Some people...

$890 and $900?

C'Mon man!

https://swappa.com/buy/blackberry-ke...UvbUpU12901401

Hope they sit and collect dust and that they are not purchased @ those prices...
    Attached Thumbnails Some people kids: Swappa KEYones-screenshot-2017-06-01-16.42.42.png  
    06-01-17 06:39 PM
    Someone will buy it
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-17 06:44 PM
    Hope not.... The sellers deserve to be stuck with them for trying to rip others off... I could see $700-$750 heck maybe even $800 (not that I'd pay those prices) but $900.... Friggin people....
    06-01-17 06:47 PM
    Craigslist in Orlando someone has it for $800. Absolutely ridiculous.
    06-01-17 06:48 PM
    That's cheap.
    06-01-17 06:58 PM
    That's cheap.
    Compared to.......?????

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    06-01-17 06:59 PM
    That's cheap.
    You're crazy. That's a scam.
    raqball and xandros9 like this.
    06-01-17 07:00 PM
    I'll wait for the fire sale...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 07:01 PM
    You're crazy. That's a scam.
    Yeah I agree... Maybe the buyer will keep it 5 months then take advantage of PayPal's 180 day return policy.. Hahahahahahaha..... Now that would be karma!
    06-01-17 07:28 PM
    Hope not.... The sellers deserve to be stuck with them for trying to rip others off... I could see $700-$750 heck maybe even $800 (not that I'd pay those prices) but $900.... Friggin people....
    The answer is always "no" if you don't ask.

No one is trying to rip anyone off.

Are you afraid of the guy asking? Does that impact you in any way?

I hope he gets $900. Plenty of people have that kind of money to throw around, and if they want it they want it.

Frankly, not only does it not hurt you in ANY way, it's also none of your business. What business two people transact between themselves regarding the sale of this phone is nobody's business but theirs.

And no one is "ripping anyone off," or even "trying" to.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    06-01-17 07:30 PM
    Ripping people off? Anything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. These people spent $550+tax and maybe expedited shipping expecting to be able to resell it. They took a financial risk for an investment...
    Adam Frix likes this.
    06-01-17 07:35 PM
    LOL.....

Yes ripping people off.... Or taking advantage of a situation..... To me it says a lot about the person doing it.. Maybe that's just me though...

What they did was drive to Best Buy and buy a phone... I guess that's worth a $300 mark up? LOLOL
    Bennett Ragan likes this.
    06-01-17 07:46 PM
    What they did was drive to Best Buy and buy a phone... I guess that's worth a $300 mark up? LOLOL
    To someone who is happy to pay that to get the phone, yes, it was worth it to them to have someone else go hunt one down and maybe drive for hours to get it.

Or, maybe it wasn't, and in a week, maybe everyone who wants one will be able to buy one at regular price.

What's it to you?
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:03 PM
    To someone who is happy to pay that to get the phone, yes, it was worth it to them to have someone else go hunt one down and maybe drive for hours to get it.

Or, maybe it wasn't, and in a week, maybe everyone who wants one will be able to buy one at regular price.

What's it to you?
    It's really noting to me.. I guess I just like calling people out who have that low of moral values? I dunno.. I have one I got from Selfridges 3 weeks ago but if I didn't I would never pay someone like that a cent more than the retail price..

If they were fair with the price markup and I wanted what they had, sure I'd pay more.. But $300 PLUS over the retail price is just a flat out rip off from an unscrupulous person.. My opinion of course..
    06-01-17 08:07 PM
    LOL.....

Yes ripping people off.... Or taking advantage of a situation..... To me it says a lot about the person doing it.. Maybe that's just me though...

There's actually someone on these very forums right now saying he's willing to pay $300 more since for him time is more important than the money. You think when you go to your local store to buy roses that it really costs $20 for a dozen roses? I see people on the street selling 25 roses for $5, and even they are turning a profit. What kind of a markup do you think it is when a store is selling the same roses at 8x the price as the people on the curb and likely more than 10x what they paid from their actual supplier? I guess every business is "ripping" everyone off then? It's business, these people spent a lot of money, do you think it'll be worth spending probably close to $600 for a $50 profit? They see it's sold out everywhere, so they can ask however much they think people would be willing to pay. Still don't see anything wrong with it. Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it, that's your right and your choice.
    06-01-17 08:08 PM
    It's really noting to me.. I guess I just like calling people with that low of moral values out? I dunno.. I have one I got from Selfridges 3 weeks ago but if I didn't I would never pay someone like that a cent more than the retail price..

