Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I received an official Oreo update today and notice two uncomfortable change:

1. Quick share option: just confused? How does this work? What's Magic keys and Universal Shortcut?

2. Fingerprint vibration: it vibrate twice, not once like Nougat, which made me feel weird and slow even they made success vibrate and fail vibrate different;

3. Button mapper for convenience key doesnt work;

4. Alarm tone automatic change: just annoying the first time i heard it, have to switch back to old tone;

5. Ugly big Messenger notification on ambient screen.

Do you have the same experience like me? Any other change make you uncomfortable? Pls share!
    Last edited by nguyendaovietnam; 08-08-18 at 06:41 AM.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-08-18 02:25 AM
    beta or official ? when bbb-100-7 will receive it ?
    08-08-18 02:49 AM
    beta or official ? when bbb-100-7 will receive it ?
    I think you will receive it today or tomorrow. Mine is 100-5, android 8.1.0, ADB174.
    I think it official because im not on beta and i didnt receive or see any "beta" text.
    08-08-18 03:08 AM
    Yep that's the official chinese release.
    I get it too on my BBB100-4.
    08-08-18 03:17 AM
    For me for now, the more uncomfortable change is that I don't have the Wifi activity arrows anymore on the status bar.
    I liked it a lot since it give you information about wifi activity.

I hope that's just a bug that will be fixed.
    @LiamQ
    quybao likes this.
    08-08-18 10:46 AM
    No beta testers had these issues I wonder? I thought they have the same build as the official one released for Chinese version.
    08-08-18 06:00 PM
    I don't get it. Everybody wants an update but at the same time everything should behave exactly the same way as the previous build???
    08-08-18 09:11 PM
    No beta testers had these issues I wonder? I thought they have the same build as the official one released for Chinese version.
    China has a slightly newer build - although essentially identical.

Nothing listed in the first post are bugs. Just changes.
    gouger05 likes this.
    08-08-18 09:13 PM
    Are you referring to the button remapper app that you use for the convenience key? If so, that is a real bummer for me. Hopefully an update can change that if it's true.
    08-08-18 10:28 PM
    Are you referring to the button remapper app that you use for the convenience key? If so, that is a real bummer for me. Hopefully an update can change that if it's true.
    Yeah, but i found a solution. Just delete the old assignment and add Convenience key again and it's work like charm.

It's not about "behave exactly the same way as the previous build", it's about improve what should and with what ain't broke, don't fix it.
    08-08-18 11:16 PM
    China has a slightly newer build - although essentially identical.

Nothing listed in the first post are bugs. Just changes.
    My missing arrows for Wifi activity in the status bar seems to be a bug.
    08-09-18 02:24 AM
    My missing arrows for Wifi activity in the status bar seems to be a bug.
    I would hope it is a bug. It seems to me it is important to see WiFi activity.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 08-13-18 at 01:20 AM.
    08-09-18 02:36 AM
    Yeah, but i found a solution. Just delete the old assignment and add Convenience key again and it's work like charm.

It's not about "behave exactly the same way as the previous build", it's about improve what should and with what ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Ok. I will keep this in mind.
    08-09-18 06:31 AM
    locker is updated ?
    08-09-18 07:55 AM
    3 things for me that are driving me nuts.
    1) No way of turning off the notification view that is used for a windowed flip case when closed (activated by magnets). I use a magnetic mount in my car and it is always setting it off.
    2) No way of turning of adding icons to desktop for new apps. Used to be in Playstore settings and is now part of home settings which BB has not added to BB Launcher settings.
    3) Constantly getting beeps that Wifi calling is connected / disconnected. Every time I hang up a call, phone notifies me with a system beep that "calls will be made using wifi".

Otherwise, Oreo is running flawlessly on my KeyOne. Couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by killarneygetaway; 08-09-18 at 09:24 AM.
    nguyendaovietnam likes this.
    08-09-18 09:09 AM
    locker is updated ?
    Yes, now we have separate place for pic and file and we can add app to hide it like on Key2.

I just found out "Keep screen turned off" in option is no longer available in Oreo. That's why my Keyone accidently wake and turn off bluetooth, location etc in my pocket to day. F*ck!
    08-09-18 09:26 AM
    Yes, now we have separate place for pic and file and we can add app to hide it like on Key2.

I just found out "Keep screen turned off" in option is no longer available in Oreo. That's why my Keyone accidently wake and turn off bluetooth, location etc in my pocket to day. F*ck!
    Check your smart lock settings, body detection.
    08-09-18 10:54 AM
    Check your smart lock settings, body detection.
    I never enable it.
    08-09-18 10:59 AM
    I just enable Smart lock and body detection. no such feature still.
    08-09-18 11:29 AM
    3. Button mapper for convenience key doesnt work;
    I agree
    08-09-18 01:43 PM
    Have you ever use some apps like shareit to transfer your files? In oreo, due to security reason, it automatically use your bluetooth instead of wifi for transferring data, resulting slower transfer data rate. And it's the most uncomfortable thing in Oreo.

And also, if you think you'll get better multitasking with oreo, you were dreaming. Oreo will automatically shut apps who takes a big amount of ram so they're not in RAM for some longer period of time when you minimized it. that's the second uncomfortable thing in Oreo I could say.
    nguyendaovietnam likes this.
    08-09-18 06:38 PM
    Have you ever use some apps like shareit to transfer your files? In oreo, due to security reason, it automatically use your bluetooth instead of wifi for transferring data, resulting slower transfer data rate. And it's the most uncomfortable thing in Oreo.

And also, if you think you'll get better multitasking with oreo, you were dreaming. Oreo will automatically shut apps who takes a big amount of ram so they're not in RAM for some longer period of time when you minimized it. that's the second uncomfortable thing in Oreo I could say.
    In BB Priv Android, Share it is dumbed down by BB to use the wifi router as a access point instead of device-to-device wifi. For security purposes. Not sure if BB has done the bluetooth thing now on Oreo, cause other android oreo's still work on direct method.
    08-10-18 12:24 AM
    I am okay with Nougat, although, like most, would appreciate security updates. Obviously, that isn't going to happen forever, though. I like the darker UI. Don't really understand why that isn't an option, regardless--without having to invert colors (because yes, I know about that).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 01:44 AM
    In BB Priv Android, Share it is dumbed down by BB to use the wifi router as a access point instead of device-to-device wifi. For security purposes. Not sure if BB has done the bluetooth thing now on Oreo, cause other android oreo's still work on direct method.
    Yeah sure it is, this app allows the other to check all your app list and take the apk out of your phone once connection has established.

In non-blackberry android, device-to-device is actually one device becomes a router/hotspot (automatically set by shareit) and the other one connected to the hotspot. Commonly, the receiver will become the router and the sender will connect to receiver. But once the network established, the receiver could also send to sender like both ways data transfer, without exchanging router-sender roles.

In oreo it's pretty much dumbed, it becomes even harder to connect to iOS or PC.
    08-12-18 07:44 AM
    Yeah sure it is, this app allows the other to check all your app list and take the apk out of your phone once connection has established.
    Checking out yes, possible. Converting app list into apk and then exporting would be a red flag because the file system would show a new collection of app apks. I've never experienced apks being exported from my Samsung/other android devices back to Shareit servers.
    08-13-18 12:53 AM