All of his devices were purchased from Rogers anyway; I haven't seen anyone with a Canadian phone post about this, just people in Europe and I think one or two in the United States.
    The girl from Twitter who I made this thread about is from Calgary, AB, Canada.
    06-14-17 11:19 AM
    I don't understand some of the comment, cbk brought device from Rogers, you think those were specially made? If they want to provide special unit, there is not enough time to do so: to change dispense adhesive program at assembly line, plus shipping, and go through distribution channel and customs check and finally reach to Roger store in middle of Canada within half month? (the north America version only released may 31. ). JIT really need to be impressive. To me, the design didn't miss a beat, adhesive is there to hold the lcd that intend to pass the drop test possibly butti test too. However, due to lack of native accessory, or qualified accessories, and some external stress condition, the lcd could use some reinforce, if not impact form fit function. Tcl should get into accessories business, or at least qualify (CMM.measure) dimensions, including tolerance of the case for example, to ensure the protection of the unit, not harm to the unit.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stlabrat; 06-14-17 at 03:11 PM.
    krazyatom and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-14-17 11:25 AM
    That it would. I just don't know.
    This, I don't doubt his video at all. But there is zero chance he would post a screen issue as he is being paid by the makers of the phone. The KeyOne can clearly take a beating, but it can also have the screen pop off for any reason whatsoever.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 11:37 AM
    The case she is using is still not advertised for keyone, at least not on amazon. If I am not mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 12:06 PM
    Most phones have their front glasses locked to their side bezzels (no matter it's glued or with some other methods), but in K1 looks like nothing locked both (screen and the bezel/body). I think it's not batch production issue or something, it's just a wrong mechanical design probably.
    06-15-17 08:31 AM
    But it survive cbk test. And by look at it, it should pass the carrier std test, since all Canadian carrier carry the phone. You design per std mechanical requirement, not jerry test. (you can enhance test by butti test or others to simulate the real live user environment, but not Hollywood effect). As for MFG defect, or design weakness, that in the anticipated warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:40 AM
    You want a video, a bend test? This crap happens with all phones. On top of it this a two piece phone, not a full slab. Of course it's gonna pop out. I am sure there are a few defective units, this is what happens. It sucks for those people but everyone needs to calm the f down. I have thrown every BlackBerry I have ever owned and never broken one. Keyone is no different.
    Yes this ^^^ thank you

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 08:42 AM
    Most phones have their front glasses locked to their side bezzels (no matter it's glued or with some other methods), but in K1 looks like nothing locked both (screen and the bezel/body). I think it's not batch production issue or something, it's just a wrong mechanical design probably.
    This is what everyone with some common sense thinks. But then you have a bunch of people in here just saying "oh it's fine, buy it anyways", completely missing the point.
    06-15-17 09:05 AM
    The girl from Twitter who I made this thread about is from Calgary, AB, Canada.
    But since it was a review unit it would have come directly from BBMobile and probably was the UK variant??
    That's just a possible probable guess...
    06-15-17 09:26 AM
    This is what everyone with some common sense thinks. But then you have a bunch of people in here just saying "oh it's fine, buy it anyways", completely missing the point.
    Yeah, they're actually defending the product.
    06-15-17 04:00 PM
    Yeah, they're actually defending the product.
    How many screen pops have been noted here on Crackberry? Please let me know , I'm too lazy to try find ALL of the reports! Have to figure that almost all sales of the KEYone would have been to Crackberry subscribers given the dearth of advertising. Please don't include Kevin's or Jerry Rigs !
    06-15-17 04:15 PM
    How many screen pops have been noted here on Crackberry? Please let me know , I'm too lazy to try find ALL of the reports! Have to figure that almost all sales of the KEYone would have been to Crackberry subscribers given the dearth of advertising. Please don't include Kevin's or Jerry Rigs !
    Together with screen lifts, around 20. But we have to assume that many people don't use CrackBerry, might have just brought it back to the shop.
    06-15-17 04:21 PM
    Don't know either, but in every single threads there are people testifying for it. Also do you think the girl from twitter who has the screen pops out, or jerry who did a bend test, or everyone else that might have the same pops out issue are crackberry user? Mostly they just returned it back to the store instead of reporting it to crackberry.
    06-15-17 04:39 PM
    Together with screen lifts, around 20. But we have to assume that many people don't use CrackBerry, might have just brought it back to the shop.
    Do you know anyone that has a KEYone and isn't a Crackberry user :-) ??

