazing what people will do for a piece of fame.
    stlabrat and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-12-17 08:13 AM
    I don't doubt you're right about that, but it's difficult to prove. It's equally true that there are some drama queens that are trying to make this an unmitigated disaster before we have all the facts and after TCL has already stated publicly that they will honour the warranty. These type of events tend to bring out the worst on both sides.

I'm convinced it's not a huge widespread problem, and that TCL will address it going forward - they are a for profit company and want to make money.

But, the PKB market is already tiny. I fear that one possible outcome will be TCL deciding not to make any more PKB devices and stick with slabs like everyone else. And no way anyone else is going to step up to the plate to take over if that happens.

So if this turns out to be a tempest in a teapot that got blown out of proportion and leads to no more PKB devices, a lot of us are going to be very upset. And not just at TCL.
    I agree it probably isn't a huge issue and isolated to a small number of units.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-12-17 08:15 AM
    She did do an unboxing a couple days ago for the Keyone as well. Seemed excited enough about it too. Most of my cases i use are dual layer or hybrid and require some pretty good tugs to get them off and on. I would probably be scared when removing mine with a keyone. Will have to see if when/if i get a device
    06-12-17 08:19 AM
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I don't put the phone in my back pocket nor sit on them. Also use my phone naked and have a sleeve when going about.
    06-12-17 08:33 AM
    I too have had the issue. I keep mine in the keyone slip case so no pressure on the screen and I have babyed it. No drops, no back pockets, and no abuse.

So I was just carrying it in my front pocket in the case that is designed for doing just that. I got the phone out and went to slide from the top to get the settings and noticed it felt odd. It was then I noticed the top and side coming out.

This is a US unit bought on Amazon. I have contacted blackberry mobile and explained the experience so they had me send pictures and escalated it to see what my options are. I did ask them if it made sense to send a new one out if it might do the same thing or should I wait for one that has a fix applied.

I have faith the it will be corrected and I will be up and running on the keyone once they correct the issue so. No worry or Attachment 425037panic here. I am sending pics. Other than this the phone is brilliant and It is the phone I want so I will be patient and see what they some up with and I will keep everyone update on here as I go through he process.
    Attached Thumbnails Someone on Twitter tried to remove her KEYone case, and the screen popped out.-acc-1-doc-6.jpg  
    anon(9353145) and knightfall like this.
    06-12-17 08:48 AM
    I agree it probably isn't a huge issue and isolated to a small number of units.
    Which is growing
    06-12-17 08:51 AM
157 12345 ...