I use nova launcher and im finding that all too often when typing i accidentally press a capacitive button which can end up getting really messy.

I have found a solution to this. Basically just download the Button Mapper app then re-programme all three capacitive buttons so they can only be activated with a long press.

It does take some getting used to but it is a solution

I am experimenting with the delay timing so i can find the optimal setting. At the moment i have it set to a 300ms delay.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 03-17-18 at 08:10 AM.
    FF22 and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-17-18 07:58 AM
    03-17-18 08:12 AM
    But then that though kills each keys long press functionality!

Have you played BM enough to see if it'd all a triple tap of each keys normal LP function?
    03-17-18 08:15 AM
    But then that though kills each keys long press functionality!

Have you played BM enough to see if it'd all a triple tap of each keys normal LP function?
    I don't use the long press functionality. Admittedly if you use the default long press functions then this isn't the solution for you.

It doesnt allow for a triple tap.
    03-17-18 08:25 AM
    Not to take attention away from the topic but I am trying to figure out how to program the convenience key with Button Remapper.

Anyone know what the convenience key button's name is in button remapper?
    03-17-18 08:56 AM
    Not to take attention away from the topic but I am trying to figure out how to program the convenience key with Button Remapper.

Anyone know what the convenience key button's name is in button remapper?
    You have to add it as a new button.

To be honest convenience key remap doesnt work very well though so best avoided imo
    03-17-18 09:08 AM
    Tested for optimal settings and it seems 200ms is the sweet spot.
    03-17-18 02:19 PM
    The button mapper works amazing for the Keyone. It is a good suggestion, OP.

I have my keyboard set up, so that the keyboard shortcut works anywhere in the phone, and not just the home screen.
    03-17-18 02:33 PM
    Dam is there a way to export button mappers settings? Then we could share.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-18 02:36 PM
    The button mapper works amazing for the Keyone. It is a good suggestion, OP.

I have my keyboard set up, so that the keyboard shortcut works anywhere in the phone, and not just the home screen.
    You can only choose long press for that, or else...good luck typing anything
    03-18-18 05:44 AM
    You can only choose long press for that, or else...good luck typing anything
    And the benefit of having the keyboard shortcuts that work anywhere in the phone outweigh the occasional need to capitalize mid sentence. I do not even go to the home screen anymore since there is no need. In this post, I did not have to manually capitalize with the long press once.

If I do have to capitalize mid sentence, I can do it manually, which I have adjusted to get after a few days.
    03-18-18 08:12 AM
    And the benefit of having the keyboard shortcuts that work anywhere in the phone outweigh the occasional need to capitalize mid sentence. I do not even go to the home screen anymore since there is no need. In this post, I did not have to manually capitalize with the long press once.

If I do have to capitalize mid sentence, I can do it manually, which I have adjusted to get after a few days.
    I cant get that to work on the button mapper im using

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utton&hl=en_GB
    03-18-18 08:25 AM
    I cant get that to work on the button mapper im using

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utton&hl=en_GB
    I have the same app that you do.

Use these settings for the advanced setting.

On the BlackBerry Launcher keyboard setting, I had to put the identical actions as on the Button Remapper app.
    Attached Thumbnails Solution to a problem-2851.jpg  
    03-18-18 08:59 AM