Remember my advice to you, cancel your order!
    06-15-17 04:43 PM
    Do you know anyone that has a KEYone and isn't a Crackberry user :-) ??

Remember my advice to you, cancel your order!
    Trust me, many people don't care about CB. I wouldn't care either if the whole release didn't turn out to be a farce. That's the long waiting and no communication from BB and then TCL that brought me here, not the phone itself.

You still didn't answer my answer to your "advice" back then. Btw, Amazor received my unit way earlier than they expected and shipped it before I could do anything about it. The courier will be here in the middle of next week. I'm not letting him in, this beauty goes back to Amazon.
    06-15-17 04:50 PM
    Trust me, many people don't care about CB. I wouldn't care either if the whole release didn't turn out to be a farce. That's the long waiting and no communication from BB and then TCL that brought me here, not the phone itself.

You still didn't answer my answer to your "advice" back then. Btw, Amazor received my unit way earlier than they expected and shipped it before I could do anything about it. The courier will be here in the middle of next week. I'm not letting him in, this beauty goes back to Amazon.
    Safe travels and I wish you the best.
    06-15-17 05:36 PM
    Ok, so let's assume 10X that have had a failure. Even at that, I doubt the problem has thus far affected more than 2% of those out there. Realistically, it's much lower than that. This isn't a "OMG the phone could blow up on you" problem, so yes, people are still recommending buying it.
    06-16-17 06:48 AM
    Ok, so let's assume 10X that have had a failure. Even at that, I doubt the problem has thus far affected more than 2% of those out there. Realistically, it's much lower than that. This isn't a "OMG the phone could blow up on you" problem, so yes, people are still recommending buying it.
    With 1-2 new cases every day among people who bought it a few weeks ago we cannot be sure if it's "if the screen falls off" or "when the screen falls off". Don't you see that the ratio is not growing at the same pace? It is growing faster and faster. Sure, it still might be a limited problem, but it's equally legit to assume it might be a case that will eventually touch every unit. It's much better to wait for BBMo and TCL to do something about it, especially now that we know there ARE fixed units being manufactured and sent to those affected with an issue.
    06-16-17 06:56 AM
    With 1-2 new cases every day among people who bought it a few weeks ago we cannot be sure if it's "if the screen falls off" or "when the screen falls off". Don't you see that the ratio is not growing at the same pace? It is growing faster and faster. Sure, it still might be a limited problem, but it's equally legit to assume it might be a case that will eventually touch every unit. It's much better to wait for BBMo and TCL to do something about it, especially now that we know there ARE fixed units being manufactured and sent to those affected with an issue.
    They have to be selling at least 100 a day globally, so the ratio based on your hypothetical isn't changing. You feel the risk is too high. That's fine, but don't expect everyone to draw the same conclusion.
    06-16-17 07:08 AM
    at least 1st batch of user should be mostly CB, if not all. Who got the wind of prior sale before midnight of May 31? Even CB (those poor chaps set up alarm clock at 11:30 pm) some of them didn't get Units. All sold out within 2.5 hours (8pm to 10:30pm on May 30). So what ever that batch, 20 defective (if you believe all the claim that user did nothing wrong... small drop, slightly bend, use a K1 case = which didn't advertised as K1 case on amazon, etc.etc.) within that batch - assume the un-reported case, equal to the 20 that included UK cases. Anyone got number from Amazon that 2.5 hour become the best selling phone? what is the number sold in that 2.5 hour? you got estimated (possibly over estimated) defect rate for return (including user error - some what).
    06-16-17 07:19 AM
    The thing that is concerning to me goes beyond the screen lifting. The number of people who've had faulty keyboards, defective LCD Screens, horrible signal, and bad speakers seems like a lot. Yes I realize that I didn't have to buy it, but mine will be here tomorrow and honestly I'm not sure if I want to go through the setup process, which includes getting our IT department involved, if the phone is going to have one of these issues and I'm going to have to turn around and return it and start over with IT again.

