Any chance of getting a megathread that collects all cases in one handy, easy to read place on the forum?
    Great suggestion, but with all the activity lately, the Modfia are a tad busy herding cats. Besides, merging a bunch of threads wouldn't make for a comprehensive read. We'd need to move them all to a subforum, and G-d knows what people would say about that.
    06-12-17 08:50 PM
    Ok thanks, makes sense. Besides, it seems to be settling down on its own accord, lol. Enough people are getting the KeyONE and discovering that it's overall a great device (so long as they don't get a lemon).
    06-12-17 08:58 PM
    From experience with cases and by looking at it its easy to tell that the Tumi cases weak spots is at the bottom right corner. Flex the bottom right of the case before removing the phone.
    As noted before, you cannot pop the phone out of this case. Yes you start at the bottom by getting the corners out but then you have to slide the phone down and resist the urge to peel it out because it won't! OK let's put this tumi thing to rest for now!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 09:12 PM
    so long as they don't get a lemon
    Shouldn't it be a KEYlime?
    kbz1960 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    06-12-17 10:57 PM
    Shouldn't it be a KEYlime?
    I love that pie
    06-13-17 07:06 AM
    This is a US unit bought on Amazon. I have contacted blackberry mobile and explained the experience so they had me send pictures and escalated it to see what my options are. I did ask them if it made sense to send a new one out if it might do the same thing or should I wait for one that has a fix applied.
    Did they mention anything about when is that issue going to be fixed?
    06-13-17 06:41 PM
    Did they mention anything about when is that issue going to be fixed?
    They haven't even responded to her yet. Did you ever get your KEYone by the way, just asking!
    06-13-17 09:29 PM
    They haven't even responded to her yet. Did you ever get your KEYone by the way, just asking!
    Oh, I somehow missed the fact of no response. Hope she'll hear from them soon.

My delivery is expected 28.06-04.08, but I want to contact the seller to postpone it until the glue issue is fixed.
    06-13-17 10:27 PM
    A Twitter user says she was just trying to remove her case from her KEYone, and her screen popped out a bit in the corner.

https://twitter.com/erinLYYC/status/873983964662431744

I know CB Kevin and BlackBerry Mobile have addressed this, but further cases shouldn't go unnoticed.
    So she just happened to hear about screens coming lose and hers decided to come lose then? I'm not buying it. You can't pop a screen out just by taking off a regular phone case. Could the screen use more adhesive? Sure. But so far, all the recorded Screen lifts (on film) have been extreme bend tests. This is just too simple a task and puts the device under major physical pressure. Not buying it at all.
    06-13-17 10:30 PM
    Oh, I somehow missed the fact of no response. Hope she'll hear from them soon.

My delivery is expected 28.06-04.08, but I want to contact the seller to postpone it until the glue issue is fixed.
    Never mind postponing it. Just cancel it. I would hate to see you be disappointed with a phone that is not worthy of Hercules LOL!
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-13-17 10:37 PM
    I noticed that even the Oem dual layer is quite difficult to remove. I'm leaving it off for now.
    06-13-17 11:55 PM
    Never mind postponing it. Just cancel it. I would hate to see you be disappointed with a phone that is not worthy of Hercules LOL!
    I can't understand why so many people here disregard or laugh at those who care about the built quality. You might not be the most prominent example of that, but some users here are simply rude. I know that in some countries the price of the device is relatively not that huge, but for me it's really a huge price to pay, my half-year income (not savings, income). I want to get quality for that kind of money.

