I hope I get the same sort of email about mine.
    06-03-17 01:26 AM
    Amazon.com Update
    I'm hoping I get an update like this as well.
    06-03-17 01:35 AM
    Yea, we know. GSMs get all the love.

Now, where's my damn CDMA?!?
    I feel your pain.

I jumped ship with Passport.

Never looked back.

Just swap my SIM for service and call in my IMEI so no store visit either if I want my Mobile Hotspot woring.
    They beam the OK to the phone and whammo...works.

Let's be honest in that doesn't matter which Carrier.
    No BlackBerry love.
    Hell, scroll down the phone shopping list for any Carrier.
    Usually Apple, then Samsung (whomever releases the latest at the time)Samsung, then Apple, then everyone else.

Hell, if you break your unlocked phone they (ATT) will send a new one of their variant (like my PRIV I just boxed back up) as long as they carry one.
    Which with this phone they eventually will.

Only bad part is if you ever use the insurance to get a new phone, updates slow to a crawl.

Just switch to GSM
    You can use the Amazon Store Card for same payments carriers offer.
    Don't like those terms, use a good VISA you may have or better yet PayPal Credit.

SO, so tired of carriers.

If everyone did this, carriers will finally see in their bottom line what customers REALLY want.
    Not the Apple and Samsung they push.

Yes I well know; profits, loss bla bla bla.

Trust me that if you go GSM you won't be sorry.

Then if say you have a weak signal at the office or at home, screw it and buy ATT Signal Booster VOWifi.

Been with ATT a while now and still happy.
    Good plan rates, good signal, awesome phone, just keep swapping the SIM from phone to phone;.. and best of all NO LEASH..!

I wish you the best
    06-03-17 02:02 AM
    GSM works great on TMo too

I tried them too.

They are SO nice.

Just not the best coverage...but nevertheless still GSM and not VZWs CDMA or US Cellular or whoever you have.
    06-03-17 02:05 AM
    I feel your pain.

I jumped ship with Passport.

Never looked back.

Just swap my SIM for service and call in my IMEI so no store visit either if I want my Mobile Hotspot woring.
    They beam the OK to the phone and whammo...works.

Let's be honest in that doesn't matter which Carrier.
    No BlackBerry love.
    Hell, scroll down the phone shopping list for any Carrier.
    Usually Apple, then Samsung (whomever releases the latest at the time)Samsung, then Apple, then everyone else.

Hell, if you break your unlocked phone they (ATT) will send a new one of their variant (like my PRIV I just boxed back up) as long as they carry one.
    Which with this phone they eventually will.

Only bad part is if you ever use the insurance to get a new phone, updates slow to a crawl.

Just switch to GSM
    You can use the Amazon Store Card for same payments carriers offer.
    Don't like those terms, use a good VISA you may have or better yet PayPal Credit.

SO, so tired of carriers.

If everyone did this, carriers will finally see in their bottom line what customers REALLY want.
    Not the Apple and Samsung they push.

Yes I well know; profits, loss bla bla bla.

Trust me that if you go GSM you won't be sorry.

Then if say you have a weak signal at the office or at home, screw it and buy ATT Signal Booster VOWifi.

Been with ATT a while now and still happy.
    Good plan rates, good signal, awesome phone, just keep swapping the SIM from phone to phone;.. and best of all NO LEASH..!

I wish you the best
    No can do my friend.
    Verizon's grandfathered unlimited data plan too good to give up.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-03-17 02:11 AM
    I always thought that was a crazy argument! BB securing a version of Android in 2010 would have been FAR more valuable to people then, because the difference would have been huge. Today, the difference is barely noticeable BECAUSE Android has improved so much. That's why BB's overall demand is so small today, and could have been so large in 2010!
    The same argument could be said if BlackBerry had secured iOS back in 2010. BlackBerry wanted a secure phone and probably saw no way that Google or Apple would partner with them. Could they have secured Android without Google? Perhaps, but as you say, the differences were much greater then, which probably would have resulted in much greater code skew.
    06-03-17 04:55 AM
    Amazon.com Update
    You might want to obscure your name and address. You never know who might come lurking on delivery day.
    southlander likes this.
    06-03-17 06:22 AM
    lucky guys hehe right now im leaning towards getting Dtek60.. i badly needed a replacement to my passport silver edition,...
    06-03-17 08:10 AM
    Having reviewed Steve Cistulli's tweets, he never made any claims that the CDMA version would be available. So accusing him of lying about it is absurd.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Missed this reply. But here you go. Front and center.

