Hi
    I have a blackberry keyone and unfortunately I spilt water on the charger connector and it's now broken, I can't charge it anymore... A tech guy told me it's completly burnt. I contacted blackberry and they can repair it, but I do not have a proof of purchase (got it second hand) so I was wondering do you have any idea of the cost of a repair like this one?
    Or could I get the right connector online and repair it myself?
    Also I wanted to get back some of my data that's in the phone before I send it to the repair, so do you know guys if it would be possible to remove the battery, charge it outside of my phone then put it back so I can turn on the phone one last time and get the data?

Thanks
    12-19-18 06:19 AM
    Or could I get the right connector online and repair it myself?
    It's likely not a simple connector fix. If the tech guy decided he couldn't do it, than that likely means it killed the most of the internals in which case you need to replace most of those. So you're looking at $100 starting price and up.

Also I wanted to get back some of my data that's in the phone before I send it to the repair, so do you know guys if it would be possible to remove the battery, charge it outside of my phone then put it back so I can turn on the phone one last time and get the data?
    Did you have Google backup enabled? Depending in the data you're looking for maybe that caught some of it but I doubt you'll be finding a safe way to charge the battery and be able to put it back in.
    12-19-18 09:24 AM