A Twitter user says she was just trying to remove her case from her KEYone, and her screen popped out a bit in the corner.

https://twitter.com/erinLYYC/status/873983964662431744

I know CB Kevin and BlackBerry Mobile have addressed this, but further cases shouldn't go unnoticed.
    06-11-17 04:58 PM
    I'm afraid to remove it from my case now. It is naked when @ home and cased when I go out.
    Dr_Vancouver likes this.
    06-11-17 05:04 PM
    But this isn't real, it's been proven so by "testing"...
    Alain_A, MikeX74, mister2d and 3 others like this.
    06-11-17 05:05 PM
    Doesn't look like any adhesive on her phone at all.
    06-11-17 05:08 PM
    ridiculous
    06-11-17 05:25 PM
    Where's Conite on that one... Lol
    06-11-17 05:28 PM
    06-11-17 05:30 PM
    At least it doesn't burn up or explode right...?
    06-11-17 05:38 PM
    But this isn't real, it's been proven so by "testing"...
    Testing brought to you by the new BlackBerry KEYone!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-11-17 05:50 PM
    Seems TCL has to get some glued replacements ready.
    06-11-17 05:55 PM
    Did someone say there was enough glue?
    06-11-17 05:59 PM
    I was tempted enough to pull mine out of the Incipio Dual Layer and put it back. Not only does this case look much sturdier and potentially dangerous to remove than the one in this report, but I'm happy to report no incident. Further, I got it back into the case without incident. For what it is worth, I focused on the bottom edges below the keyboard first. This is not to dismiss those screens which have popped off, but just a contrary finding.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-11-17 06:05 PM
    I like that they're replacing it via warranty but i find myself babying the crap out of my phone. I place it on tables like it'll shatter in half. haha. anyone else being overly cautious with their keyones?
    06-11-17 06:12 PM
    Just threw mine across the room to land on the bed and skipped off and hit the floor. no babying here and not issues. Also banged a hammer off of it today while re-doing my deck. no issues yet.
    06-11-17 06:16 PM
    I like that they're replacing it via warranty but i find myself babying the crap out of my phone. I place it on tables like it'll shatter in half. haha. anyone else being overly cautious with their keyones?
    No. But I do have a case - I slap one on all my phones. . Based on the few reports here, if it's a defective unit it's only a matter of time anyway I'm sure. And TCL has now publicly stated they'll replace any affected devices.

Now, I wouldn't be careless with it, but I recommend that for all mobile phones.

And yes, I'm aware this person on twitter had the screen pop when taking it out of her case.
    06-11-17 06:20 PM
    If you're babying your phone then you brought the wrong one. Just my opinion.
    06-11-17 06:20 PM
    Wow. My INCIPIO case fits really tight on the KEYone. I have to take care if I ever want to remove it.
    06-11-17 06:32 PM
    That's a Tumi case, a case which I have and use. It is extremely tight fitting around the top of the phone. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to put the phone into the case in the first place and removing the case is exactly in reverse.

To put the phone in the case you have to insert the top of the phone about halfway up the case and then slide it up towards the top and one you reach the top then you can pop in the bottom of the phone. Be advised that there is absolutely no play in the case at the top.

To remove the phone from the case you start at the bottom and release it from the grip of the case and then you can start sliding the phone downwards out of the case. There is no way to pry the phone out of this case. I'm serious and I do love this case!
    knightfall and FF22 like this.
    06-11-17 06:32 PM
    Just threw mine across the room to land on the bed and skipped off and hit the floor. no babying here and not issues. Also banged a hammer off of it today while re-doing my deck. no issues yet.
    Sure
    06-11-17 06:34 PM
    Sure
    You want a video, a bend test? This crap happens with all phones. On top of it this a two piece phone, not a full slab. Of course it's gonna pop out. I am sure there are a few defective units, this is what happens. It sucks for those people but everyone needs to calm the f down. I have thrown every BlackBerry I have ever owned and never broken one. Keyone is no different.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-11-17 06:43 PM
    You want a video, a bend test? This crap happens with all phones. On top of it this a two piece phone, not a full slab. Of course it's gonna pop out. I am sure there are a few defective units, this is what happens. It sucks for those people but everyone needs to calm the f down. I have thrown every BlackBerry I have ever owned and never broken one. Keyone is no different.
    Sorry. I just find it odd all of sudden everyone is dropping and hammering their phone and throwing it with no effect. Seems to be a rash of that with the KEYone like no other phone before after the Jerry Rig video and not before.

I guess you could have thrown yours across the room and hammered it. Sorry to doubt you.
    06-11-17 06:46 PM
    Sorry. I just find it odd all of sudden everyone is dropping and hammering their phone and throwing it with no effect. Seems to be a rash of that with the KEYone like no other phone before after the Jerry Rig video and not before.

I guess you could have thrown yours across the room and hammered it. Sorry to doubt you.
    I'd like to point out that I was clumsy with mine and dropped it three times the first two days BEFORE it became fashionable to start throwing it against walls!
    06-11-17 06:48 PM
    I'd like to point out that I was clumsy with mine and dropped it three times the first two days BEFORE it became fashionable to start throwing it against walls!
    LOL. Glad it survived.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-11-17 06:52 PM
    is it hard case? i like old BB accessories. TCL should provide case to prevent such a problem. I recently brought a leather pocket from Amazon for Z30 (at least it claim to be Z30). It was so tight it need two people just to get it out... I almost ready to cut the stitches... even it got BB logo, it just not fit at all. Be careful where you get the case and even they claim to be for K1 (just like it claim for Z30... vendor eventually refund money). I have used real BB z30 pocket before, brought few for friends as gift too, none of them was that tight...(I know the BB stock shrink value, but the leather pocket shouldn't).
    06-11-17 06:55 PM

To be honest, this is normal phone use for me. Sans the hammer. I don't do much hammering, happened to be in my pocket when I banged the hammer off my leg. I didn't take a hammer directly to it. Either way, no issues so far.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-17 06:55 PM
157 123 ...