LOL. Glad it survived.
    Me too! The last one was pretty spectacular. I wasn't used to the new form factor yet (coming from Priv) AND I have to say the rubber backing is a bit slippy. It came out of my hand and my primate reaction was to bring my foot up to break the fall. However, I managed to drop kick it into a filing cabinet...

After my heart resumed beating, I picked it up and it was fine.

Rocking the Incipio Dual Pro case since Day 4 and no further incidents, lol.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-11-17 06:57 PM
    To be honest, this is normal phone use for me. Sans the hammer. I don't do much hammering, happened to be in my pocket when I banged the hammer off my leg. I didn't take a hammer directly to it. Either way, no issues so far.
    Be more careful lol. Glad you have no ill effects from it.
    06-11-17 06:58 PM
    Double post! I blame the KeyONE...
    Last edited by Reaney; 06-11-17 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Double post
    kbz1960 and rx8er like this.
    06-11-17 06:58 PM
    I was tempted enough to pull mine out of the Incipio Dual Layer and put it back. Not only does this case look much sturdier and potentially dangerous to remove than the one in this report, but I'm happy to report no incident. Further, I got it back into the case without incident. For what it is worth, I focused on the bottom edges below the keyboard first. This is not to dismiss those screens which have popped off, but just a contrary finding.
    Same I'm using a clear TPU case and I tried forcefully removing it and ZERO screen pop issues!!!
    06-11-17 07:11 PM
    To be honest, this is normal phone use for me. Sans the hammer. I don't do much hammering, happened to be in my pocket when I banged the hammer off my leg. I didn't take a hammer directly to it. Either way, no issues so far.
    Be careful. I just might get some yamahammering going! Sorry I couldn't resist LOL
    kbz1960 and anon(9742832) like this.
    06-11-17 07:14 PM
    obvs, just don't remove the phone from the case
    06-11-17 07:53 PM
    obvs, just don't remove the phone from the case
    Oh I have removed the KEYone from the TUMI case several times. But you have to realize that there is absolutely no way to pry the phone out of this case. Pop out the bottom and slide the phone down.
    06-11-17 07:59 PM
    I actually can envision that torquing the phone to take off a very tight case could create too much twist on any phone. yamahammer, I think has described the process well.
    laketrout73 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-11-17 08:02 PM
    Tight or not. That should not have happened to a device. No need to blame Tumi.
    mister2d, NovaCar and NaijaBerry like this.
    06-11-17 08:35 PM
    Although Tumi has yet to advertise a case for sale for the KEYone it is basically the same as their iPhone product except of course for the squared off top. The phone is absolutely locked in at the top. I got the case from a friend with no instructions but I do hope that they included instructions to all those who received review KEYone's with the TUMI case!

https://ca.tumi.com/p/tumi-folio-sna...one-7-0114220D
    06-11-17 08:37 PM
    I'm afraid to remove it from my case now. It is naked when @ home and cased when I go out.
    I was going to do the same thing and simply backed off when the screen issue came to light. Wearing my case 24/7 now.
    06-11-17 08:45 PM
    Which frankly, further points to the issue relating to some devices not being properly 'adhered' under the screen and not a fundamental design flaw, imho.

Don't think the other poster was blaming Tumi, btw. My Seidio Priv case (back part) requires pulling from one corner to properly remove. The first time I tried to remove it incorrectly, I was putting some pretty strong torsional force on it before I realized my mistake. That was my error, not Seidio's. (Spoiler: my Priv screen didn't bend)

If this person has a device with adhesion issues, it's easy to see why it lifted if she made the same mistake (as Yamahammer noted, it's locked in at the top, and the screen lift seems to be coming from the top). It's becoming more and more clear with each case that this is the most likely culprit. And no, I'm not blaming her either. She should get a replacement device from TCL asap.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 08:46 PM
    I like that they're replacing it via warranty but i find myself babying the crap out of my phone. I place it on tables like it'll shatter in half. haha. anyone else being overly cautious with their keyones?
    Yep. Especially when naked. Got a clear silicone now which is pretty resilient.
    06-11-17 08:54 PM
    Fwiw...the official blackberry sleeve for the KeyONE is really fantastic. Nice leather, and magnets make the notifications change to a window view when it's on. Now don't worry about scratches in my pocket, while enjoying the naked phone when I use it.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-11-17 08:55 PM
    No blame to TUMI. Never stated it as such. Just pointing out the build of the case.
    06-11-17 08:55 PM
    I like that they're replacing it via warranty but i find myself babying the crap out of my phone. I place it on tables like it'll shatter in half. haha. anyone else being overly cautious with their keyones?
    I am! Way too much...I have the BB dual layer case plus a holster....pretty ridiculous but I am scared the screen might pop. Waited so long doesn't want to deal with having to wait more for replacement.
    06-11-17 09:39 PM
    No blame to TUMI. Never stated it as such. Just pointing out the build of the case.
    Oh no. I was just generalizing it. The purpose of a business tough device its not becoming.
    06-11-17 10:09 PM
    Oh no. I was just generalizing it. The purpose of a business tough device its not becoming.
    I have no idea what you just said there.
    06-11-17 10:17 PM
    I have no idea what you just said there.
    I was not responding to your comment. It was a general statement. Its not living up to what it was meant for.
    06-11-17 10:35 PM
    I was not responding to your comment. It was a general statement. Its not living up to what it was meant for.
    Generalizing is such a dangerous and misleading thing to do.

Your statement that the KEYone is not living up to what it's meant for can be taken as quite misleading. My screen hasn't separated from the phone, my battery life is insanely good, my keyboard works flawlessly, it doesn't randomly reboot and it also makes phone calls, plays music and videos.

Out of curiosity do you have a KEYone , I don't know?
    rx8er likes this.
    06-11-17 11:08 PM

Your statement that the KEYone is not living up to what it's meant for can be taken as quite misleading. My screen hasn't separated from the phone, my battery life is insanely good, my keyboard works flawlessly, it doesn't randomly reboot and it also makes phone calls, plays music and videos.

06-11-17 11:09 PM
    I thought crackberry Kevin was doing a video that debunked all of this?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 11:33 PM
    I find these posts all suspicious.
    06-11-17 11:34 PM

I returned mine. Had vibrator issues, and didnt meet my expectations. My experience with it didnt warrant the $600 shell out.

You have a solid phone no doubt. My gripes were cost to components and experience. When people claim its the best BB ever...why because it has android? BB built pkb's before.

I dont want to take away from this thread, as i stand behind that if a case has done this...no need to defend TCL, we are consumers and this is business. We exchange $ for product worth.

Pkb and battery life were great. Call quality, lte speeds, speaker, mic, display, integration of pkb into BB customized android, video recording at night was choppy, lag with 2 exchange emails, delays in data, had to make restarts few times. In the end i made a call to return. Its Equal to $200-$300 devices ive used at work. Below to mid range. But thats my experience.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-11-17 11:41 PM
    Does no one else find it curious, she posted this article she wrote, slightly earlier in the day?
    06-11-17 11:44 PM
157 1234 ...