https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...tarting-may-31
    06-03-17 11:54 AM
    I agree and Steve Cistulli is a jerk and incompetent wannabe executive . Won't even make a statement to the loyalists who want this phone. They had the names and emails and we should have had one reserved. Now BB and Amazon out of stock. Now they are on sale on eBay for 700-800$. Total BS. No respect for TCL or stupid Cistulli or whatever his name is.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-03-17 01:50 PM
    For sure some ppl gobbled up 5+ units like retailers to resell. There are a bunch on ebay at 650. 100 over msrp. US versions with solid stock.
    06-03-17 01:57 PM
    Well, had they done some decent market research as to demand (pre-order) they would have an idea what the market looked like. Then when the numbers were not looking very good for launch they could set expectations. That would be a whole lot better than stating in press releases that products would be available. As we are coming to understand the CDMA devices are no-where to be found in stark contrast to what was said in the press release. That's not being truthful.
    Absolutely 100% how I feel!
    06-03-17 01:58 PM
    I've just ordered from Amazon.de (delivery 28 June - 4 August... let's just hope it doesn't take 2 months.) and it was the last one. It's sold out there, too. Unbelievable.

I had a pre-order elsewhere, but with more and more faulty screens emerging I decided to change it for Amazon, as they are the most reliable when it comes to warranty.
    I am hopeful and having nothing more to go on than instinct, but I have never had an Amazon delivery date drag out as long as their anticipated delivery dates. Within the last year I have had 2 notable items with long waits, 1 was 30-45 days and the other was 3 months. Both were delivered in much shorter times. I am also noting that this is a meeting place of BB aficionados. While not saying that there has been no media coverage if you search Google News there are 2 prominent publications that have indicated the release was with little interest. Let us hope that changes. It would be great to see BB competing hard agains the iPhones and Galaxys
    06-03-17 02:14 PM
    They had the names and emails and we should have had one reserved. Now BB and Amazon out of stock. Now they are on sale on eBay for 700-800$. Total BS. No respect for TCL or stupid Cistulli or whatever his name is.
    Names and emails mean reserved?! Everyone on that list was ready to buy on launch, paying full cash for an unlocked unit? This is the kind of expectation that makes it sound like people have completely unrealistic demands.

As for people selling on eBay, that's not within TCL/BlackBerry Mobile's control. There are always people profiting from launches. This isn't new.

If you're going to point out problems, then point out the real problems, not BS expectations.
    06-03-17 02:15 PM
    For sure some ppl gobbled up 5+ units like retailers to resell. There are a bunch on ebay at 650. 100 over msrp. US versions with solid stock.
    I guess I don't see the acquisition problem like most people because I knew the launch was coming and watched CrackBerry. I saw the Amazon early sale when it went live because other CrackBerrians posted about it. After that, I checked Best Buy myself and saw it when it went live. I posted a thread to inform everyone on CrackBerry. The thing I know for certain is that if you want stock info, keep your eyes on CrackBerry forums.
    06-03-17 02:22 PM
    I agree and Steve Cistulli is a jerk and incompetent wannabe executive . Won't even make a statement to the loyalists who want this phone. They had the names and emails and we should have had one reserved. Now BB and Amazon out of stock. Now they are on sale on eBay for 700-800$. Total BS. No respect for TCL or stupid Cistulli or whatever his name is.
    While I understand your frustration, name calling is not going to resolve the low inventory launch in the few countries where it has been available, particularly in Canada and the United States of America on 31 May 2017.

When BlackBerry Mobile collected those email addresses they could have contacted people as launch day approached to register confirmed orders from those wanting to buy. Anyone wishing to reserve a device could pay a nonrefundable fee, say two hundred dollars, and guaranteed availability from the buyer's preferred vendor from those with whom BlackBerry Mobile has partnerships. This would have provided a better assessment of demand for the BlackBerry KEYone, in my opinion. BlackBerry Mobile wins. BlackBerry users win. The wireless carriers and retail outlets win by not overnight stocking or under stocking. Since the deposit would have been nonrefundable buyers would have been guaranteed sales.
    06-03-17 02:29 PM
    While I understand your frustration, name calling is not going to resolve the low inventory launch in the few countries where it has been available, particularly in Canada and the United States of America on 31 May 2017.

