I've had my KeyOne for about 48hrs and am going through an adjustment period. In order to help with that, I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer some questions?

1) Shouldn't swiping be easy on this phone? I find it difficult to swipe to close things. On my Q5 it was simple, on the KeyOne it is more difficult with some apps, etc. not closing but, instead, scrolling (A real hassle when trying to close my email and it simply scrolls through all of my emails!). As an example I just had Chrome open and, when trying to close it, the webpage changed several times (as if it was scrolling back through viewed pages) but it took 5-6 swipes to close the browser.

I am finding this to be really frustrating. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Is a different swipe gesture required? Is it a sensitivity setting or something?

2) When checking installed apps, etc. via the white button in the centre of the home screen I am finding things really jumbled. Is there a way to create folders in there so that I can group icons into convenient folders?

3) Can anyone recommend a web browser that easily allows you to change the homepage? I tired that in Chrome but every time I open the browser it brings up the webpage for my service provider. I have changed the homepage in Chrome, but for some reason it will not work. Or perhaps it is simply opening to the last page viewed. If so, how do I change that?

I am sure that I will have many more questions and will add to this thread as I learn how to use an Android phone, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as I want to love this phone.

Thanks in advance for help with these issues and for any help provided to any further questions.
    04-29-18 12:56 PM
    1. There is no swipe gesture to close an app on the KEYone, since it's running Android.

2. I'd choose "classic" from the drop down menu that asks you how you want the app tray to display apps, as its simply alphabetic. You can make and organize your folders on the home screen.

3. I would disable Chrome and use Firefox, it's less of a battery hog. You can also set any page as a homepage with it.
    colchar and anon(9188202) like this.
    04-29-18 01:35 PM
    I've had my KeyOne for about 48hrs and am going through an adjustment period. In order to help with that, I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer some questions?

1) Shouldn't swiping be easy on this phone? I find it difficult to swipe to close things. On my Q5 it was simple, on the KeyOne it is more difficult with some apps, etc. not closing but, instead, scrolling (A real hassle when trying to close my email and it simply scrolls through all of my emails!). As an example I just had Chrome open and, when trying to close it, the webpage changed several times (as if it was scrolling back through viewed pages) but it took 5-6 swipes to close the browser.

I am finding this to be really frustrating. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Is a different swipe gesture required? Is it a sensitivity setting or something?

2) When checking installed apps, etc. via the white button in the centre of the home screen I am finding things really jumbled. Is there a way to create folders in there so that I can group icons into convenient folders?

3) Can anyone recommend a web browser that easily allows you to change the homepage? I tired that in Chrome but every time I open the browser it brings up the webpage for my service provider. I have changed the homepage in Chrome, but for some reason it will not work. Or perhaps it is simply opening to the last page viewed. If so, how do I change that?

I am sure that I will have many more questions and will add to this thread as I learn how to use an Android phone, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as I want to love this phone.

Thanks in advance for help with these issues and for any help provided to any further questions.
    1. I believe what you are doing is your are pressing the back button to exit out of apps. It will take you through the series of steps that you have performed in the app before closing as it rightly should. You could press the home button (the center circle button) which will minimise the app in the background and bring you to the home screen. If you wish to close the app, press the square button right away and close the app.
    Hope this helps.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    colchar and anon(9188202) like this.
    04-29-18 01:43 PM
    1. There is no swipe gesture to close an app on the KEYone, since it's running Android.

So how do I do it (sorry, phone isn't here so cannot look around to figure it out).

2. I'd choose "classic" from the drop down menu that asks you how you want the app tray to display apps, as its simply alphabetic. You can make and organize your folders on the home screen.
    Can you organize folders inside that area that you get to by hitting that white icon? I have virtually nothing on my home screen so would prefer to create folders inside that other area.

3. I would disable Chrome and use Firefox, it's less of a battery hog. You can also set any page as a homepage with it.

I briefly tried Firefox yesterday but wasn't happy with it. I will reinstall and play around with it.

And thanks for the help.
    04-29-18 02:34 PM
    1. I believe what you are doing is your are pressing the back button to exit out of apps. It will take you through the series of steps that you have performed in the app before closing as it rightly should. You could press the home button (the center circle button) which will minimise the app in the background and bring you to the home screen. If you wish to close the app, press the square button right away and close the app.
    Hope this helps.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    I wasn't hitting a back button, just swiping up with my thumb as I did on the Q5.

I had no idea yet what the circle, square, etc. buttons did so will try that.

Thanks you very much.
    04-29-18 02:35 PM
    I wasn't hitting a back button, just swiping up with my thumb as I did on the Q5.

I had no idea yet what the circle, square, etc. buttons did so will try that.

Thanks you very much.
    As you will learn, Gestures, like Swiping are a thing of the past (and from the sounds of it a thing of the future) but not the current with a few exceptions. You don't really close apps in Android. Android handles that itself. But the Left Arrow, Middle Circle and Right Square are - Back, Home, and Recent. Back works differently depending on where you are in an app or elsewhere. It can back out of menus or exit and app (but not always). The Circle will bring up your most recent home page (you can have more than one (where swiping will reveal them left or right). But two taps on it will bring you to what you have SET as your first real Primary home page (your primary can be set to the 2nd, 3rd, etc and not the leftmost). The Square Button is the recent. It can display the most recent (and its format can be changed to tile or carousel, etc). From RECENTS, you can close all or tap the X and close them individually.

Android is NOT BB10 to the chagrin of many. But that is the way it is!

Relax and enjoy it.

I don't know why some browsers won't let you set YOUR OWN DAMN HOME PAGE!!!! Actually, I run into more problems. I have a local HTML file as my home page and most browsers will not allow you to open local files. They want an ONLINE home page.

Did I say relax and enjoy it - screw that!!!!!!!!!!
    anon(9188202) and colchar like this.
    04-29-18 03:45 PM
    I have started using the circle and square buttons. The circle seems to leave the apps running so I hit that then square, or just hit square. Now that a couple of your have pointed me in the right direction, I'll figure it out.

When I am in the apps list and I hit the square button to come out of it, I get some shadowed notification on the home screen saying 'no recent items'. I'd love to figure out how to turn that off.

I downloaded Firefox and was able to set my homepage. For some reason it has the red circle with white star notification symbol on the icon and I can't tell what it is trying to notify me about but I expect that I will stumble across it at some point.

I keep seeing a notification that Google Play Store is running in the background so will have to figure out a way to turn that off.

When making a call I hear the ring but it tails off and gets quieter, then the next ring starts at full volume and tails off. Is there a way to make it stay the same volume for the entire ring?
    04-29-18 06:27 PM

Also make sure you stop background apps that don't need to be on. Also going into engineer mode also to slow down or disable animations altogether will also speed up the device noticeably faster. Android also keeps the last web page you went to as well so make sure you x out of web pages you don't need as they can add up.
    colchar likes this.
    05-07-18 02:48 PM
    What do is hit the square which minimizes the app, then swipe it. To the right to close. I'm still learning too and there are a lot more steps to doing simple things which is a nuisance but what can you do, at least there's a keyboard.
    colchar likes this.
    05-07-18 07:46 PM