So you are saying someone who is irrational in their thought to a certain degree? Well then same goes for anyone who, simply because they went on a trip and met a couple people, now can't seem to ever admit they may screw up also qualifies. Like you know it's not a big deal they told all their customers that the CDMA version would be available on the 31st the day before when clearly they knew that wasn't the case since there has not been any sign of it anywhere. That's okay because we met them and they are nice to us lol.
    I've read enough of your postings to understand what you're eluding to, but to someone else, who hasn't read your exchange with conite, then what you wrote sounds like some weird ramblings not related to the present discussion.
    06-01-17 07:08 PM
    It's obviously a big deal to some fans that they couldn't buy the phone they want on launch day. I understand that. And it's obviously important to you that someone is "to blame" for that disappointment, either because someone lied or committed some other kind of professional malfeasance. I don't really understand that, but feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

To me, it's all just normal business stuff. Lost sales due to stock outs are a normal part of business that managers try to balance against the cost of excess production, holding costs and inventory overages.

We heard directly from BlackBerry Mobile over a month ago that they were worried about having enough supply to meet demand, and that certainly seems to be the case.

We don't know what the root cause is, whether it is low demand projections by marketing, insufficient parts or sub-assemblies, higher than expected defects, weak logistics, lack of commitment from retailers or a shortage of shrink wrap, for that matter.

I would love to get actual information about what's going on, but it literally is none of my business! I'm interested as a business sales and operations professional, but not because I personally care whether BlackBerry Mobile or the KEYone is successful or not.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Im not concerned about the root cause. But are you saying that them blatantly telling people a CDMA version will be available the day before launch when clearly it never was is just normal business activity?
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-01-17 07:14 PM
    I've read enough of your postings to understand what you're eluding to, but to someone else, who hasn't read your exchange with conite, then what you wrote sounds like some weird ramblings not related to the present discussion.
    Lol yes fair point. I read it again and it does sound like I'm on a street corner with a sign that says the end is near. But you know what I'm getting at.
    06-01-17 07:15 PM
    Yes, it'll work with AT&T, but some of the radio bands will be missing, which means in some areas of the U.S., you won't get optimal service. If you go to the BlackBerry Mobile website, you can compare the radio bands.
    OK, I have a classic that 100-2 and I get better service on it then all of my 100-1 or 100-3. Don't know why lol. Thanks for replying.
    06-01-17 07:16 PM
    OK, I have a classic that 100-2 and I get better service on it then all of my 100-1 or 100-3. Don't know why lol. Thanks for replying.
    For the full answer as whether it would matter to you or not, you would need to know what bands AT&T uses in the cities/towns that you frequent. However, since you know your Classic 100-2 works well, you could probably look up what radio bands it uses and compare with the two KEYone's on BlackBerry Mobile's site.
    06-01-17 07:28 PM
    http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...-other-vendors
    If Tcl delay is due to component issue, I can sympathize to their position. When you don't have volume order on your side, you might end up in a rock and hard place. Best luck of Tcl.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 07:33 PM
    Not everyone is like that you know! You shouldn't tell others how to feel!

LOL. Your power of suggestion was too great for me. I had to do it.
    You animal!!

Edit: Typed my response within the quote, whoops!!
    Last edited by slagman5; 06-01-17 at 07:50 PM.
    06-01-17 07:36 PM
    Lol yes these who criticize are fanatics but those who just can't ever admit BlackBerry mobile has done anything wrong and defend their actions to no end certainly are not. Makes perfect sense haha.
    Funny coming from someone who accuses people of being fanatics all of the time... Can't take it but can dish it out huh?
    06-01-17 07:38 PM
    I would say that anyone who has a strong emotional response to a mobile phone release (angry, joyous, can't sleep with excitement, etc.) would qualify as a fan. And there's nothing wrong with being a fan! But "fan" is still short for "fanatuc.". That's not an opinion it's an etymological fact.

Don't try the "statement of fact" thing. For some reason I get jumped on everytime I try to state a fact. We should just stick to emotional comments, they seem to go over better around here...
    06-01-17 07:39 PM
    It's obviously a big deal to some fans that they couldn't buy the phone they want on launch day. I understand that. And it's obviously important to you that someone is "to blame" for that disappointment, either because someone lied or committed some other kind of professional malfeasance. I don't really understand that, but feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

To me, it's all just normal business stuff. Lost sales due to stock outs are a normal part of business that managers try to balance against the cost of excess production, holding costs and inventory overages.

We heard directly from BlackBerry Mobile over a month ago that they were worried about having enough supply to meet demand, and that certainly seems to be the case.

We don't know what the root cause is, whether it is low demand projections by marketing, insufficient parts or sub-assemblies, higher than expected defects, weak logistics, lack of commitment from retailers or a shortage of shrink wrap, for that matter.

I would love to get actual information about what's going on, but it literally is none of my business! I'm interested as a business sales and operations professional, but not because I personally care whether BlackBerry Mobile or the KEYone is successful or not.

Well now you have made me realize that my few less that happy posts are nothing more than rants from a clueless (shall I say it) jerk. I truly do appreciate the clarity in all the emotion. I am certain that TCL is scrambling right now to make sure that the mistakes of this launch are not repeated.

It is a difficult task to balance supply (a known figure) with demand (an unknown hard to quantify figure). Like you, I truly would like to know what the expectations were and what the supply issues are. Doubt we will ever know, but it would be interesting.

