Dunno if this is legit but OMG I WANT ONE SO BAD! My Droid 4 had better hold up for another few months.

"Got to play with the "Mercury" for 2 minutes, ask me questions!"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...inutes_ask_me/
    rt2567, gebco, Uzi and 6 others like this.
    12-11-16 12:43 AM
    I'm having trouble with someone who is familiar with using a Passport, saying that the Mercury "Keyboard was EXACTLY like the Passport Silver Edition" and then doesn't answer the question as to whether or not it has a 3 or 4 row keyboard.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 12-11-16 at 10:17 PM.
    12-11-16 08:46 PM
    I'm having trouble with someone who is familiar with using a Passport, saying that the Mercury "Keyboard was EXACTLY like the Passport Silver Edition" and then doesn't answer the question as to whether or not it has a 3 or 4 row keyboard.
    Well a lot of people reference the Priv's keyboard as "like the Passport's", but was really only referring to the capacitive feature.
    12-11-16 10:32 PM
    I beginning to think that we'll hear an announcement at 20th. They might release this device in January.
    12-11-16 11:20 PM
    Very exciting thread, hopefully he's not lying. Makes sense that the phone is a mix of 2 black colors instead of silver and black like the "leaked" pictures. The silver and black definitely looked like photoshop

Posted via Passport SE
    12-11-16 11:58 PM
    I beginning to think that we'll hear an announcement at 20th. They might release this device in January.
    A January release would be great, but I don't know if I would hold my breathe. I don't even think the phone has passed through the FCC yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 01:02 AM
    Releasing a device in January is a sure way to achieve poor sales. In NA, Europe etc people will have already spent their money and possibly just received new devices. They're not likely to be going out buying a new device.

Posted via CB10
    so crow likes this.
    12-12-16 01:09 AM
    Releasing a device in January is a sure way to achieve poor sales. In NA, Europe etc people will have already spent their money and possibly just received new devices. They're not likely to be going out buying a new device.

Posted via CB10
    Don't see much difference between releasing a device at the end of January and mid February.
    12-12-16 01:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Remember : business device. If launch date is legit there's probably already some preorders in the air. Also, Santa's play field is not in the buildings, re: lack of fireplace
    12-12-16 06:25 AM
    Interesting...he says it was spot on in terms of the leaked photos, but it was all black whereas the leaked version was clearly silver? If true...this might be the first BlackBerry since Classic to have multiple colour options.
    12-12-16 08:08 AM
    So he's talking about all black and camera like one of a nexus phone,maybe something like this.
    Someone touched the Blackberry Mercury!!!-img_20160621_221544_edit_edit.png

Babbu Maan Fans Club.
    rt2567 and CarvinSigX like this.
    12-12-16 09:10 AM
    Even when the guy sounds kind of honest I don't totally believe it, if it was a phone from any company related with BB I'm sure they can order a sim card and receive it at their offices, but it's nice to dream about it.
    12-12-16 09:13 AM
    Remember : business device. If launch date is legit there's probably already some preorders in the air. Also, Santa's play field is not in the buildings, re: lack of fireplace
    Because selling to gov and bis has been such a success. if they were working on pre-orders then I think you have more specs popping up due to many avenues for leaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 09:16 AM
    I don't remember exactly but I don't think the previous DTEK's were announced at earnings report right? I feel like I have listened to the previous few in hopes of hearing news on devices but then nothing.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-12-16 09:19 AM
    Even when the guy sounds kind of honest I don't totally believe it, if it was a phone from any company related with BB I'm sure they can order a sim card and receive it at their offices, but it's nice to dream about it.
    But if he's only visiting the US from Canada, it makes sense for him to pop into a T-Mobile store to buy a SIM card to use while visiting.
    pooyam and Chemy JMHT like this.
    12-12-16 10:55 AM
    Unless the customer was from Canada and came to town to see family and needed a Sim to have his device work as quickly as possible. I worked in mobile and gave lots of Sim cards to people in town for holiday from another country.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-12-16 10:58 AM
    Don't see much difference between releasing a device at the end of January and mid February.
    In the US people are starting to get tax refunds towards the end of February beginning of March. Some people like myself tend to use some of that money for a gift to themselves when they can't really afford to do it at a different time of the year. If I was looking to buy a high dollar item and a new phone was whatbi wanted I'd use some of that money for that. As it stands I may pay off my priv lol. Dunno though because those payments are interest free. If you were gonna buy from BlackBerry though that'd be the time for a lot of people to do it
    12-12-16 11:01 AM
    +1

I fully agree, however, I'm selfishly still wanting it to release. In the hypothetical event that it is in fact set for a January release, I would hope that BlackBerry would announce that it's open for pre-order, sometime right before the earnings call. Although, again, I'm not sure how that works considering no one has seen it go through the FCC.
    12-12-16 11:28 AM
    Dunno if this is legit but OMG I WANT ONE SO BAD! My Droid 4 had better hold up for another few months.

"Got to play with the "Mercury" for 2 minutes, ask me questions!"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...inutes_ask_me/
    What about the speakers did you get to listen any sounds going from it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 11:40 AM
    Interesting...he says it was spot on in terms of the leaked photos, but it was all black whereas the leaked version was clearly silver? If true...this might be the first BlackBerry since Classic to have multiple colour options.
    Could be the difference between a prototype and a production device.
    12-12-16 12:25 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I'm just sharing the thread... not my Reddit thread. You'll have to ask the original poster on Reddit directly. If it had been me, I would have just taken the phone and ran.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-16 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote for you :)
    12-12-16 12:32 PM
    In the US people are starting to get tax refunds towards the end of February beginning of March. Some people like myself tend to use some of that money for a gift to themselves when they can't really afford to do it at a different time of the year. If I was looking to buy a high dollar item and a new phone was whatbi wanted I'd use some of that money for that. As it stands I may pay off my priv lol. Dunno though because those payments are interest free. If you were gonna buy from BlackBerry though that'd be the time for a lot of people to do it
    I don't think anyone will find the mercury other place than shopbb

And thanks for clarifying the time periods. Always wondered why holiday season is more favourable apart from the sales.
    12-12-16 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    He's not the guy, ask on Reddit.
    12-12-16 01:45 PM
    But if he's only visiting the US from Canada, it makes sense for him to pop into a T-Mobile store to buy a SIM card to use while visiting.
    If it's a work phone chances are he doesn't need a sim while travelling. I've travelled many times out of country with work phone. Business picked up the tab for any data and mobile usage. Never had to run around looking for a second sim.
    I'm sure BlackBerry let's their employees travel without fear of having to worry about a second sim and extra charges.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 02:09 PM
    If it's a work phone chances are he doesn't need a sim while travelling. I've travelled many times out of country with work phone. Business picked up the tab for any data and mobile usage. Never had to run around looking for a second sim.
    I'm sure BlackBerry let's their employees travel without fear of having to worry about a second sim and extra charges.

Posted via CB10
    Especially if from Canada I mean Bell/Rogers anyways charges like $5 a day for roaming in the US so not really worth it to get another SIM.
    12-12-16 02:22 PM
100 123 ...