So if they would have said that stock would be really limited, then all of the people who wanted one and couldn't get one would be happy? I ask this everytime because I could never really understand it. I'm a bit dense, sorry.
    People would still be upset, but I don't think they would be AS upset as they are now because then the company would have been honest and upfront.

Not everything is black and white. As a business selling to customers, it's not always about the the bottom line and not just about how many quantities you'll sell eventually. It's about communicating honestly with the customers.

What these business insiders or so called experts here keep talking are just the raw financial business side of the sale. All the while keeping customers guessing and bickering amongst each other. And all the while, the insiders are just saying to themselves...... oh well they'll buy one anyways, who cares.

Can anyone even answer what the point of the "Pre-register" function of the website was? Don't say it's to gauge interest because then that would be dishonest of the company.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:57 PM
    So do you think it would be ok because I actually have very good service with the classic it's an AT&T model
    As far as I can tell, the KEYone BBB100-2 has more bands than the Classic SQC100-2 that you have, however, AT&T does have new bands for LTE that the U.S. KEYone BBB100-1 might have that the BBB100-2 doesn't. This may affect future LTE service for you, so I'd rather not just say "just go for it" because we're talking about $800 and your satisfaction with the product.

BBB100-1

LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30
    TDD LTE: 38, 39, 40, 41

BBB100-2

LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20, 28
    TDD LTE: 38, 40
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 09:01 PM
    Oh geez, so I guess all of the other name-calling and labeling is ok, but very specifically "fanatic" isn't then? Ok. Sorry I misunderstood...
    Didn't name call. Pointed out when people make constant excuses for BlackBerry mobile. Listen, you are the one who claimed that nobody knows about this device except for people at CB. So if that is the case and BlackBerry mobile delayed a month to ensure they meet demand and yet still couldn't do that even though according to you, the only demand they had to meet was Crackberr then I guess they really dropped the ball.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-01-17 09:06 PM
    I just got an email from Amazon, they got a stock of key ones in and mines on the way instead of coming July 10th I'll get it next Wednesday
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 06-02-17 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Google voice don't put what I say lol.
    dollface and lherch like this.
    06-01-17 09:39 PM
    I just got an email from Amazon they got a stock of key ones in Minds on the way instead of coming July 10th I'll get it next Wednesdayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a623dcd7d2.jpg
    Awesome! Good thing you didn't buy that 100-2 one.
    06-01-17 09:41 PM
    I just got an email from Amazon they got a stock of key ones in Minds on the way instead of coming July 10th I'll get it next Wednesdayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a623dcd7d2.jpg
    GSM or CDMA?
    06-01-17 09:42 PM
    People would still be upset, but I don't think they would be AS upset as they are now because then the company would have been honest and upfront.

Not everything is black and white. As a business selling to customers, it's not always about the the bottom line and not just about how many quantities you'll sell eventually. It's about communicating honestly with the customers.

What these business insiders or so called experts here keep talking are just the raw financial business side of the sale. All the while keeping customers guessing and bickering amongst each other. And all the while, the insiders are just saying to themselves...... oh well they'll buy one anyways, who cares.

Can anyone even answer what the point of the "Pre-register" function of the website was? Don't say it's to gauge interest because then that would be dishonest of the company.
    OR, if they had said that, then people would be less likely to stay up late or wake up early for one because some people really just don't enjoy "the hunt" and the phone would have slower sales in the beginning, which could prevent something like Telus changing their position on offering the KEYone only to business customers for example... I don't have any powers to see how things would be different, but just stating another possibility in addition to yours.
    06-01-17 09:47 PM
    Didn't name call. Pointed out when people make constant excuses for BlackBerry mobile. Listen, you are the one who claimed that nobody knows about this device except for people at CB. So if that is the case and BlackBerry mobile delayed a month to ensure they meet demand and yet still couldn't do that even though according to you, the only demand they had to meet was Crackberr then I guess they really dropped the ball.
    Um, actually no, I never said the only people who know about it are on CB. I said the only people who know about it are LIKE us, meaning people who have an interest in these things (mobile phones, not just BB) and actually go to websites and read online articles about it, which despite what some of you think do constitute the minority.

Did you see any advertising? I know I didn't. So I really don't understand why you keep referring to that idea like it's so controversial.