Thanks again for a great post.
    06-01-17 07:41 PM
    Funny coming from someone who accuses people of being fanatics all of the time... Can't take it but can dish it out huh?
    When have I ever used that word exactly?
    06-01-17 07:42 PM
    Just got delivery date from Amazon for CDMA:

Arriving Jun 20 - Jul 10

(for reference, I placed the pre-order with Amazon around 9 : 30pm EST on May 30th)
    newcollector likes this.
    06-01-17 07:43 PM
    For the full answer as whether it would matter to you or not, you would need to know what bands AT&T uses in the cities/towns that you frequent. However, since you know your Classic 100-2 works well, you could probably look up what radio bands it uses and compare with the two KEYone's on BlackBerry Mobile's site.
    I'll check that. Thanks man.
    06-01-17 07:45 PM
    If Tcl delay is due to component issue, I can sympathize to their position. When you don't have volume order on your side, you might end up in a rock and hard place. Best luck of Tcl.

Posted via CB10
    Nintendo is having the same issue, looks like Apple is gobbling up components on a grand scale. It MIGHT be what is plaguing TCL. (My spidey senses are tingling I can sense someone about to hit quote to call me an apologist saying I'm giving them excuses), but I'm not saying that IS the reason, but I have heard about this issue independent of this launch and am just curious if it is related in some way... Or people here are right and Cistulli is just out to **** people off intentionally and is just sitting at his desk reading these forums tapping his fingers together and whispering "Excellent" to himself in an evil tone... SOLD OUT!-mrburns1.gif
    06-01-17 07:48 PM
    OK this is the one I was going to order that's in Stock, but it's $850 but oh well lol. Here's my att classic. What do you think?
    06-01-17 07:50 PM
    Just got delivery date from Amazon for CDMA:

Arriving Jun 20 - Jul 10

(for reference, I placed the pre-order with Amazon around 9 : 30pm EST on May 30th)
    That's what mine says to, got it today but might buy another one also. I can get it Saturday but it's a International UK 100-2
    06-01-17 07:51 PM
    When have I ever used that word exactly?
    Oh geez, so I guess all of the other name-calling and labeling is ok, but very specifically "fanatic" isn't then? Ok. Sorry I misunderstood...
    06-01-17 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why in the world would you sympathize to their position? If they made an announcement that stock would be limited I could understand sympathy. after all, why would you kick them when they're down. But instead, all smiles, full steam ahead, announcing availability of products that they know don't even exist (CDMA). No sympathy should be given for being dishonest. Hey, they controlled the message. It was their choice to go off the rails and create the situation we are in now. Their Choice.
    hjc73734 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-01-17 08:08 PM
    Why in the world would you sympathize to their position? If they made an announcement that stock would be limited I could understand sympathy. after all, why would you kick them when they're down. But instead, all smiles, full steam ahead, announcing availability of products that they know don't even exist (CDMA). No sympathy should be given for being dishonest. Hey, they controlled the message. It was their choice to go off the rails and create the situation we are in now. Their Choice.
    If you ever work with supply chain management or sqa(supply quality assurance) go through contract negotiations, you would understand. We don't know if it is apple influence the delay, however, camera module is one of those single source items, hard to replace or find alternative if it is short supply either by lack of under estimated demand, or by lack of components supply, the bright side of the parts is, if it is camera module, you can build up sub assembly and leave the module socket empty.. insert it when you get the part. Your holding inventory would be a financial hit for the quarter, but it will buy you time once the parts showed up... IMHO
    06-01-17 08:27 PM
    OK this is the one I was going to order that's in Stock, but it's $850 but oh well lol. Here's my att classic. What do you think? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7ce6e390cf.jpg
    Classic SQC100-2

2G: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    3G: 800/850, 1900, 2100
    4G: 700bc, 800, 850, 1700 (17, 20, 5, 4), 1800, 1900, 2100, 2600 (3, 2, 1, 7)

Looks like the KEYone BBB100-2 has more bands than your Classic.

I hope someone else can chime in for a second opinion.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 08:27 PM
    So if they would have said that stock would be really limited, then all of the people who wanted one and couldn't get one would be happy? I ask this everytime because I could never really understand it. I'm a bit dense, sorry.
    06-01-17 08:28 PM
    If you ever work with supply chain management or sqa(supply quality assurance) go through contract negotiations, you would understand. We don't know if it is apple influence the delay, however, camera module is one of those single source items, hard to replace or find alternative if it is short supply either by lack of under estimated demand, or by lack of components supply, the bright side of the parts is, if it is camera module, you can build up sub assembly and leave the module socket empty.. insert it when you get the part. Your holding inventory would be a financial hit for the quarter, but it will buy you time once the parts showed up... IMHO
    Obviously everyone here knows all of this business stuff better than everyone at TCL, duh...
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 08:30 PM
    Classic SQC100-2

2G: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    3G: 800/850, 1900, 2100
    4G: 700bc, 800, 850, 1700 (17, 20, 5, 4), 1800, 1900, 2100, 2600 (3, 2, 1, 7)

Looks like the KEYone BBB100-2 has more bands than your Classic.

I hope someone else can chime in for a second opinion.
    So do you think it would be ok because I actually have very good service with the classic it's an AT&T model
    06-01-17 08:49 PM
    Obviously everyone here knows all of this business stuff better than everyone at TCL, duh...
    I know every phone company has problems with a shortage of phones but I think it was pretty wrong for TCL to delay the launch a month and still come up short. They should have just straight-up said there may be limited number of devices so don't get to excited haha. I don't mind waiting I guess, I have 52 phones so I have some to get me by until July 10th.
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 06-02-17 at 06:58 AM.
    06-01-17 08:52 PM
    Who thinks some 3rd party reseller types snapped up a bunch of these to resell at higher prices? I will be watching Amazon and ebay to see. A conspiracy theory, but perhaps not so very far fetched.
    Not a conspiracy theory at all; look at the Nintendo Switch.
    06-01-17 08:56 PM
600 ... 1718192021 ...