They don't think the word "available" means what you think it means. Lol.
    Lol, I pointed that out about a week before the launch. I was suspicious of the lack of information so close to release day. Only to be so confidently told by someone here it meant available to buy......
    06-02-17 01:22 AM
    Lol, I pointed that out about a week before the launch. I was suspicious of the lack of information so close to release day. Only to be so confidently told by someone here it meant available to buy......
    Well to be honest I had to wait a long time to find a 128GB Pixel after launch. And the iPhone is usually hard to get certain styles of when it launches. The all black or whatever it was, was immediately out of stock last time.

Its just BlackBerry seems to be even worse at this supply chain stuff. They now seem to have a winning design. I was hoping they would have also improved their launch process. Maybe it is better I guess. Who knows. Once people can freely buy the CDMA version the complaints will stop.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-02-17 01:32 AM
    It's as if Blackberry / TCL aren't even paying attention to the launch. Do they even know the KeyONE is sold out? They have a list of the most interested customers (because we pre-registered and never heard from them). You'd think they'd have already sent us an email apologizing for this, letting us know when we can expect to be able to get one, and offering us some sort of discount or accessory package for standing by as they get it together. It wouldn't take a lot of effort to put something like that together. I love the products, but their utter lack of interest makes me despise these companies.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-02-17 03:19 AM
    It's as if Blackberry / TCL aren't even paying attention to the launch. Do they even know the KeyONE is sold out? They have a list of the most interested customers (because we pre-registered and never heard from them). You'd think they'd have already sent us an email apologizing for this, letting us know when we can expect to be able to get one, and offering us some sort of discount or accessory package for standing by as they get it together. It wouldn't take a lot of effort to put something like that together. I love the products, but their utter lack of interest makes me despise these companies.
    They know. The BBMo CEO twitted yesterday they are working to restock. Some Amazon orders are reporting they have delivery confirmation within one week.

Welcome to the CB
    06-02-17 05:38 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Restocking happening lot quicker than people think.. get your order in!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 05:46 AM
    Restocking happening lot quicker than people think.. get your order in!

Posted via CB10
    Amazon at least. Bestbuy still showing no stock
    06-02-17 06:09 AM
    Like I said in another post, BlackBerry Mobile's statement about the CDMA version being available on May 31 is basically this:
    Lol..
    06-02-17 06:39 AM
    Im not concerned about the root cause. But are you saying that them blatantly telling people a CDMA version will be available the day before launch when clearly it never was is just normal business activity?
    The CDMA version did, in fact, go on sale on the 31st, and were available for purchase, but not for immediate delivery. I don't read everything that phone execs say, but I don't recall any guarantees that they would be in stock for immediate delivery.

I have not read anything that I could interpret as a deliberate deception without more facts. Just because someone says something that turns out not to be accurate does not mean the person was lying. For all I know, BlackBerry Mobile's VP of logistics may have sworn up and down that the CDMA version would clear the docks and customs and make it to Amazon's distribution center in time for the launch.

We just don't know what's going on with the supply of KEYones, except that there wasn't sufficient stock available at the point of sale. Making assumptions about people's character is not something I would do.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-02-17 06:56 AM
    The CDMA version did, in fact, go on sale on the 31st, and were available for purchase, but not for immediate delivery. I don't read everything that phone execs say, but I don't recall any guarantees that they would be in stock for immediate delivery.

I have not read anything that I could interpret as a deliberate deception without more facts. Just because someone says something that turns out not to be accurate does not mean the person was lying. For all I know, BlackBerry Mobile's VP of logistics may have sworn up and down that the CDMA version would clear the docks and customs and make it to Amazon's distribution center in time for the launch.

We just don't know what's going on with the supply of KEYones, except that there wasn't sufficient stock available at the point of sale. Making assumptions about people's character is not something I would do.

LMAO!