If they were fair with the price markup and I wanted what they had, sure I'd pay more.. But $300 PLUS over the retail price is just a flat out rip off from an unscrupulous person.. My opinion of course..
    You better not buy anything then, because everything sold by everyone is hugely marked up. I bought a 3D metal puzzle from an online retail store in China for $2 shipped. That same metal 3D puzzle, with different packaging of course, sells in retail stores in the USA for over $15. They are literally the same thing, I'm 99.99% sure they are actually getting them from the same Chinese store I bought mine from, repackaging them, and marking them up from likely the $1.50 it cost them (or less) to $15+. So conservatively they are marking these things up 1000% from their retail price. Those people should be in jail they obviously have no moral values, what next, murder? lol
    Adam Frix likes this.
    06-01-17 08:12 PM
    There's actually someone on these very forums right now saying he's willing to pay $300 more since for him time is more important than the money. You think when you go to your local store to buy roses that it really costs $20 for a dozen roses? I see people on the street selling 25 roses for $5, and even they are turning a profit. What kind of a markup do you think it is when a store is selling the same roses at 8x the price as the people on the curb and likely more than 10x what they paid from their actual supplier? I guess every business is "ripping" everyone off then? It's business, these people spent a lot of money, do you think it'll be worth spending probably close to $600 for a $50 profit? They see it's sold out everywhere, so they can ask however much they think people would be willing to pay. Still don't see anything wrong with it. Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it, that's your right and your choice.
    They took stock from someone who wanted the phone in order to sell it for an insane markup... They had no interest whatsoever in keeping or using the phone... Dirtbags in my opinion...
    Bennett Ragan likes this.
    06-01-17 08:13 PM
    They took stock from someone who wanted the phone in order to sell it for an insane markup... They had no interest whatsoever in keeping or using the phone... Dirtbags in my opinion...
    Really? So they walked over to someone with the phone in their hands and snatched it from them?? They stayed up real late or woke up extra early and ordered the phones or made it to the store before these "someone"'s who wanted the phone, who obviously didn't want them enough to do the same to procure these devices. What is the saying? You snooze you lose? I actually hate rhyming sayings like that, but it's true...

Edit: And you don't know that they are not planning on using the phone. They could be selling a few devices hoping the profits will render their own unit free. I actually did that once, a DSLR I wanted went on a really good sale on a certain site. Knowing at that price it would sell out quick the moment I could I actually bought 4 of them. Sold three of them and made enough profit from those three that I recouped all of my money, so I actually got the 4th one for personal use for free. Same as these guys, I took a big financial risk in doing that, what if they don't sell? What if another store has a better sale right after? But it paid off for me, and it might pay off for them. Still don't see anything wrong with it...
    06-01-17 08:17 PM
    what if they don't sell?
    What would be better and pure karma is if they DO sell but to scammers or the peeps that abuse PayPal's 180 refund time frame...
    06-01-17 08:32 PM
    And this discussion exemplifies why one never, EVER wants a trial by jury.
    06-01-17 08:35 PM
    What would be better and pure karma is if they DO sell but to scammers or the peeps that abuse PayPal's 180 refund time frame...
    If you say so. I guess everyone should just buy things and call their credit card companies to cancel. Since every store is ripping everyone off, we need this karma to just hit everyone...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:35 PM
    You seriously don't get it do you? Not a single person has suggested such crazy'ness...

Anyway's... We can keep going back and forth.. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think people who do that are lowlife scum who get what they deserve....

Some markup is fine but what they are asking is pure asinine.. They purchased it with zero intent of keeping it and with the sole intent of flipping it for a HIGH profit.. Other people who wanted it are out of luck unless they want to feed these lowlifes.. If they want to make $100? That's cool by me but there comes a point where it's a pure lack of morals and values..

My .02
    06-01-17 08:46 PM
    You seriously don't get it do you? Not a single person has suggested such crazy'ness...

Anyway's... We can keep going back and forth.. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think people who do that are lowlife scum who get what they deserve....

Some markup is fine but what they are asking is pure asinine.. They purchased it with zero intent of keeping it and with the sole intent of flipping it for a HIGH profit.. Other people who wanted it are out of luck unless they want to feed these lowlifes.. If they want to make $100? That's cool by me but there comes a point where it's a pure lack of morals and values..

My .02
    Maybe they did purchase with the intent to keep it, but see that some people are paying up to $1000 on eBay and decided to make some cash off it. Oh well. If TCL had actually used the one month delay to make more phones to "avoid stock-outs" then there wouldn't be a market for resellers.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:58 PM
    What about house flipping? That's way more than 300 markup...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-17 09:14 PM
    If you say so. I guess everyone should just buy things and call their credit card companies to cancel. Since every store is ripping everyone off, we need this karma to just hit everyone...
    Lol
    06-01-17 09:17 PM
35 12