I realize there is always a chance of buying a defective unit from any manufacturer, but there can't have been THAT many K1's sold thus far and it does seem like there is a higher possibility than normal that the phone could have a defect of some kind.
    eldeadache and kbz1960 like this.
    06-16-17 07:31 AM
    at least 1st batch of user should be mostly CB, if not all. Who got the wind of prior sale before midnight of May 31? Even CB (those poor chaps set up alarm clock at 11:30 pm) some of them didn't get Units. All sold out within 2.5 hours (8pm to 10:30pm on May 30). So what ever that batch, 20 defective (if you believe all the claim that user did nothing wrong... small drop, slightly bend, use a K1 case = which didn't advertised as K1 case on amazon, etc.etc.) within that batch - assume the un-reported case, equal to the 20 that included UK cases. Anyone got number from Amazon that 2.5 hour become the best selling phone? what is the number sold in that 2.5 hour? you got estimated (possibly over estimated) defect rate for return (including user error - some what).
    Man, stop believing that CB is a place where every BB owner is. I know some people who thought about getting KEYone and none of them ever heard about CB. I came here only because of the farce, not the phone itself. And I, myself, can't wait to stop coming here once I finally get my unit. This community is ridiculous. Do you really think that professional businessmen who use BB spend their free time at CB where either you can love BB or be bashed by other users?! No. They bought it and that's it. If anyone of them had issues, they just returned it. Making stats based on CB community is like making presidential election poll at kindergarten.
    Last edited by eldeadache; 06-16-17 at 07:57 AM.
    06-16-17 07:33 AM
    The thing that is concerning to me goes beyond the screen lifting. The number of people who've had faulty keyboards, defective LCD Screens, horrible signal, and bad speakers seems like a lot. Yes I realize that I didn't have to buy it, but mine will be here tomorrow and honestly I'm not sure if I want to go through the setup process, which includes getting our IT department involved, if the phone is going to have one of these issues and I'm going to have to turn around and return it and start over with IT again.

I realize there is always a chance of buying a defective unit from any manufacturer, but there can't have been THAT many K1's sold thus far and it does seem like there is a higher possibility than normal that the phone could have a defect of some kind.
    That's exactly my thoughts. My KEYone will be here on Tuesday because Amazon shipped it before I could cancel my order. I'm not accepting the delivery. Money comes back and I wait until August for BBMo and TCL to sort things out. Sure, I could take it and then deal with warranty if anything is bad. But 1) I don't want to deal with sending it back 2) I don't want to get even more discouraged than I already am 3) I'm afraid that the phone doesn't survive standard usage (which already happened a few times with K1) and I somehow end up being accused of misusage and out of warranty. I won't have money for another phone for the next 3-4 years, I'd rather wait then.
    06-16-17 07:43 AM
    Do you really think that professional businessmen who use BB spend their free time at CB where either you can love BB or be bashed by other users?! No. They bought it and that's it. If anyone of them had issues, they just returned it. Making stats based on CB community is like making presidential election poll at kindergarten.
    True. It might worse than the guesstimate.
    Thx to stop at your busy life to correct my thoughts. Really appreciate.
    06-16-17 09:10 AM
    That's because people don't bend their phone normally. Most cases occurred accidentally when it drops or something. Yet it's still recommended buy (even with poor antenna reception cough cough)..
    06-17-17 09:03 PM
157 ... 4567