Unbelievable. They might as well say it was available back in February of this is considered acceptable.
    ray689 and mister2d like this.
    06-02-17 07:03 AM

Oh okay so they meant available for order and not delivery? I guess since his tweet stated that GSM and CDMA would be available on May 31 then he must have been shocked that GSM models got delivered that day. You know since he only meant available for order.
    And as for your clearing the docks theory, if it hadn't done that on May 30th already when he confidently tweeted about it, there was no way it was getting to all the distribution channels by the 31st. You know, since the GSM models were already in their hand on the 30th. And if you are right, it just proves what many have been saying about screwed up launch.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-02-17 07:46 AM
    LMAO!

Unbelievable. They might as well say it was available back in February of this is considered acceptable.
    I doubt anyone at BlackBerry Mobile is happy about the situation, either.

What follows is conjecture:

My hunch is that, based on their experience with Alcatel phones, they completely underestimated the number of BlackBerry fans who would buy direct in the US at launch. So, without Verizon on board, and with Sprint not needing phones until later, they have been caught completely flat-footed due to very low predicted demand.

Because of the uniqueness of the form factor, they are probably using a single factory to produce the KEYone. In order to maximize production, they may be trying to minimize switchover from one model to another, doing long runs of one at a time. With the British and European launch stocking out, and with the broad support from Canadian carriers, it's easy to imagine a scenario where they just kept building GSM models as fast as possible without switching over to CDMA often or at all until it was too late.

If something like the above is what happened, then it is a legitimate question why they didn't just announce a further delay in the CDMA version in the US. But I would not jump to the conclusion that there was deliberate deception without a lot more information and TCL's internal communications.

06-02-17 07:53 AM
    Well to be honest I had to wait a long time to find a 128GB Pixel after launch. And the iPhone is usually hard to get certain styles of when it launches. The all black or whatever it was, was immediately out of stock last time.

Its just BlackBerry seems to be even worse at this supply chain stuff. They now seem to have a winning design. I was hoping they would have also improved their launch process. Maybe it is better I guess. Who knows. Once people can freely buy the CDMA version the complaints will stop.
    Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Pixel in comparison to the Keyone.
    06-02-17 08:01 AM
    Oh okay so they meant available for order and not delivery? I guess since his tweet stated that GSM and CDMA would be available on May 31 then he must have been shocked that GSM models got delivered that day. You know since he only meant available for order.
    And as for your clearing the docks theory, if it hadn't done that on May 30th already when he confidently tweeted about it, there was no way it was getting to all the distribution channels by the 31st. You know, since the GSM models were already in their hand on the 30th. And if you are right, it just proves what many have been saying about screwed up launch.
    On May 26, Steve Cistulli tweeted, "The KEYone will be in stock and available for purchase...in the U.S., available through different retail channels."

Notice he didn't identify the channels at that point, possibly because the initial supply was already out of his hands and in the hands of the retailers, and he couldn't predict where and when they would market them.

That's the only tweet I saw about the US in the week before launch day. I don't recall him ever tweeting about the CDMA version being available.

After the launch he tweeted that they were aware of stock outs.

Where is the deception?

06-02-17 08:28 AM
    On May 26, Steve Cistulli tweeted, "The KEYone will be in stock and available for purchase...in the U.S., available through different retail channels."

Notice he didn't identify the channels at that point, possibly because the initial supply was already out of his hands and in the hands of the retailers, and he couldn't predict where and when they would market them.

That's the only tweet I saw about the US in the week before launch day. I don't recall him ever tweeting about the CDMA version being available.

After the launch he tweeted that they were aware of stock outs.

Where is the deception?

He tweeted on May 30th that both GSM and CDMA would be available May 31st. There is another thread in here about it.
    06-02-17 08:39 AM
    The difference is in the transparent communications. End results are not the point.

There's a reason why there's manners, good faith gestures, politeness, and customer service satisfaction surveys when we go out shopping. We shouldn't hold TCL to a different standard than any other business serving the public.

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't care if a waiter was rude or polite to you when you visit a restaurant. After all, you're just hungry and they're there bring you food. It doesn't matter if the food comes out fast or slow? Hot or cold? The end result is you get full and they get paid? There's nothing in between that matters?
    You'll notice that the waiters are more polite in places where they rely on tips than in places where they don't. Just saying! Lol

Either way, that's a whole completely different situation. Food is necessary to satiate hunger. This is just an electronic device. Not having food is a problem, not having a certain phone is a first-world problem, lol. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-02-17 08:39 AM
    I doubt anyone at BlackBerry Mobile is happy about the situation, either.