I can't wait for some fanboy to realise that they lost their screen somewhere. Maybe that's the lesson that would teach some people humility.
    06-13-17 11:55 PM
    Have you watched CBK's latest video? The screen "issue" isn't much of an issue. Typing this on my KEYone that I've has since the 31st. Great phone.
    06-14-17 06:59 AM
    Have you watched CBK's latest video? The screen "issue" isn't much of an issue. Typing this on my KEYone that I've has since the 31st. Great phone.
    No one is discounting CBK's video. But unless he tests every single K1 out there, it's not the equivalent of saying "this device doesn't have screen issues." It's a very small sample size that didn't have the issue in his video, and isn't representative of every device out there that might have the issue.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 07:14 AM
    Agreed. Some devices might have an issue, and Kevin's sample was indeed small. I guess my point was it's a small number number of devices, not a widespread issue. As an early adopter of the Passport, I ended up gluing two corners of my screen due to lifting and light bleed. Bottom line is if I didn't already own a KEYone, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.
    06-14-17 09:16 AM
    No one is discounting CBK's video. But unless he tests every single K1 out there, it's not the equivalent of saying "this device doesn't have screen issues." It's a very small sample size that didn't have the issue in his video, and isn't representative of every device out there that might have the issue.
    All of his devices were purchased from Rogers anyway; I haven't seen anyone with a Canadian phone post about this, just people in Europe and I think one or two in the United States.
    howarmat and knightfall like this.
    06-14-17 09:29 AM
    That's a Tumi case, a case which I have and use. It is extremely tight fitting around the top of the phone. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to put the phone into the case in the first place and removing the case is exactly in reverse.

To put the phone in the case you have to insert the top of the phone about halfway up the case and then slide it up towards the top and one you reach the top then you can pop in the bottom of the phone. Be advised that there is absolutely no play in the case at the top.

To remove the phone from the case you start at the bottom and release it from the grip of the case and then you can start sliding the phone downwards out of the case. There is no way to pry the phone out of this case. I'm serious and I do love this case!
    The Tumi case looks fabulous. If you tire of it .... I'm sure there will be no screen pop!
    06-14-17 10:02 AM
    All of his devices were purchased from Rogers anyway; I haven't seen anyone with a Canadian phone post about this, just people in Europe and I think one or two in the United States.
    this is i think key, some of those from states could be ordered from UK as well
    06-14-17 10:05 AM
    I can't understand why so many people here disregard or laugh at those who care about the built quality. You might not be the most prominent example of that, but some users here are simply rude. I know that in some countries the price of the device is relatively not that huge, but for me it's really a huge price to pay, my half-year income (not savings, income). I want to get quality for that kind of money.

I can't wait for some fanboy to realise that they lost their screen somewhere. Maybe that's the lesson that would teach some people humility.
    Unfortunately, those some fanboy will never say a word if they have an issue lol.
    kbz1960 and Alain_A like this.
    06-14-17 10:13 AM
    Also, CBK's video was brought to you by TCL. Just saying. If it had screen issue, video would be edited 100% obviously but I understand that CBK is just doing his job.
    06-14-17 10:17 AM
    Also, CBK's video was brought to you by TCL. Just saying. If it had screen issue, video would be edited 100% obviously but I understand that CBK is just doing his job.
    Do you really think they would do that? It did take the whole weekend to edit it. But I don't think they would do that.
    krazyatom and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-14-17 10:19 AM
    Do you really think they would do that? It did take the whole weekend to edit it. But I don't think they would do that.
    There is no way CBK will post a video with screen issue. If he did, it would made things worst by far.
    06-14-17 10:30 AM
    There is no way CBK will post a video with screen issue. If he did, it would made things worst by far.
    That it would. I just don't know.
    06-14-17 10:32 AM
    The Tumi case looks fabulous. If you tire of it .... I'm sure there will be no screen pop!
    I've taken it out and put it back in several times in order to show the phone naked to my friends and strangers. No issues by removing it the right way!
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 11:05 AM
    I've taken it out and put it back in several times in order to show the phone naked to my friends and strangers. No issues by removing it the right way!
    Tumi case looks great. You can also try incipio dual layer case. They're very strudy and nice looking. It's very easy to remove the case as well.
    06-14-17 11:13 AM
157 ... 34567