When BlackBerry Mobile collected those email addresses they could have contacted people as launch day approached to register confirmed orders from those wanting to buy. Anyone wishing to reserve a device could pay a nonrefundable fee, say two hundred dollars, and guaranteed availability from the buyer's preferred vendor from those with whom BlackBerry Mobile has partnerships. This would have provided a better assessment of demand for the BlackBerry KEYone, in my opinion. BlackBerry Mobile wins. BlackBerry users win. The wireless carriers and retail outlets win by not overnight stocking or under stocking. Since the deposit would have been nonrefundable buyers would have been guaranteed sales.
    I'd be cool with this idea, but some people who are not ready to buy on launch will cry foul about not getting their $200 back because they didn't get anything for $200, even though technically they got a /guarantee/ for a KEYone that they didn't end up buying.
    06-03-17 02:36 PM
    I guess I don't see the acquisition problem like most people because I knew the launch was coming and watched CrackBerry. I saw the Amazon early sale when it went live because other CrackBerrians posted about it. After that, I checked Best Buy myself and saw it when it went live. I posted a thread to inform everyone on CrackBerry. The thing I know for certain is that if you want stock info, keep your eyes on CrackBerry forums.
    I dont either, it is a free market. Absolutely, these forums have more info than the manufacturer. I was lucky to walk over to BB that morning. Now if someone had inside info on the short supply they could have easily made good coin on resale which i dont doubt some may have done. I just feel for those who set their clocks to 31st just how they were told. Only to find all stock gone. Funny and painful at the same time.
    06-03-17 02:59 PM
    The Pre Registration turned out to be pointless.
    06-03-17 03:27 PM
    I dont either, it is a free market. Absolutely, these forums have more info than the manufacturer. I was lucky to walk over to BB that morning. Now if someone had inside info on the short supply they could have easily made good coin on resale which i dont doubt some may have done. I just feel for those who set their clocks to 31st just how they were told. Only to find all stock gone. Funny and painful at the same time.
    I've been on the Net long enough to know that if people are interested enough in something, they'll start digging through websites to find non-public links, just like how people take apart every BB10 OS leak and publish which files are new. This kind of stuff ends up on forums.

Funny and painful... people finally got the info they wanted, a release date, but that didn't account for retailers opening the gates early... Knowing May 31st two years ago wouldn't have helped with that.
    06-03-17 03:40 PM
    The Pre Registration turned out to be pointless.
    Agreed. I guess without enough stock they didn't see any value to promotions . But if I was the marketer managing registrations I would have loudly asserted the need to offer stock to rose who registered FIRST.

That actually would have been good PR. 100% of stock pre-purchased through early registration!

06-03-17 03:51 PM
    I've been on the Net long enough to know that if people are interested enough in something, they'll start digging through websites to find non-public links, just like how people take apart every BB10 OS leak and publish which files are new. This kind of stuff ends up on forums.

Funny and painful... people finally got the info they wanted, a release date, but that didn't account for retailers opening the gates early... Knowing May 31st two years ago wouldn't have helped with that.
    Totally, ive been online long enough to know things happen. Amazon has been known to have few glitches. If you know about this, during the new macbook pro launch they mistakenly priced the units 500-600$ below msrp. Few hundreds or more who were able to order were honored that price by amazon. By the time it made it to the 3rd page on forums they curbed it. Still grabbing a 2500 laptop for 1900 was a steal.
    06-03-17 04:17 PM
    Agreed. I guess without enough stock they didn't see any value to promotions . But if I was the marketer managing registrations I would have loudly asserted the need to offer stock to rose who registered FIRST.

That actually would have been good PR. 100% of stock pre-purchased through early registration!
    It would have been good for those who registered and were at the top of the list. Everyone else would still be pissed that there wasn't enough at launch.

Also, this only works if BlackBerry Mobile handled all the sales themselves, not using any partners, because supplying any partner with stock will make people who registered feel that they could have had one, if it had not been allocated elsewhere.

BlackBerry Mobile handing a list of names and emails over to Amazon and Best Buy, to honor registrant sales, would be a breach of privacy, at least to some. Amazon and Best Buy having to check with BlackBerry Mobile for each sale would have just clogged the process... "Oh, you bought right when the KEYone's went on sale? Sorry, you don't get one because you weren't registered. You have to be registered. Wasn't that clear?"
    06-03-17 04:20 PM
    It would have been good for those who registered and were at the top of the list. Everyone else would still be pissed that there wasn't enough at launch.

Also, this only works if BlackBerry Mobile handled all the sales themselves, not using any partners, because supplying any partner with stock will make people who registered feel that they could have had one, if it had not been allocated elsewhere.

BlackBerry Mobile handing a list of names and emails over to Amazon and Best Buy, to honor registrant sales, would be a breach of privacy, at least to some. Amazon and Best Buy having to check with BlackBerry Mobile for each sale would have just clogged the process... "Oh, you bought right when the KEYone's went on sale? Sorry, you don't get one because you weren't registered. You have to be registered. Wasn't that clear?"
    Yes, the mechanics would have been a little complicated, and would not have worked at all if there was in fact insufficient stock for those who pre-registered.

Assuming that there WAS sufficient stock for pre-registrants, it would not have been hard to provide individualized codes that allowed them to purchase from Amazon ahead of the general public. That would not violate any ethical or legal principles.

My point is that BI would have been PO'd if I were the marketer responsible for the pre-registration campaign and my constituency was ignored.

06-03-17 04:46 PM
    I'd be cool with this idea, but some people who are not ready to buy on launch will cry foul about not getting their $200 back because they didn't get anything for $200, even though technically they got a /guarantee/ for a KEYone that they didn't end up buying.
    The payment would only be made after BlackBerry Mobile contacted the preregistered email address and the person opts to pay to guarantee their smartphone order. To cut down on "buyer's remorse" when they initially just provided their email to receive updates about the new smartphone prior to launch.
    06-03-17 05:52 PM
600 ... 21222324