What follows is conjecture:

My hunch is that, based on their experience with Alcatel phones, they completely underestimated the number of BlackBerry fans who would buy direct in the US at launch. So, without Verizon on board, and with Sprint not needing phones until later, they have been caught completely flat-footed due to very low predicted demand.

Because of the uniqueness of the form factor, they are probably using a single factory to produce the KEYone. In order to maximize production, they may be trying to minimize switchover from one model to another, doing long runs of one at a time. With the British and European launch stocking out, and with the broad support from Canadian carriers, it's easy to imagine a scenario where they just kept building GSM models as fast as possible without switching over to CDMA often or at all until it was too late.

If something like the above is what happened, then it is a legitimate question why they didn't just announce a further delay in the CDMA version in the US. But I would not jump to the conclusion that there was deliberate deception without a lot more information and TCL's internal communications.

If all that is true and it very well could be, then we can deduce one thing about their internal communication and that it's horrible as someone should have advised Steve.
    06-02-17 08:41 AM
    Your missing my point completly. I'm not saying you shouldn't have sympathy because of parts shortage. I think we should be sympathetic if that is in fact the case. What I'm saying is no sympathy because of the poor communication and what would appear to be outright misinformation coming from the folks who were communicating such great news at the time. Don't announce availability (especially CDMA) when you know there will be NONE in stock. It makes people who believe your words think badly of you.
    It all depends on the contractual and nda dictated. You really can not and do not want to rub your key supply on the wrong way. especially, Japanese (face, is the most important thing.. ) IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 08:48 AM
    If all that is true and it very well could be, then we can deduce one thing about their internal communication and that it's horrible as someone should have advised Steve.
    Having reviewed Steve Cistulli's tweets, he never made any claims that the CDMA version would be available. So accusing him of lying about it is absurd.

06-02-17 08:51 AM
    You'll notice that the waiters are more polite in places where they rely on tips than in places where they don't. Just saying! Lol

Either way, that's a whole completely different situation. Food is necessary to satiate hunger. This is just an electronic device. Not having food is a problem, not having a certain phone is a first-world problem, lol. :-P

I would think finding a good restaurant to eat at is a first world problem. LOL
    06-02-17 08:57 AM
    You keep harping on the minority point which in turn makes my argument that if they can't delay a month to ensure there are no stock shortages and serve a minority then something didn't go right. And no matter what you say the issue is, to tweet that a CDMA version will be available the day before launch when it clearly isn't is bad business.
    Please read my edit where I said exactly that, that it's just a detail I want to clear up but it doesn't change the point you were trying to make. Geez man... The edit is in the quote so I know it was there when you replied...

06-02-17 09:25 AM
    Maybe a bit a happier then telling them they can get their CDMA version while their supplier said it actually never came to them. You know honesty. Goes a long way. Certainly further then blatant lies.
    Hey, if you know for sure, good for you. :-)

06-02-17 09:28 AM
    Well, had they done some decent market research as to demand (pre-order) they would have an idea what the market looked like. Then when the numbers were not looking very good for launch they could set expectations. That would be a whole lot better than stating in press releases that products would be available. As we are coming to understand the CDMA devices are no-where to be found in stark contrast to what was said in the press release. That's not being truthful.
    So we know for sure that he wasn't also under the impression that they would be available but then for whatever reason they weren't? No wait, then you'd just say he's incompetent, lol. I'll simply stick with not knowing what happened. I'm not as smart as you guys when it comes to these things.

06-02-17 09:30 AM
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. Most would assume available at launch means you can get it. Or at least someone can get one.
    It's a joke, go watch Princess Bride...

06-02-17 09:31 AM

Negative, the complaints will shift to something else. Mark my words.

06-02-17 09:33 AM

Lies, the CB psychics know it all. Don't hate because you are not all-knowing like them.

06-02-17 09:35 AM
600 ... 1920212223 ...