If all that is true and it very well could be, then we can deduce one thing about their internal communication and that it's horrible as someone should have advised Steve.
    Well, he provided the disclaimer that it's all conjecture, unlike some others who state all of their thoughts as facts...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-17 09:37 AM
    I would think finding a good restaurant to eat at is a first world problem. LOL
    Lol, true, but you get my point, hopefully. Physically waiting at a location, being kept from doing other things, and also a hunger that gets worse by the minute, is very different from waiting for a device, which in the mean time you're not being kept from doing anything else...

06-02-17 09:40 AM
    Lol, true, but you get my point, hopefully. Physically waiting at a location, being kept from doing other things, and also a hunger that gets worse by the minute, is very different from waiting for a device, which in the mean time you're not being kept from doing anything else...

Actually I don't agree.

My example isn't limited to purchasing food to satisfy hunger. People here complain about Best Buys all the time when they can go to Frys or Sears (appliances) or Target. Just as people can go to different restaurants with better service.

The KEYone however is one of a kind. So yes even I purchased it even though I think TCL is, IN MY OPINION, incompetent, dishonest, and deceiving. I don't have to like the company to like the product.

Just because someone is buying something through a computer screen does not excuse the seller from proper communications and business etiquette.

That's why even eBay and Amazon has seller ratings.
    06-02-17 09:51 AM
    Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Pixel in comparison to the Keyone.
    I can tell you. I use a Pixel, my wife the KEYone.
    I really like the KEYone as much or more and I have not used a PKB since before Z10. Besides all the great things about KEYone the only thing better on Pixel is maybe a slightly better and faster camera. Otherwise, KEYone can do anything Pixel can and much more because of PKB shortcuts and it seems just as fast using apps.
    06-02-17 09:53 AM
    I've just ordered from Amazon.de (delivery 28 June - 4 August... let's just hope it doesn't take 2 months.) and it was the last one. It's sold out there, too. Unbelievable.

I had a pre-order elsewhere, but with more and more faulty screens emerging I decided to change it for Amazon, as they are the most reliable when it comes to warranty.
    06-02-17 09:57 AM
    Actually I don't agree.

My example isn't limited to purchasing food to satisfy hunger. People here complain about Best Buys all the time when they can go to Frys or Sears (appliances) or Target. Just as people can go to different restaurants with better service.

The KEYone however is one of a kind. So yes even I purchased it even though I think TCL is, IN MY OPINION, incompetent, dishonest, and deceiving. I don't have to like the company to like the product.

Just because someone is buying something through a computer screen does not excuse the seller from proper communications and business etiquette.

That's why even eBay and Amazon has seller ratings.
    Forget the hunger, you missed my point that waiting at a restaurant requires you to physically wait there. Are you required to physically wait somewhere specific for the KEYone to where you're kept from going to work, going out with your friends, or going home? No, you simply go about your business until the phone is available. It doesn't impact your life. I'm not arguing that the launch went well. Don't get why everyone seems to only be able to think in one way or another, but your comparison with having to wait at a restaurant is simply a poor comparison...

06-02-17 10:15 AM
    Forget the hunger, you missed my point that waiting at a restaurant requires you to physically wait there. Are you required to physically wait somewhere specific for the KEYone to where you're kept from going to work, going out with your friends, or going home? No, you simply go about your business until the phone is available. It doesn't impact your life. I'm not arguing that the launch went well. Don't get why everyone seems to only be able to think in one way or another, but your comparison with having to wait at a restaurant is simply a poor comparison...

I used a restaurant experience as an example of bad service. I mentioned other criteria such as waiter attitude, food quality among other things. You were the one focused only on the wait time.

The main point was it's not only the fulfillment of a transaction that matters. You and others keep saying the outcome would be the same regardless of how TCL acts.

So I'm asking you does the experience of dining out matter since all you want to do is get full? I would think the majority of us would say yes.

If you need another example. What if Amazon ships your package in 5 days even though you're a Prime member and you requested 2 days. Final outcome is you got the package that is all that matters right? I doubt you would say yes.
    06-02-17 10:35 AM
    I used a restaurant experience as an example of bad service. I mentioned other criteria such as waiter attitude, food quality among other things. You were the one focused only on the wait time.

The main point was it's not only the fulfillment of a transaction that matters. You and others keep saying the outcome would be the same regardless of how TCL acts.

So I'm asking you does the experience of dining out matter since all you want to do is get full? I would think the majority of us would say yes.