Edit: I know in the end that little detail doesn't change much since I think we still make up the minority, we meaning people who read up online about upcoming phones, not just us in CB. So the demand is still small like you've stated compared to companies that spend billions on actual marketing for the rest of the world who don't do what we do...
    06-01-17 09:50 PM
    Awesome! Good thing you didn't buy that 100-2 one.
    I know man! My wife was like ( see good thing you listen to me) lol.
    06-01-17 09:56 PM
    If you ever work with supply chain management or sqa(supply quality assurance) go through contract negotiations, you would understand. We don't know if it is apple influence the delay, however, camera module is one of those single source items, hard to replace or find alternative if it is short supply either by lack of under estimated demand, or by lack of components supply, the bright side of the parts is, if it is camera module, you can build up sub assembly and leave the module socket empty.. insert it when you get the part. Your holding inventory would be a financial hit for the quarter, but it will buy you time once the parts showed up... IMHO
    Your missing my point completly. I'm not saying you shouldn't have sympathy because of parts shortage. I think we should be sympathetic if that is in fact the case. What I'm saying is no sympathy because of the poor communication and what would appear to be outright misinformation coming from the folks who were communicating such great news at the time. Don't announce availability (especially CDMA) when you know there will be NONE in stock. It makes people who believe your words think badly of you.
    06-01-17 10:08 PM
    OR, if they had said that, then people would be less likely to stay up late or wake up early for one because some people really just don't enjoy "the hunt" and the phone would have slower sales in the beginning, which could prevent something like Telus changing their position on offering the KEYone only to business customers for example... I don't have any powers to see how things would be different, but just stating another possibility in addition to yours.
    The difference is in the transparent communications. End results are not the point.

There's a reason why there's manners, good faith gestures, politeness, and customer service satisfaction surveys when we go out shopping. We shouldn't hold TCL to a different standard than any other business serving the public.

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't care if a waiter was rude or polite to you when you visit a restaurant. After all, you're just hungry and they're there bring you food. It doesn't matter if the food comes out fast or slow? Hot or cold? The end result is you get full and they get paid? There's nothing in between that matters?
    gallopiton likes this.
    06-01-17 10:23 PM
    GSM or CDMA?
    GSM
    06-01-17 10:29 PM
    Not a conspiracy theory at all; look at the Nintendo Switch.
    Yeah, that's gonna happen sadly. I wonder if BestBuy is gonna be able to supply all the ones they posted yesterday about being in stock June 2 and June 3. I went to five of them and each store got 2 that first day.
    06-01-17 10:59 PM
    I received a similar email too
    06-01-17 11:08 PM
    Did anyone who ordered from BestBuy to have it delivered Jun 2 gotten shipping notifications? I ordered mine to pick it up from store Jun 3 but all these amazon posts saying delivery in a month has gotten me nervous that my device might not make it since minutes after I ordered they stopped selling them.
    06-01-17 11:10 PM
    I received a similar email too
    Awesome! Happy for you man.
    06-01-17 11:11 PM
    Did anyone who ordered from BestBuy to have it delivered Jun 2 gotten shipping notifications? I ordered mine to pick it up from store Jun 3 but all these amazon posts saying delivery in a month has gotten me nervous that my device might not make it since minutes after I ordered they stopped selling them.
    That's what mine still says but I think if you had already ordered it prior to the 31st or the day of the 31st they're sending them to those people first
    06-01-17 11:12 PM
    Um, actually no, I never said the only people who know about it are on CB. I said the only people who know about it are LIKE us, meaning people who have an interest in these things (mobile phones, not just BB) and actually go to websites and read online articles about it, which despite what some of you think do constitute the minority.

Did you see any advertising? I know I didn't. So I really don't understand why you keep referring to that idea like it's so controversial.

Edit: I know in the end that little detail doesn't change much since I think we still make up the minority, we meaning people who read up online about upcoming phones, not just us in CB. So the demand is still small like you've stated compared to companies that spend billions on actual marketing for the rest of the world who don't do what we do...
    You keep harping on the minority point which in turn makes my argument that if they can't delay a month to ensure there are no stock shortages and serve a minority then something didn't go right. And no matter what you say the issue is, to tweet that a CDMA version will be available the day before launch when it clearly isn't is bad business.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-01-17 11:20 PM
    So if they would have said that stock would be really limited, then all of the people who wanted one and couldn't get one would be happy? I ask this everytime because I could never really understand it. I'm a bit dense, sorry.
    Maybe a bit a happier then telling them they can get their CDMA version while their supplier said it actually never came to them. You know honesty. Goes a long way. Certainly further then blatant lies.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-01-17 11:24 PM
    Well, had they done some decent market research as to demand (pre-order) they would have an idea what the market looked like. Then when the numbers were not looking very good for launch they could set expectations. That would be a whole lot better than stating in press releases that products would be available. As we are coming to understand the CDMA devices are no-where to be found in stark contrast to what was said in the press release. That's not being truthful.
    06-01-17 11:38 PM
    Maybe a bit a happier then telling them they can get their CDMA version while their supplier said it actually never came to them. You know honesty. Goes a long way. Certainly further then blatant lies.
    Like I said in another post, BlackBerry Mobile's statement about the CDMA version being available on May 31 is basically this:
    06-01-17 11:51 PM
    From their May 30 press release "with the CDMA variant available via Amazon at launch" What's up with that?
    They don't think the word "available" means what you think it means. Lol.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-01-17 11:54 PM
    They don't think the word "available" means what you think it means. Lol.
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. Most would assume available at launch means you can get it. Or at least someone can get one.
    06-01-17 11:57 PM
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. Most would assume available at launch means you can get it. Or at least someone can get one.
    Yes. It's called sarcasm.
    06-02-17 12:01 AM
    Whoa Ray. Ease up on the trigger brah. Slagman is asleep.
    06-02-17 01:10 AM
600 ... 1819202122 ...