If you need another example. What if Amazon ships your package in 5 days even though you're a Prime member and you requested 2 days. Final outcome is you got the package that is all that matters right? I doubt you would say yes.
    It's not as simple as that. We don't yet know WHY it is things were communicated the way they were. People here like to simplify things and just assume matter-of-factly that they are just lying, but we don't know if they were under the same impression when they said what they did. And my question wasn't really making any assumption over whether the launch or the communications have been good or bad, I simply asked if that would have made the angry people less angry. It wasn't rhetorical or sarcastic, I was really asking to get what the end-game of that would have been in other people's opinions. Remember that my comment that started this whole thing was simply this: "So if they would have said that stock would be really limited, then all of the people who wanted one and couldn't get one would be happy?" I didn't say anything about how TCL has handled the launch...
    06-02-17 10:50 AM
    I think this thread wins most epic flame war I've seen on CB in a long time, with a close second of the "625 is too slow" war from a few months back. LOL.

 C L A S S I C
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-02-17 12:11 PM
    I think this thread wins most epic flame war I've seen on CB in a long time, with a close second of the "625 is too slow" war from a few months back. LOL.

 C L A S S I C
    Ahh, I think (for those really old timers here) who remember, there was a "situation" where a certain CrackBerryian (of name who must NEVER be spoken - even in whispered hushed voices..) who claimed to have a leak of a new OS - even published it on MEGA. Then, this person went on to password protect the zip file. and made quite a few number of us jump through hoops trying to figure out what the password was ...

Come to find out - there was no leak (not from him anyway) the file was the correct size but bogus and even after a ton of threatening bantering posts between 2 well known and Senior people, he was banished never to be heard from again (as far as I know).

THAT was a Flame War of Epic proportions.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-02-17 12:17 PM
    I just wish I had the time on my hands that others do...... lol

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 12:19 PM
    I hope no one missed out on the KEYone on launch because they heard from some people here that there won't be availability on May 31st. It would suck to have checked CrackBerry everyday and then let your guard down only to find people were getting KEYone's as soon as May 31st.
    06-02-17 12:39 PM

THAT was a Flame War of Epic proportions.
    Link to thread please
    06-02-17 03:13 PM
    Link to thread please
    It was years ago and I am sure that it has been removed.

But maybe the mods can resurrect it.
    06-02-17 03:15 PM
    It was years ago and I am sure that it has been removed.

But maybe the mods can resurrect it.
    Drat. I prefer reading about war history than observing it in the present.
    06-02-17 03:24 PM
    It wasn't until the Key1 sold out that I realized CrackBerry Kevin sold out a long time ago. Shame.
    06-02-17 09:46 PM
    It wasn't until the Key1 sold out that I realized CrackBerry Kevin sold out a long time ago. Shame.
    Kind of out of left field there. But either way, he is running a business and revenue is what matters.
    06-02-17 10:00 PM
    Thought I would call a local sasktel provider store today. They had 2 come in. One was on hold so put one on hold for myself. I went at lunch and the other guy who put the KEYone on hold was also there. The sales rep told me he had 10 other people call in and now on a wait list for more to come in.
    It's a beautiful device. Spent the rest of the afternoon at work setting it up. And I must say, it vastly outperforms the PRIV. The most noticeable is snap chat. Its not even comparable.
    06-02-17 10:02 PM
    It's not out of left field. We are upset - yet again. We turn to the CrackBerry sanctuary, and our leader is only allowed to spew propaganda.
    06-02-17 10:11 PM
    It's not out of left field. We are upset - yet again. We turn to the CrackBerry sanctuary, and our leader is only allowed to spew propaganda.
    Well yes he won't be critical at this point. It's been kind of obvious it would go that way after the partnership or sponsorship or whatever they call it.
    06-02-17 10:13 PM
    Android in 2010 is not the Android you have today, definitely not in the security domain. BlackBerry felt they needed a secure platform because that's their core business. BB10 was their way to have it.
    I always thought that was a crazy argument! BB securing a version of Android in 2010 would have been FAR more valuable to people then, because the difference would have been huge. Today, the difference is barely noticeable BECAUSE Android has improved so much. That's why BB's overall demand is so small today, and could have been so large in 2010!
    Uzi likes this.
    06-02-17 10:24 PM
    Well yes he won't be critical at this point. It's been kind of obvious it would go that way after the partnership or sponsorship or whatever they call it.
    There's nothing to blame Kevin for. He had nothing to do with the release being botched and it must really suck to come out of the woods and back to CB to have this happen.
    06-02-17 10:33 PM
    Amazon.com Update
    Attached Thumbnails SOLD OUT!-screenshot_20170602-171544.jpg  
    southlander likes this.
    06-03-17 12:00 AM
    Amazon.com Update
    Yea, we know. GSMs get all the love.

Now, where's my damn CDMA?!?
    06-03-17 12:20 AM
    I'm picking mine up at Best Buy in the morning but I'm a bit nervous about converting back to a PKB. I guess that if it isn't for me I can just resell the device on eBay or Swappa.
    Attached Thumbnails SOLD OUT!-screen-shot-2017-06-03-12.21.59-am.jpg  
    06-03-17 12:24 AM
600 ... 2021222324